Real Talk: How will Johnny Manziel do in the NFL?

If the Browns plan on letting him run and gunsling, he wont be long for the game imo. Its inevitable that he gets injured...

Everyone said that in college too. And yeah, he will have to adjust a bit. But that's true for every QB.

images

How will he do in his rookie season? In his career?

The Browns didnt get him any help at WR in the draft, and now Josh Gordon is gone (may not be back for Cleveland again). I dont see them riding Ben Tate's back to success, either.

He is going to struggle imo. That division is going to be tough for him. I could see him being a major turnover machine. I say the Browns finish 5-11 at the very best. I wouldnt be surprised to see Brian Hoyer get some playing time, too, if Johnny really struggles.

Thoughts?

He's going to take a beating, all about whether he can adjust

Undersized QB playing in the AFC North for Cleveland? What could go wrong?

Not nearly as well as Cleveland hopes. Johnny Manziel might as well do MMA instead

First DUI before the preseason is over.

Sexual assault by week 8.

Career ending injury by week 16.

Completely broke within two years.

christian-bale-kermit-the-frog.gif

I think his upmost ceiling is Fran Tarkenton (which is a compliment, underrated QB), and his worst case scenario is that his style of play causes him to get injured early and often to the point where he'll forever be a "what have been."

My personal feelings are that he won't get by with running like he did in college and will ultimately fail. However, like all running quarterbacks, he'll be a huge fantasy asset while he's on the field. I'd like to see him succeed, but I have my doubts.

Watch Vick play more please. He would chuck that shit deep as Desean burned past everyone. Meanwhile in Atlanta he played the check down game/curl routes to tall WRs and hoping. I like Vick but he's not some special passer who made good reads or was ever accurate.

QB rating is greatly distorted by having a high YPA

:rolleyes:

Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/best-passers-history-yards-per-attempt/5924/
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/passing-stat-that-matters/5285/

Anyways, Johnny U is destined for failure. Injury prone, undersized, and drafted on a garbage team with a broken infastructure

First DUI before the preseason is over.

Sexual assault by week 8.

Career ending injury by week 16.

Completely broke within two years.

Pretty much, but doesn't his family have oil money or something? Doubting the broke part.

He's one of those players that will either turn out to be the game changer or a bust.

He's already better than Bridgewater for not being a whiney bitch!

Watch Vick play more please. He would chuck that shit deep as Desean burned past everyone. Meanwhile in Atlanta he played the check down game/curl routes to tall WRs and hoping. I like Vick but he's not some special passer who made good reads or was ever accurate.

QB rating is greatly distorted by having a high YPA

Lol. So it doesn't count when a QB has fast or tall receivers?

You don't get to be a starting QB for over a decade and have the career numbers he has by being crap or even average. He was an above average passer when everything is put together: arm strength, vision, decision making and accuracy.

Canziel won't get close to that. Quote me in 2024.

Got my email about Falcon single game tickets going on sale this morning and the only one I deemed worth the effort and money was when Manziel comes to town. I'm taking the chance that he'll be the starter and also not injured by that late in the season but worth the risk imo. No denying that the man is box office and has that star quality.

Life long Browns fan here: Not expecting anything but 2 concussion and a handful of broken ribs by mid season. Less talented Michael Vick.

More like Johnny Shithead

Back