RDA vs Ferg in Mexico is a crime

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by YoungRonniecoleman, Aug 8, 2016.

1. YoungRonniecoleman

YoungRonniecoleman Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Stop having fights at elevation like that. Smfh, these high paced crazy fighters will get in a weird decision that doesent show what they are really about. All those slow decisions were not RNG

2. johncola

johncola Red Belt

On a sporting level it isn't really fair. Lots of the random shit isn't. In regular sports, teams or players have matches on an even playing field, e.g. home and away games. But in MMA, fights are in random places around the world and even fight length differs by card placement. People just have to accept that MMA isn't and can't be like regular sports. It's prize fighting.

On topic, I don't like that fights have to be fought at altitude, resulting in sluggish performances, but it is what it is. Mexico City is a huge market for the UFC. They can't just neglect it.

I'm a Ferguson fan so I'm hoping this works in his favor. I'm hoping Rafael is unable to implement his nonstop pressure game, like Cain was unable to against Werdum. Ferguson also has length and reach on RDA like Werdum did against Cain. He doesn't have a muay thai clinch like Werdum, but he does have more 1-punch KO power. And he doesn't have Werdum's BJJ credentials, but it's his style to get subs out of nowhere, and I think he's capable of subbing RDA.

Cheapshart likes this.
  3. TheIrishPsycho

TheIrishPsycho Whiskey Belt

This isn't a sport though, no matter how mcuh they say it is - it is more of a spectacle showcasing combat athletes for blood driven entertainment.

Which Doctor likes this.
  4. johncola

johncola Red Belt

It's a sport in ways. It's not a sport in ways. "sport" is just a label, or a way of categorization. MMA is what it is and it isn't what it isn't.

Which Doctor and cocksure like this.
  5. Jimmy jump

Jimmy jump Brown Belt

There is a process called ''acclimatisation'' you fucking tard.

6. The Accuser

The Accuser Brown Belt

I'd think the elevation is the same for both fighters... Don't see your problem, TS.

7. MonkeyGirl

MonkeyGirl Awesomeness Belt

Rafael has that altitude training. I hope he makes it to the W.
    I'm worried about Rafael's chin, so maybe Tony can put a punch there and W too.

HI SCOTT NEWMAN likes this.
  8. Jblizzle

Jblizzle Red Belt

Are these fighters aware of the elevation before they fight there? Are these fighters professionals?

Edit: Red belt bitches<13><13>

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    HI SCOTT NEWMAN and Cheapshart like this.
  9. Cheapshart

Cheapshart A farce to be reckoned with.

They know they're going to be fighting at altitude. If they're smart, they'll get there early and acclimatise.

10. Ethan Rom

Ethan Rom Black Belt

Not heavyweights so shouldnt be a problem

11. CJohnny

CJohnny Black Belt

Both fighters have great cardio, if they gas we will know why.

They should get a good training though. Take some notes from what happened to Cain. Ferguson game without his cardio wouldn't work.

12. Fincher7

Fincher7 Purple Belt

13. FrontNakedChoke

FrontNakedChoke ____________________

Ferguson is going to give RDA the beat stick.

Doesn't matter where it is.

14. johncola

johncola Red Belt

Yeah Rafael of course trains with Werdum. And Ferguson has taken Cain's role as the UFC's Mexican representative. Cain vs Werdum was Mexican-American powerful wrestler vs Brazilian MT/BJJ fighter. Ferguson vs Rafael is Mexican-American powerful wrestler vs Brazilian MT/BJJ fighter.

Despite that, I think the roles are reversed this time stylistically, in that RDA has a similar pressure style to Cain. Ferguson is a pressure fighter too but he just fights totally differently. Ferguson is non-stop action but he isn't a bully like RDA. I could see the altitude causing both fighters to gas, but it's more likely to totally hurt RDA's game more than it is Ferguson imo.

Yeah, it's a short turnaround for RDA after the shots he took from Alvarez, especially compared to the layoff he had between his 3 title fights. I think you're right to be worried about his chin. However, Ferguson's also eaten a lot of shots in his last 2 fights, and RDA has a lot of power.

Having said all of this, I think one of them is likely to get finished early, so the altitude might not even matter. They both have power, they both come to fight, and they've both taken big damage recently and will have had pretty quick turnarounds.

MonkeyGirl likes this.
  15. MonkeyGirl

MonkeyGirl Awesomeness Belt

Can't wait for this!
    Good luck with your pic, Sir!

HI SCOTT NEWMAN and johncola like this.
  16. ArtemV

ArtemV Gold Belt

Ferguson is gonna get folded by a liver kick. I don't see anyway how he submits RDA. He has a good darce, but he goes for low percentage but flashy submissions leg his rolling leg locks, he is to adjust each of them by quite a lot before he can actually apply reasonable pressure.

17. o0obruceleeo0o

o0obruceleeo0o Green Belt

Its unfair to Tony because he's taller, and is at a higher elevation than RDA.

18. HI SCOTT NEWMAN

HI SCOTT NEWMAN Steel Belt Cat ✔

I don't think either with have a issue, I don't think it will go 5 rounds either, but if it does I don't think they will gas, both are very fit and they know where it is taking place..

19. The guest

The guest Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

If you sign for that fight you immediately get your ass to Colorado or some other place like... Mexico.

It worked for the Germans at the last World Cup. They spent millions to build a training facility in Brazil to have their players acclimatized.

It's common sense and pro fighters and their camps should know this shit. Nobody is forcing them to accept fights anywhere really. If you don't want to fight there then don't sign the contract.

Which Doctor likes this.
  20. Haj01

Haj01 Silver Belt