RDA vs MCG is really the preview of Aldo rematch.

MidnightPurple

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Yes i know RDA and Aldo are two completely different fighters. But these two are known for their weapons which many consider are the key to beating McGregor. Leg kicks, Clinch and Takedowns. This fight will give us a more definitive idea of how the rematch might go. Wouldn't you agree?

Yes i know RDA and Aldo are two completely different fighters. But these two are known for their weapons which many consider are the key to beating McGregor. Leg kicks, Clinch and Takedowns. This fight will give us a more definitive idea of how the rematch might go. Wouldn't you agree?

In one word: no. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Aldo is a better striker and his leg kicks are a lot quicker.

Dos Anjos has a much better gas tank, he's a southpaw and he mixes his game up a lot more than Aldo.

joe-zay got murked and he would get murked again. RDA is more dangerous in everyway

Just curious, would you of said that before the Conor/Aldo fight?
Why wouldn't he? There is a reason RDA fights in Lightweight & Aldo in Featherweight. The lone lightweight fight in Jose Aldo's career provided him his first loss. Is there anything that would make me think that a lightweight champion can be topped by someone, who has never won a single match in that division?

Last edited:
Why wouldn't he?
-Aldo was considered one of the top P4P fighters in the world ahead of RDA.

-He had a record of 24-1 heading into the fight with his last loss being 10 years previous.

-He never lost in the UFC.

-People were already talking about Aldo going to the LW division after the Conor fight.

Just saying, if you asked me before the Conor fight I would of said that Aldo was the more elite fighter.

-He had a record of 24-1 heading into the fight with his last loss being 10 years previous.

-People were already talking about Aldo going to the LW division after the Conor fight.

Just saying, if you asked me before the Conor fight I would of said that Aldo was the more elite fighter.

Same here. After the Barao loss to his bathtub, I wanted Barao to move up to 145 and Aldo to 155. I thought Aldo would easily be a top 5 at LW and possibly champion.

And how is that relevant regarding lightweight division? He achieved all that in a lower weightclass & we all know P4P talks are just a bullshit. For example According to UFC P4P list Rockhold is better than Werdum & even Cormier. He achieved things nonetheless, But are those enough for him to beat Werdum or Cormier?
Jose Aldo's achivments are all in featherweight division & that doesn't make him relevant in Lightweight division.

Same here. After the Barao loss to his bathtub, I wanted Barao to move up to 145 and Aldo to 155. I thought Aldo would easily be a top 5 at LW and possibly champion.
If he was able to win championship in higher weightclass then Why didn't he do that in the past? Why did he sacrifice so much & went through those painful weightcuts? Given that a championship belt of a higher weight class is more lucrative & prestigious than a belt for lower weight class.

Remember when Aldo beat Edgar (former LW champ)?

And? Edgar was fighting at featherweight not at lightweight division & we don't know if that weight cut did create any issue for him. Okay I will stop making excuse for him & will give Aldo his proper due that he deserves for beating an ex-lightwieght champ. But does it ensure the that fact that he is able to beat other guys in Lightweight division?

For this conversation, a perfect analogy can be Dan Henderson. He defeated probably the greatest HW ever in Fedor Emelianenko. So after that success of his, Why didn't he stick to that division? Because performance like this against a higher weightclass guy is not consistent. It can happen once or twice, not consistently.

Edgar was an anomaly that beat all those bigger guy than him & claimed that Lightweight belt despite being the smallest guy of the division. But beating him doesn't ensure your success in Lightweight division, Cause in that case you are purely speculating based on MMA maths & we all know how dumb MMA math is.

Last edited:
Again, to my original point. If you asked me before the Conor fight, I would of said Aldo is the better fighter. At the time I believed he would do well in the LW division. Possibly becoming the champ.

You're too obsessed with the fighters size. It matters, but it's not everything.

Why wouldn't he? There is a reason RDA fights in Lightweight & Aldo in Featherweight. The lone lightweight fight in Jose Aldo's career provided him his first loss. Is there anything that would make me think that a lightweight champion can be topped by someone, who has never won a single match in that division?

Really yea . The lone light weight fight? so you are saying Conor is a light weight and RDA and Cerrone are telling him he is to small . Make up your minds. Aldo lost because Conor is the better fighter , just like RDA is going to lose to him because he is not on his level .

Aldo has fought bigger guys and won and Conor has fought smaller guys and lost.

Yes it is called using your eyes

I can tell you now 100 % that Conor is going to beat RDA just by what I have seen from both fighters regardless of weight class . Conor is the better fighter and will win .

Also what do you mean Aldo fought a lightweight and lost ? Are you saying Conor weighed in at 155 ?

So if RDA comes into the octagon heavier than Conor are you going to say Conor fought a welterweight fighter or a heavier lightweight ?

Because Aldo lost to a bigger featherweight and that's it . If Ken Flo beat Aldo wo

Really yea . The lone light weight fight? so you are saying Conor is a light weight and RDA and Cerrone are telling him he is to small . Make up your minds. Aldo lost because Conor is the better fighter , just like RDA is going to lose to him because he is not on his level .

Aldo has fought bigger guys and won and Conor has fought smaller guys and lost.

Dude, better educate yourself before calling me out. Jose Aldo's first loss came from Luciano Azevedo by RNC & that fight was held in lightweight division.

Last edited:
At this stage in their careers,

RDA has been far more impressive than Aldo,

Ktfo Benson and Cerrone, and put a car park beating on Pettis.

It's a bigger challenge for Mcgregor no doubt.

Dude, better educate yourself before calling me out. Jose Aldo's first lost came from Luciano Azevedo by RNC & that fight was held in lightweight division.
Ok cool I thought you were talking about UFC alluding to Conor being a light weight as he is a bigger guy ..my bad

At this stage in their careers,

RDA has been far more impressive than Aldo,

Ktfo Benson and Cerrone, and put a car park beating on Pettis.

It's a bigger challenge for Mcgregor no doubt.

I'm not trying to say Aldo doesn't have killer instinct. He made a career of showcasing that in strikeforce and he showed moments in his UFC run as well of violent destruction- such as the first Mendes fight. That said, he seems to me to be far more tactical in recent years- using his technical advantages over his opponents both as a striker and a grappler to take rounds and cruise to victory.

RDA lately looks more like he is looking to get you out of there- the viciousness with which he attacked Cerrone, the TKO of Benson, the way he was looking to sub Pettis even deep in the fight (I think it was the fourth round that Pettis was struggling mightily to avoid the kimura). The difference in aggression between the two fighters at this stage in their careers seems to exist.

no

I'm not trying to say Aldo doesn't have killer instinct. He made a career of showcasing that in strikeforce and he showed moments in his UFC run as well of violent destruction- such as the first Mendes fight. That said, he seems to me to be far more tactical in recent years- using his technical advantages over his opponents both as a striker and a grappler to take rounds and cruise to victory.

RDA lately looks more like he is looking to get you out of there- the viciousness with which he attacked Cerrone, the TKO of Benson, the way he was looking to sub Pettis even deep in the fight (I think it was the fourth round that Pettis was struggling mightily to avoid the kimura). The difference in aggression between the two fighters at this stage in their careers seems to exist.

Aldo fought in WEC,

I disagree,

RDA had been able to finish or dominate elite fighters recently because he is on a different level to them at the moment. He trains like an animal.. and you can just see how much work this guy puts in when you see him fight. I don't think he's trying to get out of there.. He can attack with that pace throughout the fight because his conditioning is that good.
Cordeiro is exactly what he needed.

Aldo deserves respect though ofcouse, he is one of the GOATs, I'm just saying that RDA is better at the moment.

Back