re-watching some fights in prep for 240. recommendations?

didn't max get wresltefucked by one-legged conor mcgregor?

i'm smelling that upset, baby

rational men seek THE ANSWER,
while superstitious men claimed to be #blessed

okay to answer your quesiton, i don't know that frankie edgar has ever fought someone like max...
the most relevant fights are probably edgar vs henderson, aldo, and ortega
all three are taller, longer fighters who primarily want to strike...but aside from that, they don't have much in common with max
also worth mentioning, edgar went 0-5 against them and has gotten increasingly less competitive against fighters with this sort of frame

edgar's only other loss was to maynard in 2008, but i doubt max is going to come out and wrestle

Henderson, Aldo and ortega aren't really tall and lanky like max, and they're all much more proven grapplers than max. Edgar didn't struggle with that body type; he struggled with them because he couldn't establish top control, or in Ortega's case he didn't want to take the fight down.

But If max's tdd is as good as some people think, then the fight could definitely end out looking like those fights.

Edgar vs Ortega
Edgar vs Aldo 1 and 2

Then watch Max vs Aldo and Ortega

its a wrap

How so? Max doesn't fight like ortega. And I'm not sure if Max's tdd is as good as Aldo, who has the most proven TDD probably in MMA history.

That looks like simple MMA math to me bro.

Edgar vs Swanson 1 and 2. Swanson kind of has that pressure style while throwing some wild stuff sort of like Max.

For me Holloway takes this 100%, i would bet between 500€-1.000€ only on that fight.

Just finished Max vs. Bermudez

Interesting take aways:
  • Bermudez got him down 4 times, several times with a high crotch, which edgar is very good at. Off of his back max looked below average, but again this was a long time ago.
  • Max looked TIRED in round 3. He didn't seem to like constant pressure. I've never seen max look that tired before.
  • Very close fight, max's striking was there as always and it could have gone either way, but the pressure from bermudez seems to be what made the judges give him the nod.
  • Bermudez was having a hard time finding Max's head, but he was having good success attacking max's legs Overall, max was the much more accurate striker, though.

Max absolutely cannot let Frankie get this position on him

vl9Z7L.gif
thats what people do not understand especially tony fans. you can look like a cardio machine standing up and considerably slow down on the ground. its way more tiring to wrestle/grapple than it is to strike.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back