Read the Fine Print to Know What a Biden Presidency Brings

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
Ahahahhahahahahah. You guys are so lost. Its really precious when you try and pretend you know what words mean.

Can you explain to me how postmodern views of equality are "oppressor vs oppressed"?
if you can’t see how postmodern theory has founded a lot of the anti-science, anti-ethics culture of the radical left I don’t know what to tell you. Joe Biden may have been centrist a while back, but he is creeping towards progressive and in some cases radical progressive.

Edit: and oppressor vs oppressed is part of the moral relativism that is wound up in post modern thought. Basically gives carte Blanche to anyone to claim an oppressive environment and dismantle it.

if you can’t see how postmodern theory has founded a lot of the anti-science, anti-ethics culture of the radical left I don’t know what to tell you. Joe Biden may have been centrist a while back, but he is creeping towards progressive and in some cases radical progressive.
Nice attempt to side skirt my question with fluff word-salad attempts to act like you know what you're talking about. You've been caught red-handed using a word that you don't know the meaning of. So, explain -

Can you explain to me how postmodern views of equality are "oppressor vs oppressed"?

Break down how post modern philosophy leads to this view.

It'll be nice with boring, useless Joe in office. Much calmer and quieter times for four years. We need that right about now.
Trump can't control how much the protesters, rioters and media complain about him.

I don't think Biden has the gumption to do anything useful. If the GOP still controls the senate while he's in office, he won't tear anything to shreds.

And lol at AOC, she's a nobody and half of her own party thinks she's a nobody. Even a moderate like Joe won't entertain her bullshit.

Now like @Social Distance Warrior said above, the biggest decision Joe will make is who he selects for VP. If he croaks while he's in office... then we could be in for an interesting ride.

**like. not because of yoru response, but because of your avatar. e

Of course it's not their own wealth that they'd like suppressed, just yours.

Neither wealth nor opportunities. You think if Biden is able to implement his 'racial equity agenda' his son Hunter, John Kerry's stepson, Chelsea Clinton, and Nancy Pelosi's daughter will have trouble finding high paying jobs?

Nice attempt to side skirt my question with fluff word-salad attempts to act like you know what you're talking about. You've been caught red-handed using a word that you don't know the meaning of. So, explain -

Break down how post modern philosophy leads to this view.
Oh don’t give me that high horse stance. Philosophy is not just a field for the arrogant and pseudo confident.

So all I see is a bunch of pandering blah blah blah. Big deal.

I hope a Biden Presidency brings not much at all other than the extreme opposite of Trump in regards to the way he conducts himself in office. No more non stop crying from the media, no more people losing their minds on social media... no more reporters crying foul. It's all so very annoying to hear every day.. the horseshit spewing from Trump's mouth and the people complaining about it every day.

It'll be nice with boring, useless Joe in office. Much calmer and quieter times for four years. We need that right about now.

Do you expect Joe to finish all 4 years or does Kamala finish his term?

Oh don’t give me that high horse stance. Philosophy is not just a field for the arrogant and pseudo confident.
Asking you to use logic and substantiate your claim is "high horse crap"?

What you are doing right now, is the equivalent of me saying something like...

"You conservatives, always pushing for more and more government, taxes, and regulations!!"
Then someone saying
"Uhh..? What? Do you even know what conservative means? What is the connection between conservatism, and wanting high taxes and more regulations?"
"Oh don't give me that high horse crap!!!"

You're using a word that you don't know the meaning of. Its okay.

Do you expect Joe to finish all 4 years or does Kamala finish his term?
I think there's a really good chance he doesn't finish his term.

In the meantime, he'll be the Do Nothing President 2.0

Being afraid of Joe Biden as a radical liberal? were though the looking glass now.

Joe is obviously being handled these days and will do what the party wants. Why else pick a VP that suggested he's a racist when there are more qualified black females in contention for the spot?

Asking you to use logic and substantiate your claim is "high horse crap"?

