Read this if you are depressed and having a rough go of life

catchwrestle1

︻デ═一 - - - - - - - - - - - >
Banned
Reaction score
Because I was having one.. for a long time.

But by staying somewhat positive, I finally got a grip on things and got extremely lucky and hired at an insanely nice company... tomorrow there is a MANDATORY pool party where we get paid $15 an hour for 4 hours to show up and drink alcohol and have fun.

The money is way, way better than they presented it as being in the interview process.. there is a pool table / ping pong table in the lobby, ect. They buy lunch for us an average of 3x a week.

After bodybuilding so long and using supplements I had destroyed my thyroid gland, so my doctor got me on Cytomel at a high dose and I've finally got some energy back and somehow I've managed to retain my muscle by working out 2x a week during the past year. Then I got the break and was able to get hired.

Lucky enough to be with someone who supported my lazy ass during my unemployment streak (which was seriously lengthy, like almost 9 months) and believed in me, and had my family help me a few times as embarrassing as it may be.

So if you are in that shit period like I was, see if you have a physical problem that is keeping you down, and fix it. Stay positive if you can and try to be with someone who recognizes your strengths and knows you have value.

If I was able to work my way out of that patch then anybody else on the planet can do it. I got my confidence back and started applying for jobs on craigslist and in person, and BAM. Just got super lucky that this company liked how my voice sounded on the phone, because that's my job mainly. Been there for a while now and I'm almost able to finally move into my first home.

But this thread isn't meant to be about me, I detailed my situation to help those who may be down see how quickly things can change for the better.

Any similar stories of encouragement are welcome. Best of luck to anyone in a rough spot, your lucky break will come if you put yourself in a position to allow it!

I'm gonna stay stuck in my funk till shit gets better, I'm fine with that.

Glad to see you're kicking ass TS!

What exactly did you do with your diet to destroy your thyroid?

I was stuck in a nightmare job for 3 years that almost killed me. It consumed my life and no matter what I did, I couldn't get out. I was very likely working in something illegal. I knew something was up, but had to pay the bills and couldn't find anything else. I started to have serious stress issues and was falling apart. I was finally able to leave for another company, but that job turned out to be just as bad (but in different ways). The person I was hired to replace ended up NOT leaving, and I was let go after a few months. The dickhead lured me away from the first job, only for it to turn out to be nonsense. I was completely devastated and was unemployed for five months. I ended up turning things around and ended up landing my dream job. I got a $20k raise, Cadillac benefits, and everything else I could ask for. I am so fucking excited to go into work every Monday.

Glad to see you're kicking ass TS!

What exactly did you do with your diet to destroy your thyroid?

Thanks man XD

It wasn't a diet per say, it was abuse of T3 at high amounts to keep bodyfat extremely low before bodybuilding competitions. I was young and stupid and even though I knew it could cause permanent thyroid issues I didn't think anything of it. So be careful if you ever use it, use it wisely and sparingly!

I was stuck in a nightmare job for 3 years that almost killed me. It consumed my life and no matter what I did, I couldn't get out. I started to have serious stress issues and was falling apart. I was finally able to leave for another company, but that job turned out to be just as bad (but in different ways). The person I was hired to replace ended up NOT leaving, and I was let go after a few months. The dickhead lured me away from the first job, only for it to turn out to be nonsense. I was completely devastated and was unemployed for five months. I ended up turning things around and ended up landing my dream job. I got a $20k raise, Cadillac benefits, and everything else I could ask for. I am so fucking excited to go into work every Monday.

That's great to hear man, exactly what I love to hear. You had that rough patch but look at where you eventually ended up... congrats bro. Cadillac benefits!!! I need some of that lol

I've been experiencing deep on and off depression etc for a few years now. I've tried to end it a few times, but never could go through with it. It's on my mind everyday.

I've begun to slowly, but surely find my way out of my physical and mental struggles. But I've found it to be the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with in my life. Problem is, I don't look at the world the way I used too(in a very bad way), so it's made it really hard.

