Social Reading John Bolton's wikipedia page... this guy is like a movie villain wtf

He's just a caricature version of pretty much everybody else out there in the U.S. government, for the past 50 years or so.

The rest believe many of the same things, but wouldn't be as "bold" in stating them outright, as this probably wouldn't make them too popular among the public.

Bolton doesn't give a fuck though. He knows what he is. He knows that he'll always hang around because he has a purpose to a lot of people.

56c.gif

One of the many reasons why Trump is full of shit. He talks the talk against the Bush war machine during the primaries, then hires them in his own administration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bolton

He's literally pushing for war in every area of the world and is openly imperialistic.

How the fuck is this guy taken seriously and still allowed in powerful circles?

His entire life is literally dedicated to war-mongering.
Wait until you read about Elliott Abrams. Remember how great safe and stable the US made South and Central America during the Reagan years and the decades that followed? Well, Trump hired that guy to handle Venezuela.

Thread is on point. This guy is such a POS, and it’s unbelievable that he kept getting appointed. On any given decision you never needed him present, you could just ask ‘what would be the shittiest parody of belligerent hyper militaristic conservative American aggression,’ and that’s exactly what Bolton would have advised you to do.

Fuck that guy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bolton

He's literally pushing for war in every area of the world and is openly imperialistic.

How the fuck is this guy taken seriously and still allowed in powerful circles?

His entire life is literally dedicated to war-mongering.

In fairness if he were a brilliant imperial strategist that would be understandable. Like Soleiman, who we assassinated yesterday. I get why you might want some Machiavellian wizard of foreign policy.

But that’s not Bolton. He’s no wizard, he’s just a cartoon printout of American anger and blind Israel support.

WAR Bolton! It's not a saying.

He's a war monger. He's good to have around to keep our opposition in check, but not to act on his over zealous desires for war.

As long as there are millions of ignorant, brainwashed, Homer Simpson-like nationalists willing to buy into the old, fallacious narrative of “SuPPoRt our TrOOpz” “TheY FighTiNg 4 ouR frEEdOmZ”, people like Bolton will have an active voice in government.

When people realize every single war in History has consisted of old men sending young men to die for their own ambitions, glory and bigotry, vultures like these will disappear.

Except Nationalists hate the man and Globalists love him

Cunt should be buried in concrete 10 foot deep.

Has no alliance other than to perpetual war on behalf of Israel, the MIC, and the Rapture.
Look at you reaching for your machete you mentally ill loser

Except Nationalists hate the man and Globalists love him
That doesn’t make sense. Market globalism would require less conflict. Nationalism would more likely push for conquest of your nation over others.

Unless you’re just using it as a nonsensical antisemitic dog whistle, which is common as well.

Zionism is a nationalistic movement, btw.

That doesn’t make sense. Market globalism would require less conflict. Nationalism would more likely push for conquest of your nation over others.

Unless you’re just using it as a nonsensical antisemitic dog whistle, which is common as well.

Zionism is a nationalistic movement, btw.

Market globalism requires all the countries in the world to be in the same market, in order to be effective.

Nationalism is just about people trying to preserve what's theirs, to not be fucked over when dealing with others. Such as by a global world order which imposes rules and standards which are contrary to the nation's conscience. The reason why this has sometimes led to conflict is because a lot of nationalities (Palestinians, Kurds for example), reside under the rule of another.

Do you think it was nationalists who started the bombing in, let's say, Libya for example? Was it nationalists who got pissed off by Saddam Hussein controlling Iraq's oil? Does a nationalist really give a shit if a country like North Korea is "open to the world" or not?

American expansionism has always been about opening the rest of the world up to trade, under their rules. It has never really been about a bunch of dudes trying to "conquer" somebody else. They don't give a shit about conquering Iran or Iraq or whatever, they just want to install a leadership which will be open for business to American corporations. This, they believe, also benefits their people materially (which I suppose has been proven in South Korea-North Korea scenarios).

Last edited:
Market globalism requires all the countries in the world to be in the same market, in order to be effective.

Nationalism is just about people trying to preserve what's theirs, to not be fucked over when dealing with others. Such as by a global world order which imposes rules and standards which are contrary to the nation's conscience.

Do you think it was nationalists who started the bombing in, let's say, Libya for example? Was it nationalists who got pissed off by Saddam Hussein controlling Iraq's oil? Does a nationalist really give a shit if a country like North Korea is "open to the world" or not?