What you are doing right now, is the equivalent of me saying something like...

"You conservatives, always pushing for more and more government, taxes, and regulations!!"
Then someone saying
"Uhh..? What? Do you even know what conservative means? What is the connection between conservatism, and wanting high taxes and more regulations?"
"Oh don't give me that high horse crap!!!"

You're using a word that you don't know the meaning of. Its okay.
No...it’s not that simple. Postmodernism absolutely has taken the ol’ Marxist playbook of oppressor vs oppressed and ran with it.

if you would like to explain how postmodernism has NOTHING to do with Marxism or oppressor vs oppressed ideology go ahead.

Anti-Enlightenment era thinking. Scientific skepticism, moral relativism, anti-reason, anti-logic, anti-rule of law, identity politics, intersectionality, fuckin ‘gender studies, Marxism, BLM. Ie. leftist fucking nonsense
“Demon sperm doctor”

No...it’s not that simple. Postmodernism absolutely has taken the ol’ Marxist playbook of oppressor vs oppressed and ran with it.

if you would like to explain how postmodernism has NOTHING to do with Marxism or oppressor vs oppressed ideology go ahead.
Yes, it is that simple. You're using a word that you don't know the meaning of and in doing so not recognizing the direct and obvious contradiction in your use of the word in this context.

Thanks for asking for the explanation, I'll take this opportunity to do so. I am not a post-modernist myself, and this is not a defense of post-modernism, but since I actually know what the fuck I'm talking about I'll use this opportunity to provide some illumination instead of letting people butcher the use of language.

Post-modernism is not a political ideology, and it is not just one 'thing'. It is an umbrella term, under which many views and ideologies sit beneath. It is a lens through which to see the world, like modernism.

That being said, there are some connecting ideas and themes that can be attributed to all realms of post modern thinking. The main themes and ideas are this - there is no "objective" reality that can actually be understood. Virtually everything is an issue of perspective, and there are no grand narratives in history. Everything boiling down to 'oppressor vs oppressed' is a grand narrative, and is in direct contradiction to post-modern theory.

I hope that helped. If you want to use the term "Marxist", fine. Marxism is still much more complicated for your reactionary smooth brains to ever fully grasp - but if you want to accuse the left of using a "Marxist, oppressor vs oppressed" ideology, that would be much more accurate than calling them post-modernists. You might as well say "the left are using an Existentialist oppressor vs oppressed ideology!!!" Both are equally wrong and equally disconnected from the actual meaning of those words and ideologies.

Edit: and oppressor vs oppressed is part of the moral relativism that is wound up in post modern thought. Basically gives carte Blanche to anyone to claim an oppressive environment and dismantle it.

Seriously, stop using boogeyman scare terms (like “postmodern”) and say what you want to say simply and directly. Right now it sure looks like you don’t know what you’re talking about.

ive always been very confused by the view that progressive activists are moral relativists. I mean, they aren’t out in the streets protesting because they want you to accept that there is no foundational Truth. They’re protesting because they want to be treated with a basic level of decency that has been denied them for years. The golden rule is about as foundational a rule to live by as anything we’ve got...

The biggest giveaway in any identity politics argument is when they start talking about "closing the wealth gap". The easiest way to achieve that is to suppress the higher group, because of course if you help both groups and both improve, that still didn't close the gap, and in fact it widens if you double everybody's wealth. Of course it's not their own wealth that they'd like suppressed, just yours.

So what is the solution? How do you propose dealing with the wealth inequality?

Seriously, stop using boogeyman scare terms (like “postmodern”) and say what you want to say simply and directly. Right now it sure looks like you don’t know what you’re talking about.

ive always been very confused by the view that progressive activists are moral relativists. I mean, they aren’t out in the streets protesting because they want you to accept that there is no foundational Truth. They’re protesting because they want to be treated with a basic level of decency that has been denied them for years. The golden rule is about as foundational a rule to live by as anything we’ve got...