I'm not going to get too in depth, but it's been quite the terrible experience to say the least. Either way, I somehow manage to feel as positive as I can everyday. I think I'm beginning too, once again find my way out of it.

Glad to hear about your positive, inspirational and motivating story TS.

Wish the best.

I suffer from depression and attempted suicide almost 6 years ago but I was found and stopped. Haven't tried again since. There's always something to look forward to.

This.

As a fight fan, there's always something good to look forward too.

Plus my friends, my family, my music, my guitars... I couldn't leave them.

Couple months ago my health was failing. I pretty much went from a robust, vibrant, confident, strong individual to a weak, depressed, border line mentally illed person in just matter of months. Went from healthy 170 pounds to 130 lol....

It got so bad to where all I could keep thinking about at one point was death. Kept thinking when will my life end, because I'd rather be 6 feet under than live through this hell. If that's not considered being mentally ill, i dont know what is.

The saying, for every dark night there is a bright day, this is very true even though it sounds cliche as fuck. Never give up, no matter where you are in your fight, if are you persistent and tell your mind you can do it, you will succeed. Most people don't realize when you hit rock bottom, thats when you truly realize if your life is worth it. Is your life worth saving, or do you just want to wither away and die, and no one can make that dec for you only you can

Couple months ago my health was failing. I pretty much went from a robust, vibrant, confident, strong individual to a weak, depressed, border line mentally illed person in just matter of months. Went from healthy 170 pounds to 130 lol....

It got so bad to where all I could keep thinking about at one point was death. Kept thinking when will my life end, because I'd rather be 6 feet under than live through this hell. If that's not considered being mentally ill, i dont know what is.

The saying, for every dark night there is a bright day, this is very true even though it sounds cliche as fuck. Never give up, no matter where you are in your fight, if are you persistent and tell your mind you can do it, you will succeed. Most people don't realize when you hit rock bottom, thats when you truly realize if your life is worth it. Is your life worth saving, or do you just want to wither away and die, and no one can make that dec for you only you can

Hope your health has improved man!

And AMEN

I have been depresed so bad this past few months 5 months of ranting and screaming my jon is not really that bad but day after day it feels more dificult to the point that I am making mistake after mistake and the clients are getting mad. Tomorrow I will see a doctor

I was soul crushed by a high pressure job. I just started a new one. I'm putting no pressure on myself...Ill do my best but I'm not making myself a basket case. I surround myself with my family, workout, drink on weekends, and plan things to look forward to....keep your heads up.

Fuck that, you're all Sherbros and we are a powerful race of neckbearded internet warriors.

I love all of yous and I've been trough depression my damn self. It can be terrible and it's so common that many people think it is bs when they hear it. Whatever you do don't suffer alone and don't be too proud to accept help. We can all make it and feel good about who we are. It is just a process.

TS, good on you I hope your story can inspire others on this site to keep their heads up when times are bleak.

Had just about the worst day of my life today and now bracing for a rough period to come, so it's nice to hear there's a light at the end of some tunnels. Thanks TS.

I was stuck in a nightmare job for 3 years that almost killed me. It consumed my life and no matter what I did, I couldn't get out. I was very likely working in something illegal. I knew something was up, but had to pay the bills and couldn't find anything else. I started to have serious stress issues and was falling apart. I was finally able to leave for another company, but that job turned out to be just as bad (but in different ways). The person I was hired to replace ended up NOT leaving, and I was let go after a few months. The dickhead lured me away from the first job, only for it to turn out to be nonsense. I was completely devastated and was unemployed for five months. I ended up turning things around and ended up landing my dream job. I got a $20k raise, Cadillac benefits, and everything else I could ask for. I am so fucking excited to go into work every Monday.

Right on man.

I've had a similar incident happen. But luckily god saved my ass. I'm working where I'm at till I get where I want to go.

When you say supplements. Do you mean the actual supplements from GNC or supplements as in PED, TRT, HGH, ect?

Back