Ready To Drink Protein Shakes From Cola Cola?

massive price increase on whey?

that would suck if it happens but I'll stay skeptical till it does. What will really blow is that every d-bag in every gym will be getting pumped on 30g of sugar with their 30 g of protein before and after building gunz, from the good ol' people of coke/pepsi diabete's inc. LLC esquire

Somehow, I don't believe that this won't change much. Whey is still a niche market and people just don't like the taste. I don't expect people to chug some while eating their burger and fries.

It's not that there will be consumer demand. They've established there is a market already, as such they are already mass producing a product. If they're buying up resources to put in their product it inevitably increases the cost to produce for their competitors.

It's weird, they could put a great tasting product, no sugar, good quality. I'd still not buy it based on the fact they're responsible for producing Satan in a can as their primary products.

But I've spoken to a few people (store owners and 1 small Australian company that basically re-packages and sells a Whey product here) recently who claim prices are set to increase due to the above.

or....... pepsi/coke will be forced to produce so much more whey that they will setup a worldwide network of factories that mass produce it to be able to meet their own demand and keep the price low. Then they sell it to all the other shady supplement companies so it drives the price down.

That scenario is just as likely as the one presented to you buy the supplement store owners looking to jack their whey price.

Who knows, doubt the price will change much though.

The problem is whey is a byproduct of cheese/dairy and the dairy producers arent going to start manufacturing more cheese to get more byproduct- whey protein.

500 million pounds was what Coke essentially bought up when it made it's move. Their product will fail you'd imagine, I mean I won't buy it, nobody here will, those that do will be the new years resolution gym memberships used 2 of 12 months types.

But by the time they fail, the damage will be done.

The larger protein companies should not be affected current supply contracts come up for renewal. But who knows when this is.

The bottom end of the whey protein concentrate market will have no choice (I think this includes companies producing baby formula). But what company is going to see the bottom end of the bell curve shift forwards and not take advantage of that.

Anyways, I have had far too much time on this business trip to read and discuss this subject in particular.

I see you've put more into it than just I heard this and that which is what I was assuming.

I do think that lots of people will drink it. Stupid people who fall for marketing far outweigh people who think logically about their nutrition.

The amount of people in the gyms I go to that always ask "hey, I want to lose 20 lbs by next friday, what is the best fat burner/ insert retarded nos crappy shit here" is god damn scary.

I'm honestly not sure how well this will play out. I worked for Pepsi for a few years while I was in college. I'm not sure how many people here are familiar with the product "Muscle Milk." I believe it is produced by an independent company but depending on the market area, it is distributed by Pepsi, Coca-Cola, 7-Up and even private beer distributors. And I can tell you from experience, that shit is nasty and does not sell.

Point is, both companies have been in the game at least 5 years.

massive price increase on whey?

that would suck if it happens but I'll stay skeptical till it does. What will really blow is that every d-bag in every gym will be getting pumped on 30g of sugar with their 30 g of protein before and after building gunz, from the good ol' people of coke/pepsi diabete's inc. LLC esquire

check this out and believe it. it comes from the owner of trueprotein who is very much in the business of buying whey

levantar guys posted something about this on facebook .... apparently this move by pepsi/coke dried up the whey market and there was a forecasted increase in price

i also see the fallout of this being that companies raise their prices during the shortage and then don't drop them when the shortage is over leading to just overall increased prices on whey in general

i see pepsi & coca cola buying out an existing company & keeping it on the down low. they know that their target market knows what's up. ON tubs with the signature coca cola "curve" would be a bad sign.

Back