American expansionism has always been about opening the rest of the world up to trade, under their rules. It has never really been about a bunch of dudes trying to "conquer" somebody else. They don't give a shit about conquering Iran or Iraq or whatever, they just want to install a leadership which will be open for business to American corporations.
Sure sounds like you’re describing American national interests rather than global interests to me. Yes it was absolutely American nationalists who gave a shit about Saddam’s control of Iraqi oil. They sure did wave the American flag a lot. I find nationalism rarely coincides with isolationism in reality.

Now tell me, since zionists are the outside influence on Bolton, is Zionism a nationalist or globalist movement?

Edit: I also disagree that market globalism requires every country in the world to be in the same market to be effective. I think it’s been effective for centuries even when small portions of the globe participated. It’s been effective since BCE.

Edit 2: When you talk about “a global world order which imposes rules and standards which are contrary to the nation's conscience” it sounds like you’re referring to political globalization which is basically a joke and has no power. The UN isn’t taking over the world any time soon. It has nothing to do with market globalization.

Last edited:
Sure sounds like you’re describing American national interests rather than global interests to me.

Now tell me, since zionists are the outside influence on Bolton, is Zionism a nationalist or globalist movement?

It differed originally from many of the other nationalist movements, in the sense that Zionists were spread around the world, and did not actually possess a homeland of their own, but required unilateral support from powerful nations in order to actually be granted such a land (not to mention the required assistance to actually defend it). As such, they contributed greatly to the founding of these sorts of "international constructs", as we know them today, in order to, for example, protect Jewish minorities from persecution.

The great contradiction is that the latter stage of Zionism, atleast at the hands of men like Netanyahu, has come to consider Israel to reside above any of such common international rules and standards, which originally aided in its foundation, and the defense of Jewish minorities against majority persecution.

In the Israeli context, I would regard the Palestinians to represent a proper "national struggle", more so than Israel's government. Much like, for example, during WW1, the Serbs represented a "nationalistic struggle" against Austro-Hungarian Empire. When large countries speak of the "dangers of nationalism", they usually refer to movements such as the Basques, Kurds, Palestinians, Kosovo, separating from the state, rather than they themselves exerting their own power over another.

You could consider Zionism to be a nationalist movement, for sure, but this would ignore the aspect of many prominent Zionists operating "globally", with the movement's success having occurred on a "global scale", rather than within their respective national structures. It required more than just a people fighting over their homeland, to see their will through.

It differed originally from many of the other nationalist movements, in the sense that Zionists were spread around the world, and did not actually possess a homeland of their own, but required unilateral support from powerful nations in order to actually be granted such a land (not to mention the required assistance to actually defend it). As such, they contributed greatly to the founding of these sorts of "international constructs", as we know them today, in order to, for example, protect Jewish minorities from persecution.

The great contradiction is that the latter stage of Zionism, atleast at the hands of men like Netanyahu, has come to consider Israel to reside above any of such common international rules and standards, which originally aided in its foundation, and the defense of Jewish minorities against majority persecution.

In the Israeli context, I would regard the Palestinians to represent a proper "national struggle", more so than Israel's government. Much like, for example, during WW1, the Serbs represented a "nationalistic struggle" against Austro-Hungarian Empire. When large countries speak of the "dangers of nationalism", they usually refer to movements such as the Basques, Kurds, Palestinians, Kosovo, separating from the state, rather than they themselves exerting their own power over another.

You could consider Zionism to be a nationalist movement, for sure, but this would ignore the aspect of many prominent Zionists operating "globally", with the movement's success having occurred on a "global scale", rather than within their respective national structures. It required more than just a people fighting over their homeland, to see their will through.
Common international rules and standards is a hallmark of globalism and not nationalism, no? Wouldn’t a nationalist be much more likely to consider themselves above such norms or standards?

Any separatist nationalist movement, whether it be Palestinian, Irish, Basque, etc. has relied on international support as well. That’s not unique to Israel. America had the French. Sometimes it’s outright foreign invasion like in Crimea. Wouldn’t the ethnic Russian separatists in Crimea be nationalists? The nationalist is not always “the little guy.”

edit: btw I don’t think nationalism is an inherently bad thing, but I just don’t think globalism is either. And I think globalism is a term that recently seems to be misused constantly. I think of the two as complementary opposites. The world needs both to function.

edit2: and sorry about all the edits! My attention is divided right now haha. Cheers.

Last edited:
Back