Real Deal or New Vera

The HW division was a much different landscape than the current FW, but Eilers had just fought for a title and they were trying their hardest to push Mir back up to a title fight to unify the titles. Plus Vera was probably the smallest guy in the division at the time.

The whole UFC has improved. Vera was probably a top 5 striker in the whole organization then training under Rob Kamen, so its no surprise he got KOs.

Watch McGregor vs Brimage.

McGregor vs Holloway.

McGregor vs Brandao.

McGregor vs Poirier.

Come back and edit your post when you're done.

YEAH, and then apologize for what you said about my hero. Waaaahh!!

Oh, I saw the fights...and I saw plenty of openings were Siver can capitalize...

I regularly bet on MMA...win some, lose some...judging by your username/avatar, it's safe to say that part-time job at Quizno's doesn't leave much in your Spiderman Velcro Wallet for placing bets.

Care to enlighten everyone? All I could see is a fairly average clinch-wrestling with slow kickboxing with a TKD/Karate base.

Big fan of the ad hominem fallacy you seem to be. Might want to read up a bit.

Lawdy....25 posts a day.

A good majority of that was in the Jones PED Thread. Had to keep it constantly updated throughout, glad most of that has blown over. Thankfully was on a mini-vacation for that. Nabbed tons there justifiably or not. Didn't get much sleep. :D

Care to enlighten everyone? All I could see is a fairly average clinch-wrestling with slow kickboxing with a TKD/Karate base.

Big fan of the ad hominem fallacy you seem to be. Might want to read up a bit.

Conor's been tagged before while rushing in...if Siver catches him like a few others have, it could spell disaster for the Groundskeeper Willie Fan Club!

You happy?

Way too early to tell.

While a win over Siver would be decent, it doesn't do much to swing the argument either way.

He's definitely a hype train, no doubt.

Conor's been tagged before while rushing in...if Siver catches him like a few others have, it could spell disaster for the Groundskeeper Willie Fan Club!

You happy?

He got clean hit with maybe two shots in the Poirier fight, and one in the Brandao that I recall. None of the shots even wobbled him.

If you think that's convincing evidence, all the power tooya. I just don't see it. Siver will be hit by many more shots and picked apart on the outside. He has to hope to either Wall n stall, or get top control and hold him down.

Is Conor the real deal or will he become the new Brandon Vera?

MXE7S.gif

He got clean hit with maybe two shots in the Poirier fight, and one in the Brandao that I recall. None of the shots even wobbled him.

If you think that's convincing evidence, all the power tooya. I just don't see it. Siver will be hit by many more shots and picked apart on the outside. He has to hope to either Wall n stall, or get top control and hold him down.

"So you're telling me there's a chance!"

So, you recall 3 solid shots within those 2 fights...let's round it up and say 5 just to give Poirier and Brandao some credit...

A solid shot from Siver is not something most can handle...Conor is somewhat calculated, but that's pretty much null and void once you drop your guard and swing for a home run punch...that's exactly where Siver can, nay, WILL catch him.

Besides, haven't you ever seen Rocky? Take a break from the anime and watch some good old American classics movies!

"So you're telling me there's a chance!"

So, you recall 3 solid shots within those 2 fights...let's round it up and say 5 just to give Poirier and Brandao some credit...

A solid shot from Siver is not something most can handle...Conor is somewhat calculated, but that's pretty much null and void once you drop your guard and swing for a home run punch...that's exactly where Siver can, nay, WILL catch him.

Besides, haven't you ever seen Rocky? Take a break from the anime and watch some good old American classics movies!

We'll stick with 3. No need to round.

The last time Siver got a KO was over five years ago... His power is not something to be worried about anymore as recent history has shown us.

Once again, more ad hominem attacks. My avatar isn't even from an anime, but good attempt to discredit my position without good reason. It is from an old PS1 game way back in the day lol. Don't know why you think that's actually an intellectually honest way to approach a debate or discussion. :rolleyes:

We'll stick with 3. No need to round.

The last time Siver got a KO was over five years ago... His power is not something to be worried about anymore as recent history has shown us.

Once again, more ad hominem attacks. My avatar isn't even from an anime, but good attempt to discredit my position without good reason. It is from an old PS1 game way back in the day lol. Don't know why you think that's actually an intellectually honest way to approach a debate or discussion. :rolleyes:

You remind me of a child who learns a new word he really likes and loves to repeat...the word i'm referring to is "ad hominem". Stop it already. Please, stop. Stop.

You remind me of a child who learns a new word he really likes and loves to repeat...the word i'm referring to is "ad hominem". Stop it already. Please, stop. Stop.

Seeing as you avoided addressing the points and merely deflected again for the "to the man" fallacy I'll take the W. Good luck next time.

Seeing as you avoided addressing the points and merely deflected again for the "to the man" fallacy I'll take the W. Good luck next time.

Dude!? You just took my line ("I'll take the W")! I just used it in another post/thread!

Apparently, plagiarism isn't in your vocabulary!

Not Vera more Mike Swick

Dude!? You just took my line ("I'll take the W")! I just used it in another post/thread!

Apparently, plagiarism isn't in your vocabulary!

Do I care what you post? I don't follow individual people around here. Kinda creepy if you do, You seem quite invested if that's the case.

I'll say it differently then.

Seeing as you can't actually refute or debate logically the reasons for your weak opinion, you have conceded the arguments by resorting to name calling. Therefor, you concede your position. Hopefully that makes more sense to you.

On another note even if I did "steal" that line (which, I can't see too many people wanting to use much of your content), I don't see your copywritten claim or creative commons license to it. Nice try once again though. You're on a roll of making yourself look quite foolish.

Back