Real champions vs. "official" champions

So you're the supreme arbiter of reality, huh? Sorry to tell you OP, but @johncola is NOT the "real thing."

Look, at Lightweight at least I would agree. Khabib can't refuse a rematch for years and still hope to be considered a champion.
He can if McGregor isn't the legit number 1 contender. Beating Ceronne at WW is not remotely worthy of a title shot. He lost to Khabib and Tony is next in line. Gathje after that. Conor if he wants to be seriously considered from a "Merit" perspective and not the "Box Office" perspective needs to beat Dustin and Gathje or Tony (if he loses to Khabib) and Gathje to deserve it. The other option is to fight Khabib if Tony wins. But no title shot without 2 wins vs top LWs at LW.

He can if McGregor isn't the legit number 1 contender. Beating Ceronne at WW is not remotely worthy of a title shot. He lost to Khabib and Tony is next in line. Gathje after that. Conor if he wants to be seriously considered from a "Merit" perspective and not the "Box Office" perspective needs to beat Dustin and Gathje or Tony (if he loses to Khabib) and Gathje to deserve it. The other option is to fight Khabib if Tony wins. But no title shot without 2 wins vs top LWs at LW.

^ That's number 1 bullshit.

<GSPWoah>

<{nope}>

it wasnt goodbye, it was get well soon.

how fucking illiterate are you??
Sounded like a goodbye from me. Regardless, might as well have been... have you heard any arguments from him?

So you're the supreme arbiter of reality, huh? Sorry to tell you OP, but @johncola is NOT the "real thing."
There is no arbiter of reality.

But if you're asking whether the content I generously provided is factual, yes, it is. It's the real thing. I'm the real thing. They're the real champions.

Sounded like a goodbye from me. Regardless, might as well have been... have you heard any arguments from him?
Oh you are the one that said goodbye and left??

Oh you are the one that said goodbye and left??
typo.

Let's do a thread recap. I posted some news in the OP, which has thus far gone unrefuted. Meanwhile, multiple people got emotional, posted gifs, and called me names. Based on that, seems like the news is 100% accurate.

One says he's laughing, the other assures me that he's okay. But all I see is bitter and dishonest fans posting gifs because they have nothing to say.

What am I supposed to say? The op is entirely made up of your feelings. I prefer champions determined in the cage not in one delusional posters heart.

Some thread ideas should just remain in peoples heads, like buying a shirt that looked so great in the store but putting it on you see it f*king sucks....

How is Jones the true Heavyweight champ when he never fought at Heavyweight? How is Ngannou the true Heavyweight champ when Stipe beat Ngannou?
How is Conor the true Welterweight champ when he only fought 3 times at Welterweight and 2 out of those 3 times was against the same person?
How is Conor the true Lightweight champ when Khabib smashed Conor?
At least at Featherweight I can kind of see where you are coming from since Conor never lost the belt, but it's disrespectful to Alexander Volkanovski to assume that Conor would beat him just like that. And how do you know that Conor would even be able to make 145 at this point?
Uh as far as I know Henry hasn't fought Yan yet, so why don't we wait and see what happens if/when they do fight before we go around declaring Yan the new champ?
It's true that Henry hasn't lost the Flyweight belt in a fight, but it's disrespectful to both Benavidez and Figueiredo to assume that they would have no chance of beating Henry if they did fight him. Especially considering the fact that Benavidez beat Henry the last time they fought.
This thread is pure shit, tell me is this a troll thread or are you really this retarded?

giphy.gif
With your silly logic...

What am I supposed to say? The op is entirely made up of your feelings. I prefer champions determined in the cage not in one delusional posters heart.
The champions from the OP were determined in the cage. I care more about fights than titles and rankings and records.

Most of the time the delusional ones are the ones who get emotional and post gifs. Not the ones who back up everyhing they say. If I was delusional I'd be averse to an argument, trying to avoid it to preserve my delusion. But I'm all for arguments, always. You win or you learn. And I wanna learn. That isn't a sign of delusion.

Some thread ideas should just remain in peoples heads, like buying a shirt that looked so great in the store but putting it on you see it f*king sucks....
<{cruzshake}>

I'm gonna start just doing this from now on.

