"Real warriors don't talk trash..."

So Muhammad Ali was not a real warrior then.

He was a sports athlete. Never thought of him as a warrior, but instead just a superior athlete. Tough SOB though.

But I think the point you were trying to make is "Yes, some warriors do shittalk" Mike Tyson would be a good example.

In the end, he's making a normative statement.

I say being a real warrior has nothing to do with what you say and everything to do with what you do.

Actions speak louder than words.

If you want to focus on Conor's words rather than his actions, then that is your prerogative.

If he becomes the champion and then becomes the actual GOAT, are you gonna say he wasn't a real warrior 'because he talked trash'?

No. That makes no sense at all. The man does what he does and the trash talk should have no bearing on that.

Conor speaks facts. If you think that facts are trash talk, then take your qualm up with objective reality.

He was a sports athlete. Never thought of him as a warrior, but instead just a superior athlete. Tough SOB though.

But I think the point you were trying to make is "Yes, some warriors do shittalk" Mike Tyson would be a good example.

Didn't mike say he was going to eat someones children or rape someone or something like that.

By that logic all athletes are just athletes and not warriors, I don't know what you're getting at.

People overrate trashtalk so much.

If you can be funny its one thing, but being disrespectful and just plain annoying is another and that's what Conor is.

Good fighter, but can't stand him. Can't wait for Aldo to shut him up .

Not willing to knock people who try to sell fights. More fighters talking trash generates more interest and more fighters make money. Not everyone is humble, and not everyone should be.

"Real warriors." What a load of shit.

OK, when I think of real REAL warriors, I think of soldiers on a battlefield. If you don't think military personnel who do real combat in war don't talk trash about their enemies than you are ignorant to life. There's nothing wrong with talking trash in battle. Whether others like it or not is immaterial. In fact, Connor's trash talk may eventually get old and maybe even a little annoying to those of us who are fans of his, but that doesn't make him any less of a "warrior" just because he has a charisma and an ability to talk that other fighters like Rumble don't possess.

I agree with these two, but I love the mindfuck that comes from trashtalking. Being able to mentally beat a guy before a fight is a talent

you mean like Chael did to Silva b4 their second fight?

ufc-148-sonnen-vs-silva-11.jpg

I'm not a Conor hater,in regards to his skills,but the trash talk,the arrogance is too much....Hell Im irsih and I cant stand his antics.

if no one trash talked mma would be quite a boring gig. You can dislike it if you want to.

if no one trash talked mma would be quite a boring gig. You can dislike it if you want to.

yeah because Fedor/CC was not the most anticipated fight in Pride history.:redface:

I find trash talk, arrogance and showboating to be highly entertaining. Isn't that why we watch this crazy sport, to be entertained? Some people, including some fighters, take this stuff too seriously. Being able to engage a crowd verbally is a skill that not everyone has.

I agree with rumble here... Real warriors aren't about that "Talk".. Fedor and Cain being excellent examples of this!

Conor may not be the GOAT.

Conor may not beat Aldo.

One thing is for certain tho....

The man is a fearless Warrior in the cage!

Yeah real warriors cut 40+ pounds to make a weight class they have no business being in to beat up guys significantly smaller than them.

Back