RDA vs MCG is really the preview of Aldo rematch.

Aldo is known for his takedowns? Hardly. He has some good takedowns but it's hardly what he's known for. Not even the clinch for that matter.

Aldo generally prefers to strike at striking distance, and leg kicks are a big part of that game so on that account you're at least correct.

Aldo and RDA aren't that similar in style either. RDA mixes up his game a lot more and has a completely different pressure in his fights. Aldo uses more speed in his game, to explode and counter, rather than relentless pressure.

Aldo fought in WEC,

I disagree,

RDA had been able to finish or dominate elite fighters recently because he is on a different level to them at the moment. He trains like an animal.. and you can just see how much work this guy puts in when you see him fight. I don't think he's trying to get out of there.. He can attack with that pace throughout the fight because his conditioning is that good.
Cordeiro is exactly what he needed.

Aldo deserves respect though ofcouse, he is one of the GOATs, I'm just saying that RDA is better at the moment.

Yeah sorry i meant WEC. Too early in the morning for me lol.

I didn't mean he's trying to get out of there like he needs to get quick work done- I mean that you get the sense he's looking to take his opponents heads off. He's really pushing the finish. Pettis fight showed that even if he doesn't get it he has more than enough cardio and aggression to keep the relentless attack for 25 minutes. That was one of the most sustained quality performances I can recall.

Hell, Pettis has a stellar chin- if it wasn't on the caliber that it is, RDA likely would have put him away too as he cracked him with some heavy shots when he was closing the gap on him.

If he was able to win championship in higher weightclass then Why didn't he do that in the past? Why did he sacrifice so much & went through those painful weightcuts? Given that a championship belt of a higher weight class is more lucrative & prestigious than a belt for lower weight class.

He didn't do it in the past because Dana wouldn't let him. 145 to 155 isn't like going up to HW from MW, so Hendo isn't a fair comparison. Plus, Fedor could have fought at 205 if he cared about weight differences that much. He isn't physically a true heavyweight at that point in his career. I also never said anything about being certain that Aldo could be a top tier guy at 155, but just that I thought he could. I think a few years ago he definitely could have considering the weakness of that division. Now? I don't know.

Aldo has had a longer reign but as of late RDA has fought tougher competition and has looked WAY more dominant over them

Aldo's past 4 fights are Edgar, KZ, Lamas, Mendes... And he didn't look dominant against either one of them. He got 3 decisions and a tko vs KZ after he popped his arm out.

RDA's past 4 fights are Cerrone, Pettis, Diaz and Benson. He KO'd Benson for the first time, made quick work of Cerrone and smashed both Diaz and Pettis for 5 rounds.

There's no question that RDA is the better and more dangerous fighter lately.

Last edited:
Aldo is a counter-puncher, RDA is a pressure fighter. Aldo is defensive, RDA is offensive. Aldo is kickboxer by preference, RDA is all about mixing it striking attacks with takedowns. Aldo gasses whenever he's forced to fight out of his preferred pace, RDA pushes the pace till the opponent breaks down. The only thing they have in common is that they throw really hard low kicks (and RDA being southpaw will have much easier time kicking McGregor).

Back