"Real warriors don't talk trash..."

Real warriors go to war. Anything else is...well...something else. This is the "no true scottsman" fallacy.

The trash talking is really good for building up a fight.

See I like Rumble. Show your worth in the cage, not outside of it.

Mainly because trash talkers usually don't have the skill levels of the top of the heap guys.

Guys like Chael and Conor talk their way to a title shot. They are still good fighters but not champion material.

Conor is not a trash talker!

He's just expressing his views on the fights and fighters, and these views happen to be not very polite, but that still does not make them false in any means.

If Conor says that he thinks Aldo will fall down after 1 or 2 clean shots to the head, I believe him.

Can't say that I disagree but I just think it wouldn't suit Gus for instance. Also I like to think that most European's don't really trash talk that much, with a certain Irishman as exception.

I both agree and disagree with Rumble.

This is ultimately the entertainment business, and there isn't anything wrong with promoting yourself. Conor is very obviously getting a large push, because he conducts himself both inside and outside of the octagon. Also, the lighter weight divisions need attention. The fans historically tune into the heavier weights.

Does every fighter need to do this? Not at all, but some guys have that "it" factor, and once its genuine and believable, I'm fine with it. If Cain suddenly started to put that act on, I'd be like WTF.

Muhammed Ali, Mike Tyson etc = not warriors

Thanks Rumble

No need to trash talk, except when they call you "crumble".

Screen_Shot_2015_01_21_at_10_17_10_AM.png

See I like Rumble. Show your worth in the cage, not outside of it.

Mainly because trash talkers usually don't have the skill levels of the top of the heap guys.

Guys like Chael and Conor talk their way to a title shot. They are still good fighters but not champion material.

Complete bullshit and ironic since you name is The-AxeMurderer.

This is definitely not true

It certainly is in my circles. Growing up in a pretty rough area, I can tell you the most feared guys were not the guys who screamed the loudest and ran their mouths.

It was the dudes who were quiet and kept to themselves that usually put some of the most horrific beatdowns on folks who acted tough. They were the ones that people usually walked WAY around.

So many great fighters that go against this...

Did not expect this topic to be about Connor.

i didnt realize there was guidelines to the fighting etiquette.

So Muhammad Ali was not a real warrior then.

he chose jail over war, pretty much making him the exact opposite of a warrior in the most literal sense. call him principled, but not a warrior.

Back