reading with ur ears vs reading with ru eyes

IloveTHIS

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
which one do you think allows you to retain information more easy and quicker? is it ur personal preference or have they done studies to show a clear winner?

Also, for those of you who haven't spent much time in the south, "more easy and quicker" is how you order a hooker at a Waffle House.

I'll read you with my ears, TS

Is this a roundabout way of asking whether we prefer good old fashioned reading to audiobooks? If so, then my answer is a resounding yes. I just can't do audiobooks. The narrator's voice takes me right out of the story for some reason. Especially if it's a recognizable actor. The only voice that I want to hear when reading a novel is my own inner voice.

That's called listening.

FUCK!
<{anton}>

TS has a point tho.
Abe Lincoln, iirc, read aloud in his school days. When asked why he did that, he said it helped him learn and remember better, because he "read and memorized" with both his eyes and ears when reading aloud.

<{anton}>

TS has a point tho.
Abe Lincoln, iirc, read aloud in his school days. When asked why he did that, he said it helped him learn and remember better, because he "read and memorized" with both his eyes and ears when reading aloud.
So he was a tall ugly kid who would read everything aloud? No wonder he had to learn how to wrestle.

So he was a tall ugly kid who would read everything aloud? No wonder he had to learn how to wrestle.
I can't make a judgement upon his ugliness/attractiveness, as I'm no "male attractiveness" expert.

Butt, wrestling is usually good as physical exercise.

Is this a roundabout way of asking whether we prefer good old fashioned reading to audiobooks? If so, then my answer is a resounding yes. I just can't do audiobooks. The narrator's voice takes me right out of the story for some reason. Especially if it's a recognizable actor. The only voice that I want to hear when reading a novel is my own inner voice.

I kind of agree, I mostly prefer reading..but, if you catch the right guy doing the voice work, it can be enjoyable, especially on long road trips..

Back