Re-Watching The Entire Pride Back Catalogue #Pride #ACallToAction #EducateYourself

Hammurabi

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Inspired partly by the controversy generated by my latest Fedor thread where I realised there are a lot of confused people out there who completely miss the 101 of MMA history, man, I'm inviting each and every Sherdogger to join me in re-watching, or watching for the first time for some no big deal we all have to start somewhere, the ENTIRE Pride Back Catalogue, man. Now I'm using the UFC Fight Pass personally because that's my preference and I have the dough as you know, but I understand a lot of you guys aren't as well off as I am so you guys are of course free to use whatever medium you choose to. Moreover, I plan to make weekly threads of lessons learned, key points, and just overall discussion regarding that very Pride event in question, guys. I'm gonna start with the legendary Pride 1 starting this upcoming week and I hope you guys join me in having some great discussions regarding CLASSIC MMA. Peace out!

#wedontcare
#goaway

Pride 1 was far from legendary. Tons of fixed fights, a squash main event and the infamously terrible Severn-Kimo fight.

#wedontcare
#goaway

Pride 1 was far from legendary. Tons of fixed fights, a squash main event and the infamously terrible Severn-Kimo fight.

First of all, bro, it IS legendary I don't give a shit what anybody says. Second thing is, man, we're going to be STUDYING ALL PRIDE events, bro. Each and everyone of them, dude.

Whitebelt just bitchslapped the hell out of you, Hammtroll.

God I swear hashtagging should get your ass and IP ban on here

So fucking gay, seriously

Is this like #IsABliss? Such a glaring error for a #Wordsmith

Also, #Hashtags #Dont #Work #On #Sherdog, #Shertard.

Whitebelt just bitchslapped the hell out of you, Hammtroll.

Well guess what, I'm a Christian and I did what I had to do which is to say, dude, that I just turned the other cheek like I always do because at the end of the day, that type of feedback just rolls of my cold shoulders, bro.

shut up, guy. if only i had a whitebelt right now

#wedontcare
#goaway

I'm a huge Pride fan but I agree with this. I have the entire Pride collection and normally don't watch the first 6 or so because they're just shit. Also any match Rickson was in back then was a squash match haha.

I'm a huge Pride fan but I agree with this. I have the entire Pride collection and normally don't watch the first 6 or so because they're just shit. Also any match Rickson was in back then was a squash match haha.

I'm not saying it's the greatest event of all time but it's legendary just due to the fact that it's the beginnings of something great, bro. Sure, there's a long time between Pride 1 and the glory days of Pride most people think of when they think of Pride but the whole point of this exercise is to get context for the new fan base who joined us maybe through TUF, maybe through Kimbo or Lesnar, maybe through Ronda or Conor.

I'm not saying it's the greatest event of all time but it's legendary just due to the fact that it's the beginnings of something great, bro. Sure, there's a long time between Pride 1 and the glory days of Pride most people think of when they think of Pride but the whole point of this exercise is to get context for the new fan base who joined us maybe through TUF, maybe through Kimbo or Lesnar, maybe through Ronda or Conor.

Fair enough. It was legendary in the sense that it started it all but still far from an exciting introduction into Pride. If you goal is to educate the casuals then you're going to want to start with one of the grandprix events or something like Pride 25 to entice them first. An event where they will recognise some of the names also helps.

Pride has been gone for 8 years now lol get the fuck over it.

Fair enough. It was legendary in the sense that it started it all but still far from an exciting introduction into Pride. If you goal is to educate the casuals then you're going to want to start with one of the grandprix events or something like Pride 25 to entice them first. An event where they will recognise some of the names also helps.

Maybe I'll do exactly that then, bro. Not a bad idea at all.

i recently did the same

tho i just watched it all on yt lol, on my friend's computer

amazing how much better the fights and events were

Pride has been gone for 8 years now lol get the fuck over it.

Quite ironically, bro, you're one of the reasons that made me feel like its my RESPONSIBILITY to kickstart this community service, my man.

Well guess what, I'm a Christian and I did what I had to do which is to say, dude, that I just turned the other cheek like I always do because at the end of the day, that type of feedback just rolls of my cold shoulders, bro.

Mystery solved.

Edit:

Bro.

Congrats, 2010 noob, you just discovered the pseudo-MMA puroresu organization known as PRIDE.

Back