Reading Nietzsche here is what I think

O

Overtures

I liked the Genealogy of Morality.

Currently reading Beyond Good and Evil. Feels insignificant. He just blathers on about how much he doesn't like other philosophers because they seemingly set out to pursue knowledge but rather used knowledge in the service of their latent moral assumptions.

That's decent, I guess. But everything he says just folds in on itself because there's no discipline to his writing. He's just gushing over with annoyances that are petty.

Seems to me that he's overrated by fan boys.

He's very overrated by edgy fanboys who want to be nihilist.

If you read all his work in chronological order you can try and pinpoint the exact moment the syphilis rots his mind.n

Nietzsche was focused on the purely human experience . As he saw it as greater than the morality proclaimed by Platonism and Christianity. He was a man obsessed with his time and concerned about the tacid acceptance of banality mistaken for morality. He saw human excellence as a morality in and of itself, and therefore he can be hard for modern moral interpretativists to understand. Morality in the Platonic or Christian sense meant as much to him as human excellence.

Last edited:
Sounds worthless to me.

You can get all of that in a paragraph from some good literature here and there.

I don't deny that he is obsolete in many ways. But his adherence to morality minus a divine source has to give pause.
Sounds worthless to me.

You can get all of that in a paragraph from some good literature here and there.

Ah we have philosphical genious here do we ? If you were 10% his power you would be beast.. But alas your just a mere mortal with shit for brains .. Maybe thats a little harsh.. But in intellectually levels its probably pretty close.. As i am .. Shit for brains that is .. It always amazes me that prolls can have such an ego they can criticize such tour de force thinkers ..

You try thinking orginally like these guys .. Try it and fucking fail ..

Ah we have philosphical genious here do we ? If you were 10% his power you would be beast.. But alas your just a mere mortal with shit for brains .. Maybe thats a little harsh.. But in intellectually levels its probably pretty close.. As i am .. Shit for brains that is .. It always amazes me that prolls can have such an ego they can criticize such tour de force thinkers ..

So we're not allowed to question his ideas? Sounds un-philosophical.

I believe in God, abhor nihilism, and I like reading Nietzsche. He was bold and didn't pull any punches. His Amor Fati aligns with my bitchass stoicism.
But he's no Carl Jung!

Psychology is still 50% quackery, though.

He had his flaws but I wish I had even an Iota of his capacity for delusion. It takes someone of unrelenting denial of self to not realize that criticizing one of the great minds of western civilization does not reflect upon themselves. Niche is one of the great existential philosophers, and is almost unparalleled when it comes to the critique of modern society

He's very overrated by edgy fanboys who want to be nihilist.
I have not read Nietzsche, but wasn’t his Supermen philosophy much about building a bridge over nihilism after the religious and autoritarian moral structures were abandoned?

Last edited:
fullwidth.d7aef6fe.jpg

I think Nietzsche is brilliant, although there is a lot of stuff in his writings i don't find interesting and rather vague. I think his ideas on the concept of the ubermensch and his insights on human behavior and motives were groundbreaking.I don't see how people associate him with nihilism, for me it's the opposite.

I would advice people who are interested in Nietzsche not to start with his own writings. I think the lecture series by Robert C. Solomon and Kathleen Higgins does a great job of explaining the ideas of Nietzsche in a structured and succinct way. Maybe read one of the good biographies on him and then begin to read his original work.

I think a lot of guys just like saying "I was reading Nietzsche, and......"

kramer.gif

He's not coherent as a savior or role model, but he had some interesting insights sometimes

Not my favorite but still worth having around, like the contortionist circus guy at a party

Last edited:
I have not read Nietzsche, but wasn’t his Supermen philosophy much about building a bridge over nihilism after the religious and autoritarian moral structures were abandoned?

Nietzsche ain't a nihilist you kooks.

I agree, I personally think Nietzsche can (and should) be read as life affirming. You choose your own meaning in a world where nothing else is demanding anything of you. Unfortunately a lot of people of people jump on 'God is dead' and nihilism and think that's all there is.

Currently reading Beyond Good and Evil. Feels insignificant. He just blathers on about how much he doesn't like other philosophers because they seemingly set out to pursue knowledge but rather used knowledge in the service of their latent moral assumptions.

That's decent, I guess. But everything he says just folds in on itself because there's no discipline to his writing. He's just gushing over with annoyances that are petty.

Nietzsche is pretty important in the genealogy of philosophy. He’s a pretty significant fellow and influenced folks like Heidegger pretty thoroughly.

Check out commentary by Kauffman and Richardson.

What most people know about Nietzsche is some truncated version of the antichrist... which is actually terrible.

Oh, also, for an easy book, check out “Nietzsche’s Pious Idea”

He was one of the worlds first trolls.

Back