Re-watched the fight. TJ "working on a single leg" GTFO

You watched the wrong fight, DJ went 5 rounds with Cejudo.
TJ was the guy going for the single leg at the end.
This one DJ?

giphy.gif

TJ didn't go for the single until AFTER the ref broke it up

TJ or DJ.. fucknA TS.. at least post a fucking gif. Put some effort into your threads kids

You can read it 100 times, but if your brain doesn't see it the first couple of times it will take someone pointing it out.

Therein lies the problem.

I didn't berate the man. And though my advice was solid gold (I use it myself). I was engaging in minor comedic and ironic ball breaking. I didn't insult demean or denigrate.

It's all good.

Therein lies the problem.

I didn't berate the man. And though my advice was solid gold (I use it myself). I was engaging in minor comedic and ironic ball breaking. I didn't demean or denigrate.

It's all good.
forgive me for jumping to the asshole conclusion then. I mean, this is Sherdog after all.

With henrys wrestling credentials he messes up dillashaw from that position, no doubt

I don't think anyone is arguing he had a strong enough grip on Cejudo to bring him down, just that he was actively going for one and wasn't stopped at any one point. He does clearly turn into Henry right after hitting the ground and wraps his arm around Cejudos's calf when the referee jumped in. And shaky legs might actually mean something in boxing, a sport where you have to be standing to compete, but anytime someone brings it up in a grappling heavy sport where thousands of rocked fighters for decades take their time to recover on the ground, i can't help but feel that person is at least a wee bit retarded. Speech is probably more indicative of consciousness than autonomy, and only the ref knows how well TJ was voicing himself while protesting the stoppage

Yes, the stoppage was a bit early but I in no way thought TJ was going to make it too much longer...All the doubters/haters, and TJ nut huggers will realize this when HC takes the 135 strap next.

LOL. Just one final thing.

This is Sherdog. A shark tank of keyboard warriors and pseudo intellectuals.

If you fuck up your title your thread is toast. There will be very little serious discussion with massive title fails. So even if you have the best thread ever. If you cock up a title fail... It’s all over.

The average title is what... 5-10 words?

How long could it possibly take to read your title over at least times?

Do us all a favour.

I’d rather read intelligent posts than the average title fail thread. But if you screw it up...

We are not charitable in this dojo.

125399-karate-kid-no-mercy-gif-imgur-dj3u.gif

I don't think anyone is arguing he had a strong enough grip on Cejudo to bring him down, just that he was actively going for one and wasn't stopped at any one point. He does clearly turn into Henry right after hitting the ground and wraps his arm around Cejudos's calf when the referee jumped in. And shaky legs might actually mean something in boxing, a sport where you have to be standing to compete, but anytime someone brings it up in a grappling heavy sport where thousands of rocked fighters for decades take their time to recover on the ground, i can't help but feel that person is at least a wee bit retarded. Speech is probably more indicative of consciousness than autonomy, and only the ref knows how well TJ was voicing himself while protesting the stoppage
Reaching for the leg while on your ass and folded up like that is not a good sign against a high school wrestler let alone an Olympic champion. That wasn't a single leg attempt so much as a reaching for anything he could. Your logic of grappling to recover would only make sense if could control Cejudo in any way or even just distract him for some time, but Henry was relentless and took his back in that moment. So that means TJ was rocked in the most inferior defenseless position he could be in. It was over.

Way to shit up the entire first page of the thread with thread title nonsense, brainlets. The context alone should be enough to keep the thread on-topic.
<CanYouSeeMeNow>

TJ was about to get a Matt Serra to GSP type of beating if they allowed it to go on any longer.

i don't even know why people are talking about a takedown attempt, even if he had a really legit takedown attempt we already saw he doesn't have what it takes to finish it, seconds before any punch even connected Henry ragdolled TJ to the ground WITH A PUSH.

TJ was grasping at some invisible straws; those arguing against the fight being stopped do the same.

just re-watched the fight.

He barely had a grip on Henry's leg. Cejudo was in complete control. TJ is even seen raising his hand to defend the wrong side of his head.

Then, AFTER the fight HC is walking away and TJ is reaching out to grab his foot - that's how out of it he was.

I felt the stoppage was deserved. Sure, TJ is a champ and a warrior, so they could have let it go until he was clearly knocked out, but I don’t think he could have gotten out of that situation and turned the momentum. Cejudo was in a dominant position and landing HARD shots.
I’d love to see these two fight again. Wicked good fight in both of them.

Tieing up is a common recovery move in fights. Many get a small recovery just to get pounded out or subbed soon after but occasionally ride out and get back into the fight. The ref was a spaz but closest to action and made his decision. Disappointed as a fan since now there is a small question and a few more seconds would have helped clarify. Time to move on. Saw coverage on Bloomberg which suggested ratings were good for 125 headliner. I would prefer a DJ rematch over TJ, but that is out of the question.

TJ attempting to gaslight the whole MMA community. Ok lad.

I love that he thinks he had a chance of taking down an Olympic gold medalist whilst practically sat on his arse eating shots halfway to the land of Narnia

Reaching for the leg while on your ass and folded up like that is not a good sign against a high school wrestler let alone an Olympic champion. That wasn't a single leg attempt so much as a reaching for anything he could.
Again, no one is arguing that he would have completed it. But he was still doing. He wasn't in "the most inferior defenseless position," because he wasn't in one position, he was in motion.

Your logic of grappling to recover would only make sense if could control Cejudo in any way or even just distract him for some time, but Henry was relentless and took his back in that moment.
My logic of grappling to recover makes perfect sense as a a counter to the constant recycled arguments people give that if a fighters legs are still wobbly, it automatically justifies the stoppage, which has been used in this thread a few times now. Nothing you said counters the "speech is more indicative of being rocked" logic, so it still seems like he was a conscious fighter, even if hurt, and was working on changing position, even if it wouldn't end up successful. Point is, it had not yet failed, and he had not yet stopped. There have been, by far, much worse stoppages, but it still leads to the idea that it was premature, or at least based on some level of prediction by the ref, and if the response is, "he would have been done in five seconds anyway" then the fight should have been five seconds longer.

just re-watched the fight.

He barely had a grip on Henry's leg. Cejudo was in complete control. TJ is even seen raising his hand to defend the wrong side of his head.

Then, AFTER the fight HC is walking away and TJ is reaching out to grab his foot - that's how out of it he was.

How does any of this show that he wasn’t working on a single leg/intelligently defending?

That stoppage was garbage.

Back