Reach Advantages! FFS!!!

BlueSlims

Green Belt
Reaction score
Im sick of this crap! People trying to "expose" reach advantages.

"If having a longer reach is an advantage why isnt Struve the champion?"

or more recently:
"Thank you Bendo and Nelson for exposing reach advantages"

Having a longer reach IS an advantage!But that doesnt mean having a reach advantage makes you unbeatable!

Reach isnt the only reason why Jon Jones is sucsessfull... BUT IT CERTAINLY HELPS! Jon Jones knows how to use in reach well. That doesnt mean every fighter does. Being a good fighter is about using your advantages well. Jones is good because he uses what is has well, while Struve doesnt use his reach as well.

Its like if I said weight means nothing. If weight advantages mean everything why didnt Hong Man Choi beat Fedor?

Obviously weight and reach is an advantage but it isnt everything.

Im sick of this crap! People trying to "expose" reach advantages.

"If having a longer reach is an advantage why isnt Struve the champion?"

or more recently:
"Thank you Bendo and Nelson for exposing reach advantages"

Having a longer reach IS an advantage!But that doesnt mean having a reach advantage makes you unbeatable!

Reach isnt the only reason why Jon Jones is sucsessfull... BUT IT CERTAINLY HELPS! Jon Jones knows how to use in reach well. That doesnt mean every fighter does. Being a good fighter is about using your advantages well. Jones is good because he uses what is has well, while Struve doesnt use his reach as well.

Its like if I said weight means nothing. If weight advantages mean everything why didnt Hong Man Choi beat Fedor?

Obviously weight and reach is an advantage but it isnt everything.

there are a lot more examples than bendo and nelson in fact in the last 3 events the guy with the shorter reach won 52% of the time, barry etc

so is having an iron chin

honestly i would rather have an iron chin in MMA than excessive long reach

Oh look, another thread about why reach is/isn't the most important thing for a fighter.

In sports, you take advantage of your physical gifts in order to win. Not complicated.

I disagree with the making of this thread.

Meh seems like a troll thread to me, this guy could of taken a clue from the thread he stole this idea from or did a search and he could of contributed to the countless threads on this one said topic.

TS, have a cup of tea and take some deep breaths.

Reach is a factor.

It's not the only factor.

Is there anything else you need explained to you?

Thank you TS for singlehandedly clearing up the hot-button issue of the past week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back