Real Talk: How will Johnny Manziel do in the NFL?

When was the last time Cleveland developed a qb? Dudes destined for failure.

I was expecting him to be half-decent with Josh Gordon receiving for him but the looming suspension brings the expectations down.

I doubt he ever see the field. Hoyer is going to make them forget they even drafted Canziel.

I think he's injured within 6 games, and will be in and out of the line-up from there after. Kinda like the modern M Vick.

Hopefully, I'm wrong, and he has a long healthy career a la Brees and Wilson.

If he has a Vick career he should be ecstatic.

He has a weaker arm, is slower and is weaker physically than Vick. His accuracy and reads are worse than current Vick's.

He'll be a huge can.

He has a weaker arm, is slower and is weaker physically than Vick. His accuracy and reads are worse than current Vick's.

He'll be a huge can.

His arm is legit and more accurate than Vicks. His arm isnt the issue.

He'll be a huge can.

That's basically exactly who he is. A smaller and slower Vick with a weaker arm. At 200 lbs I seriously doubt he stays healthy through a full season. Vick's accuracy isn't always consistent but he could always BOMB it when needed.

I think Manziel could be successful in a run first offense consistent with throws 10-15 yards at a time. Again, can he stay healthy with insanely big D-Lineman coming at him.

He'll be a huge can.

LOL quite the can response. Manziel is light years ahead of Vick on accuracy and reads.

If the Browns plan on letting him run and gunsling, he wont be long for the game imo. Its inevitable that he gets injured...

Have you watched Vick play?

Steps for MV7 reads:

1. First read
  2. Not open? Check down to HB (Shady and before him Warrick Dunn)
  3. HB not there? Run

Almost any QB is better than that

Vick's passing is underrated.

Everyone shits on it but he's managed: 20,000+ career yards, 120+ TDs, two 3,000+ seasons and two 20+ TD seasons, 80.6 career QB rating.

That's damn decent. Canziel won't come close to those numbers.

What I'm really looking forward to is the next two full years of non-stop Sportscenter coverage of every single thing he is doing or thinking, even if he doesn't get the starting job. I can't wait for the endless banter about his decision making, mechanics, intangibles, off-field stories, etc. It is going to be very Tebow-esque in the way he will take up at least 10 full minutes of every Sportscenter episode regardless of anything remotely interesting or noteworthy happening.

Vick's passing is underrated.

Everyone shits on it but he's managed: 20,000+ career yards, 120+ TDs, two 3,000+ seasons and two 20+ TD seasons, 80.6 career QB rating.

That's damn decent. Canziel won't come close to those numbers.

Watch Vick play more please. He would chuck that shit deep as Desean burned past everyone. Meanwhile in Atlanta he played the check down game/curl routes to tall WRs and hoping. I like Vick but he's not some special passer who made good reads or was ever accurate.

QB rating is greatly distorted by having a high YPA

He'll be a huge can.

Manziel completed 69% of his passes in college compared to Vick's 56%, and I'd bet he went downfield way more often boot. Not to mention he torched Alabama twice setting SEC passing records in both games. He's not the running threat Vick was (who is?), but he's light years better as a passer

And lol at acting like 2 20+ TD seasons in the NFL is something to brag about, cangratulations!

He has a lot of discrediters. With every fan comes 5 haters.

I don't think he will be injury prone, because he generally chose when t push the issue in college and when to hit to take hits. He's never going to do that in the NFL. He's really good at getting down when he wants to.

He plays at such an elevated speed anyways I don't think the NFL speed will be a factor. I think teaching him how to read better an take opportunities when they are their will be his learning curve.

Back