Re-watched the fight. TJ "working on a single leg" GTFO

Tj’s “single leg” attempt. Come on.

200w.gif
tenor.gif

Again, no one is arguing that he would have completed it. But he was still doing. He wasn't in "the most inferior defenseless position," because he wasn't in one position, he was in motion.

My logic of grappling to recover makes perfect sense as a a counter to the constant recycled arguments people give that if a fighters legs are still wobbly, it automatically justifies the stoppage, which has been used in this thread a few times now. Nothing you said counters the "speech is more indicative of being rocked" logic, so it still seems like he was a conscious fighter, even if hurt, and was working on changing position, even if it wouldn't end up successful. Point is, it had not yet failed, and he had not yet stopped. There have been, by far, much worse stoppages, but it still leads to the idea that it was premature, or at least based on some level of prediction by the ref, and if the response is, "he would have been done in five seconds anyway" then the fight should have been five seconds longer.
So every TKO is a bad stoppage? I don't think we need to see a fighter starched to know it's over. Flailing for a leg and calling it a single leg is like saying this boxer is still in the fight because he's throwing jabs and trying to create distance.

The only controlled motion there was Cejudo taking TJ's back and he was going to throw shots that he couldn't defend. TJ wasn't mid single leg, he reached for a leg. There's a huge difference, and that's at any level of grappling let alone the very peak of it in Cejudo.

'he barely had a grip on his leg'..

So he was working a on a single leg u say

So every TKO is a bad stoppage?
Nice jump, Evil Knievel. Not all TKO's are active fighters, I even noted people who stay in one position, like any fighter who turtles up, not actively defending themselves or working to improve position. That's pretty much twice you've disregarded specific things in my post because you wanted to argue what you think is the larger point. We can rename this site Strawdog for the way people argue here

Nice jump, Evil Knievel. Not all TKO's are active fighters, I even noted people who stay in one position, like any fighter who turtles up, not actively defending themselves or working to improve position. That's pretty much twice you've disregarded specific things in my post because you wanted to argue what you think is the larger point. We can rename this site Strawdog for the way people argue here
You're not really making any argument though, or you're at least making it poorly. It's arguable that turtling up is a more intelligent defense than reaching your arm out for a leg out of desperation. He was dropped multiple times, open to strikes, and not improving his position. There's no way to argue that reaching for a single meant he was in the fight, guys are constantly going for takedowns after being finished.

He was just going for a single leg, like Schaub was here.
tumblr_mpjiezwqux1ry1rm7o4_400.gif

Why’d the ref stop this? He was going for a single leg!!
67dc35df05983dced5758d1f7d400269.gif

He had a single leg man!
1dDLH5E1ZU3mb0vyH0-xPniqWRsYGJjaZqs5Avcpqh4.gif

Watching it live I simply didn't want to admit he lost so embarrassingly fast so my biased drunk ass said it was early.

Needless to say all I needed to see was one replay and I got pissed off and left the room like the gif of that Conor fan with the Irish flag who drops it after Nate choked him.

Back