reacting against nonstop punching

I dont think yo have read all the post I made I advocate training the advanced tactics and fighting the ones you know and are strong at. For the beginner it is the basics.

The art of two masters slipping and weaving and countering is a thing of beaty. It equals the graet works of art and all of natures beaty to me. However for the TS he is new and needs to work the basics. Fast straight hard punches.

I am not advocating to be a slugger to sell tickets. I am saying that running, and jabbing when the guy gets close will not sell tickets. The crowd will still cheer two fighters slipping and executing great footwork but will boo a runner and a clincher.

The throw a punch or two and clinch philosophy has already done a lot of harm to boxing as a spectator sport. People I have talked to state that as a reason they dont watch boxing antmore and I personely will not watch this sort of fight.

Fair enough, i actualy started reading this thread last night when i rolled in from the pub and couldnt sleep. so i read it all, but how much i remember or uderstood at that time is a bit foggy. I see what your saying now, i did take 3 words from your first post and kinda blasted you for that.

Wont argue with this last post made sense of it all.

+1 on the jab. Regardless of if you're trying to outbox him or outbrawl him, you'll do it better by using your jab and circling.

My last boxing sparring session I went in with the game plan of pumping jabs and circling.

Couple of things:
- um, nine foot rings aren't too friendly to runners >_<
- I ran out of energy after a couple of rounds >_<

Either punch back or try and body lock straight away.

MarksChat
Fighting and Training Methods for Unarmed Martial Artists

"I ran out of energy after a couple of rounds"

i know how this goes. lol >_<

anyone who is giving you advice so you can please the crowd i would ignor. dont try to out slug someone, because sooner or latter you will run into someone who will out slug you.

the best thing to do is learn the proper technice so you can beat him without having to be stronger or faster. doesnt mean you cant train to be strong and fast, but its always better to be smarter.

ps ive had some drinks sorry about the spelling and grammer.

lol drinks...
uh that makes a lot of sense

I usually circle and make them run into a hook while they're charging at me...works for me. Work your defense, spar a lot and tell your partner to charge you with chain punches and you can practice from there... nothing is better then hands on training... if you have a problem with something train to get better at it..

another tip from what I do if I can't circle I bob a little lower then usual and upper cut in and throw some down the middle...works for me might not work for everyone else....

Back