Nah, I think you're just trying to talk lineal champions. GSP looked bad against Bisping. No way he's either MW or WW champ. And I'm not convinced he can make LW. And even if he could, how would his old chin make it past Conor's left hand?

how could GSP look bad against bisping when he choked the life out of him?
conor made 170 the new LW so of course GSP can make it. conor got concussed by khabib and floyd midget maywether who are not known for their power. i think conor should be more worried about his chin

how could GSP look bad against bisping when he choked the life out of him?
conor made 170 the new LW so of course GSP can make it. conor got concussed by khabib and floyd midget maywether who are not known for their power. i think conor should be more worried about his chin
He didn't look like the GSP of old. Slower, striking not as sharp, less durable, gassing, takedowns there but not coming as easily. Which is to be expected, given his age and time out of the sport. He woulda lost to Bisping IMO had he not dropped him in that final round. I'm not denying GSP would be a threat to Conor on the feet, given that he's more powerful and a better striker than Khabib, and the threat of the takedown will be there. But Conor's left would undoubtedly be danger for GSP.

typo.

Let's do a thread recap. I posted some news in the OP, which has thus far gone unrefuted. Meanwhile, multiple people got emotional, posted gifs, and called me names. Based on that, seems like the news is 100% accurate.
Recap.

You posted and get upset when people call you out for being an idiot.

^ That's number 1 bullshit.
So if Conor doesn't fight anyone at LW and Khabib takes on Tony and then Gathje he isn't Champion? As long as other fighters are climbing the ranks and hit number 1 that is who Khabib should fight. Conor knows very well if you do not defend you lose your title but the real Number 1 Bullshit is Conor and his nuthugging fans thinking he is entitled to another title shot that he won't even defend if he were to win.

Well we could start at just looking at who the LW champ is, then we could look at Conor’s record at LW, then we could look at his last performance. That would be the criteria I would use. What criteria are you using that puts Conor at the top?

Apply the same for WW?
This discussion belongs in this thread.

We shouldn't look at who the LW champ is, because in this discussion, it means the same thing as "#1 LW". Thus, Conor is the LW champ, and thus the #1 LW. But I think you're talking about the champion written on the website, not the real champion. Yeah, we could just look at who the guy written on the website to determine who the best fighter is. It'd be a fairly accurate measurement, as the website fighters are often very good. However I prefer to pay more attention to detail, and look at fighters' skills and styles and how they match up with each other. And to do that, yes, we should look at Conor's last performance. We should look at all his performances, and consider each with the context in which it belongs. Conor's stock no doubt dipped after the Poirier loss, but I still think he's the best. He beats Poirier, Khabib, and any other LW that comes to mind, most of the time. The Poirier loss makes me wonder whether he's on the decline though, with age and a lack of hunger as potential issues. Time will tell.

This discussion belongs in this thread.

We shouldn't look at who the LW champ is, because in this discussion, it means the same thing as "#1 LW". Thus, Conor is the LW champ, and thus the #1 LW. But I think you're talking about the champion written on the website, not the real champion. Yeah, we could just look at who the guy written on the website to determine who the best fighter is. It'd be a fairly accurate measurement, as the website fighters are often very good. However I prefer to pay more attention to detail, and look at fighters' skills and styles and how they match up with each other. And to do that, yes, we should look at Conor's last performance. We should look at all his performances, and consider each with the context in which it belongs. Conor's stock no doubt dipped after the Poirier loss, but I still think he's the best. He beats Poirier, Khabib, and any other LW that comes to mind, most of the time. The Poirier loss makes me wonder whether he's on the decline though, with age and a lack of hunger as potential issues. Time will tell.
I’m not sure if this is just me but this doesn’t make any sense? We shouldn’t look at the LW champ because it’s the same as #1 LW thus Conor is number 1? How did you get there?

And I’m talking about the ‘real’ champion, there is no such thing as not a real champion.

So what it boils down to is your opinion. You just think Conor is number 1. Despite him getting decisively beat by the real champion and then getting finished by Dustin, you think he’s better than them both because you like Conor? And how do you come to the conclusion that he beats them most of the time? They had an actual fight and Conor lost both.

In a nutshell, it’s your opinion. I think it’s a crazy one with no factual basis but fair enough.

Back