Real Pro Wrestling anyone?

Diligent

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hello. I was just wondering if anybody here ever got a chance to catch Real Pro Wrestling on TV. I think it was on the PAX channel or something... I went to the website and watched some of the videos on there, and it looks pretty awesome. Just a bunch of world class collegiate and olympic wrestlers competing... greatness. Anyone?

http://realprowrestling.com/

I only caught a couple episodes, it wasn't bad. But I don't know if it was good enough to be brought back for a second season.

They shopped the pilot around for about 2 years. I don't think enough was done to promote it otherwise it could have turned into being a viable alternative for wrestlers after they graduate outside of MMA or WWE.

I caught it once and thought it was pretty good but I haven't seen it on since then. That was a couple of months ago.

I saw maybe 2 or 3 episodes on PAX I think and it was a good watch but nothing that would get me to take time out of my day to make sure I saw it.

It was good but it just isn''t my thing. I'm a submission fighter . . . I just don't like seeing them wrestle for position but not go for subs. I know i know this isn't MMA/jiu jitsu, but that's the grappling I was brought up on.

Don't some of the gracie grandsons wrestle out of California? I thought I overheard this at a seminar...but Im not too sure about it.

ace98 said:
I only caught a couple episodes, it wasn't bad. But I don't know if it was good enough to be brought back for a second season.

WTF else is Pax gonna show? Mulletron being a doctor? Oh wait, they have done that.

doc1_small.jpg

b0b said:
WTF else is Pax gonna show? Mulletron being a doctor? Oh wait, they have done that.

Wtf why do you have an avatar and a custom title, did you do some special favors for a mod or somethin?

The second season is scheduled to start March 2006. A sports channel in europe is also airing european league matches.

Cormier smacking Rowland's ass was priceless. Also, I will tune in to whatever I have to so I can watch Joe Williams wrestle.

I'm thinking about buying the DVD of the first season, but something happened (technical problem) and it still has yet to go on sale...hopefully they will make it available soon. Thanks for the responses, guys.

RuleOfSteel2 said:
The second season is scheduled to start March 2006. A sports channel in europe is also airing european league matches.
sweeeet

lee.l. said:
Cormier smacking Rowland's ass was priceless. Also, I will tune in to whatever I have to so I can watch Joe Williams wrestle.
Dah! don't ruin it for me! I still haven't seen who won the finals! :D

TapOutGrapler said:
Don't some of the gracie grandsons wrestle out of California? I thought I overheard this at a seminar...but Im not too sure about it.

That would be interesting if a Gracie was wrestling at one of these events. The older generation do not look forward to losing, so I am curious to see how the youngsters handle it.

I thought it was good, any amateur wrestling on TV is a step in the right direction.

Back