Real or Fake Reyes?

H.White

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
s-l400 (1).jpgSorry for the poor quality, been looking for "new" second hand Reyes for a bit and this popped up. Its 12 oz and apparently used "twice". My concern is that the logos look kinda off to me...

What do you guys think? I'm no expert so I have 0 idea :( could use some expert opinions!

Cheers

My Cleto Reyes have a serial number and logo embossed in the leather and have a disclaimer tag on the inside of the glove. I'd ask for photos of the embossed serial number.

I can't tell if these are genuine or not, if they do have the embossing it won't guarantee that they are genuine, but it increases the odds.

Last edited:
I think they are fake. The weight tag for hook and loop Reyes should be attached to the side of the cuff, rather than at the bottom.

I think they are fake. The weight tag for hook and loop Reyes should be attached to the side of the cuff, rather than at the bottom.
10302-2.jpg

cleto reyes hasnt a pad palm side it is bad for kick boxing?

they could be older “distributed by ringside” reyes gloves which were slightly different from current mexican market gloves. I had a pair of those in black. they will have a tag saying “distributed by ringside” on the inside of the gloves and they will have a serial number on the cuff, underneath the strap, that you can contact reyes with to authenticate the gloves. the weight tag was in that placement on those gloves as opposed to on the strap like on the new style of gloves.

Thought this was a Dominick thread..sorry..

they could be older “distributed by ringside” reyes gloves which were slightly different from current mexican market gloves. I had a pair of those in black. they will have a tag saying “distributed by ringside” on the inside of the gloves and they will have a serial number on the cuff, underneath the strap, that you can contact reyes with to authenticate the gloves. the weight tag was in that placement on those gloves as opposed to on the strap like on the new style of gloves.
you can get those old Reyes which weren't "distributed by ringside" also

Back