RDA vs Conor= who controls the center

OXujhbY.jpg

Funny... I could swear I read almost the exact same thread title ... Yesterday. It's like deja vu all over again.

I think Conor will sprint towards RDA but get taken down quickly.

OXujhbY.jpg

Funny... I could swear I read almost the exact same thread title ... Yesterday. It's like deja vu all over again.
Then maybe you should get off your ass and do something other than read sherdog forums all day

That's my No.1 question. Both guys love to pressure on their opponent. Interesting

Is this the same thread I have seen 15 times this weekend or is it another one I have lost count how many threads their is about this subject

I expect Conor to hang back here sort of like he did vs Aldo. He knows he's got a aggressive fighter and the threat of the takedown also plays a factor here. Just because/if Conor will hang back isnt a negative, moving forward in this fight and controlling the center of the cage isnt necessarily the smart thing here for both guys. Conor will have more success hanging back, he can land a good counter and defend the takedowns better.

No respect for RDA here, that guys an absolute monster. I'm pretty confident that RDA gets it done in the 2nd. McGregor hasn't been hit by anybody like him and I think he will spend most of the fight back peddling or on his back

I expect Conor to hang back here sort of like he did vs Aldo. He knows he's got a aggressive fighter and the threat of the takedown also plays a factor here. Just because/if Conor will hang back isnt a negative, moving forward in this fight and controlling the center of the cage isnt necessarily the smart thing here for both guys. Conor will have more success hanging back, he can land a good counter and defend the takedowns better.

I tend to agree. I think we'll see Conor moving a fair bit early in this fight. He's not necessarily going to be backing up a whole lot, but I think he needs to use lateral movement to make angles tougher on RDA, avoid grappling exchanges, and try and turn this into a more technical fight.

Conor started throwing right away against aldo. He landed a straight left and a kick to the knee, before the ko punch. Watch closer. Conor always initiates the attack but also counters when needed.

Not correct. Conner was not pressuring Aldo. He was holding his ground waiting for Aldo to rush in. The first punch of the fight was Conner throwing a left straight which Aldo slipped and than countered with a double left hook. Conner reacting with good defensive responsibility ducked towards his left hand and than threw the kick to the knee. The rest is history.

Conner can fight going forward and backwards depending on the fighter. He pressured Chad to tire him out given the short training camp, and he pressured Brandao, Porier and Siver because they all have HORRIBLE striking defense. This is not the case for Aldo and RDA.

Conner's best bet is to fight off the back foot and hold his ground and gain respect by getting off first and landing some combinations and that left hand. And than after a round or two start going forward after wearing him down a little with crisp shots forcing him to fight on the back foot which will eventually force him against the fence and into the meat grinder. Going forward from the outset will give RDA his best chance to win.

McGregor will be the counterstriker.

The only way he can win this fight is catching RDA coming in with his chin exposed like he did Aldo.

Conor without doubt, his shots are far too accurate and heavy for anyone to walk through.

RDA will get backed up withing 30 seconds and the takedown attempts will commence.

Back