I believe it’s largely because you and I may have very different world views (basing that off of your definition of progressive activists / I don’t know you personally so I apologize if that doesn’t fit you as a person). I believe there is a universal truth and the world was designed to work a certain way.

Now, progressive activists are fighting to change that truth to whatever fits the current culture. I don’t want anyone to not have basic human rights no matter who you are, but (for example) to tell me I have to pretend human biology is malleable or its normal to tell children they can be whatever sex they want to be, or to tell me we have a race issue when it’s largely a class issue, no I will not believe it or justify it. I’m also basically being told I am part of an oppressive system and I need to feel shame for things I have not done.

And again, I would like an explanation of how postmodern thought has nothing to do with Marxism or oppressor vs oppressed theory....

Yes, it is that simple. You're using a word that you don't know the meaning of and in doing so not recognizing the direct and obvious contradiction in your use of the word in this context.

Thanks for asking for the explanation, I'll take this opportunity to do so. I am not a post-modernist myself, and this is not a defense of post-modernism, but since I actually know what the fuck I'm talking about I'll use this opportunity to provide some illumination instead of letting people butcher the use of language.

Post-modernism is not a political ideology, and it is not just one 'thing'. It is an umbrella term, under which many views and ideologies sit beneath. It is a lens through which to see the world, like modernism.

That being said, there are some connecting ideas and themes that can be attributed to all realms of post modern thinking. The main themes and ideas are this - there is no "objective" reality that can actually be understood. Virtually everything is an issue of perspective, and there are no grand narratives in history. Everything boiling down to 'oppressor vs oppressed' is a grand narrative, and is in direct contradiction to post-modern theory.

I hope that helped. If you want to use the term "Marxist", fine. Marxism is still much more complicated for your reactionary smooth brains to ever fully grasp - but if you want to accuse the left of using a "Marxist, oppressor vs oppressed" ideology, that would be much more accurate than calling them post-modernists. You might as well say "the left are using an Existentialist oppressor vs oppressed ideology!!!" Both are equally wrong and equally disconnected from the actual meaning of those words and ideologies.

Thank you for the response and a genuine efforts to explain what your thoughts are on post modernism instead of only insulting me. I really do appreciate that.

however, I do understand that post modernism is more or less a lens to look at philosophy with. Although it mainly deals with relativism, skepticism, and an anti enlightenment stance; to say there are no elements of oppressor vs oppressed theory behind a lot of postmodern philosophers is a bit disingenuous. Apparently this is a very divisive idea between many postmodern writings, so in a sense you’re right and wrong at the same time:

“Part of the postmodern answer is that the prevailing discourses in any society reflect the interests and values, broadly speaking, of dominant or elite groups. Postmodernists disagree about the nature of this connection; whereas some apparently endorse the dictum of the German philosopher and economist Karl Marx that “the ruling ideas of each age have ever been the ideas of its ruling class,” others are more circumspect. Inspired by the historical research of the French philosopher Michel Foucault, some postmodernists defend the comparatively nuanced view that what counts as knowledge in a given era is always influenced, in complex and subtle ways, by considerations of power.”

I do think think leads to oppressor vs oppressed ideologies if they weren’t already present in postmodern thought.

I'm more concerned about who he (DNC) chooses to be VP.

That essentially will be the next president
This.

I will also say I am concerned that the Dems will win back the Senate.

I get nervous anytime a single party controls the WH and Congress. The amount if stuff that will fly through from bill to law without anyone looking under a magnifying glass will be mind boggling.

I'm even more concerned if Biden wins because he clearly will not be the one calling the shots. There will be a series of "aides", "staffers" , and "consultants" running the show. All of this will happen outside of the public view.

If people are concerned with the amount of pull Jared has right now, imagine how much authority a senior staffer under Biden will have.

The best thing that can happen would be if there is a brokered convention and someone else gets the nomination.

Heck, I'd be happy if there are two brokered conventions and neither Trump nor Biden are on the ballot.

Back