Realistic Jones vs Sonnen undercard prediction

BuiltRoyTough

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I plan on attending the event and buying tix next week. Realistically can u make a co main and under card? Seems like most of the talent is booked, as a big fan I hope Roy Nelson is on the card and it could be possible

Jones vs Sonnen
Nelson vs Carwin
Nate Diaz vs Joe Loazon
Kongo vs Browne rematch
Dustin Poirier vs Eric Koch

Seems possible realistically?

Is Carwin going to be back by then?

I like Nate Diaz vs. Joe Lauzon.

Roy Nelson vs. Josh Barnett would be awesome.
Luke Rockhold vs. Chris Weidman.

it doesn't seem realistic to me. the main card should look like an undercard, a la ufc 151

it doesn't seem realistic to me. the main card should look like an undercard, a la ufc 151

Thats what im worried about I guess mine is more possible then realistic? What would you have the card looking like?

you guys are forgetting that they put lame fights on Jones' undercards.. or did they learn their lesson?

Diaz/Lauzon is one I can see happening. I doubt we will see Carwin fight anytime soon. I don't think anyone wants to see a Kongo/Browne rematch. If Poirier/Koch is only possible if Koch loses to Lamas on the 26th and even if he does I don't know if he would take a match so quickly depending on how he loses.

I say:

Rockhold/Weidman
Wineland/Assun

Diaz/Lauzon is one I can see happening. I doubt we will see Carwin fight anytime soon. I don't think anyone wants to see a Kongo/Browne rematch. If Poirier/Koch is only possible if Koch loses to Lamas on the 26th and even if he does I don't know if he would take a match so quickly depending on how he loses.

I say:

Rockhold/Weidman
Wineland/Assun

Jones gets the worst cards. It will left over fighters from TUF Australia vs Tuf fighters from America. Hopefully we get a decent co main.

I think ALEXANDER GUSTAFSSON in the co main would be good to get him so shine.

I say:

Rockhold/Weidman
Wineland/Assun

Jones and good undercards... hell even good main cards doesn't seem likely, which sucks.

Yes to all of the above but will Wiedman be ready? When is he expected to resume training?

Im not sure. I don't know how bad his injury is, but Jones/Sonnen is until April 27 so im hoping that is enough time to recover.

a card in NJ will almost certainly feature Jim Miller on the main card...TBH, i wouldnt be surprised to see Miller v. Maynard as the Co Main event...id rather a bigger fight as co main but i dont think this card will get one being that its being sold off the strength of the main event being promoted non stop on TUF...

Costa Phillipou trains w/ Serra/Longo out of LI so hes pretty much a lock for this card too...

id like Weidman to fight on this card since hes also from that camp but not sure if hell be ready to go by then...

Edgar still has never fought in NJ for a UFC PPV event and it looks like that streak will continue...

trying to think of other fighters from NJ/NY area...i know Nick Catone is from NJ but i really could give a shit...

well hopefully they have another LHW on the card and they tell Jones he could fight on one of them before hand so 151 doesn't happen again.

I plan on attending the event and buying tix next week. Realistically can u make a co main and under card? Seems like most of the talent is booked, as a big fan I hope Roy Nelson is on the card and it could be possible

Jones vs Sonnen
Nelson vs Carwin
Nate Diaz vs Joe Loazon
Kongo vs Browne rematch
Dustin Poirier vs Eric Koch

Seems possible realistically?

seems like Carwin will never not be injured so i dont expect that fight to happen...dont think theres any interest in a kongo v. browne rematch nor would it really suit this card...that fight would have already been scheduled at previous events if anyone or the UFC gave a crap about them fighting again...wheres the obvious NJ fighters? Jim Miller will certainly be a main card feature if not co main event...costa philippou is coming off the biggest win of his career and will almost certainly be on the card, likely main card at that...Koch fighting on this card will be dependent on what happens in 2 weeks at UFC on FOX 6...he may very well be next in line for the winner of Aldo v. Edgar being that he was already scheduled for the FW title fight and Lamas defeated the #2 guy Hioki...id love to see him fight Poirier but it doesnt seem too likely IMO...Diaz v Lauzon looks solid...Lauzon is from Boston so i can see him having a solid fan base at a NJ event...

new SF crossover Gian Villante will prob. be on this card...hes from Long Island NY...also, Joey Gambino is from NY...somewhere upstate i think...hell prob. be on the card...

I am expecting something like this:
Jones vs Sonnen
Miller vs Pearson
Alves vs Noke
Hathaway vs Pierce

you guys are forgetting that they put lame fights on Jones' undercards.. or did they learn their lesson?

I dont think the UFC has learned there lesson from UFC 151, I will get the card since I get most of Jones cards but the UFC really needs to learn how to put better cards together when jones fights or any marquee fighter fights.

And Dana and the UFC talk about boxing cards.

How good would Nate Diaz vs Joe Lauzon be???? Fucken awesome match up.

Glad to see most like the idea of Diaz vs Lauzon I hope i can predict the future and this makes the card.

i cant see Nelson vs Carwin happening anymore.
but i hope Nate Diaz vs Joe Lauzon and Dustin Poirier vs Eric Koch happens

Back