RDA vs Colby close fight

EyezFiredUp

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
RDA slightly more effective on striking. Colby clearly more effective on the clinch/grappling but soft hands like Chael.

RDA wobbled Colby twice but didn't smell the blood. Could have put a flurry right on and finish.

I would pick RDA but it could go either way, very close fight.

Who would you guys pick?

RDA most certainly did not win that fight. I scored it 49-46 Colby with the 4th going to RDA, 48-47 isn't a bad scorecard either.

Yes Colby fought smart not giving any space. But RDA got closer to a finish.

It seems RDA no longer have heavy hands on this division.

RDA slightly more effective on striking. Colby clearly more effective on the clinch/grappling but soft hands like Chael.

RDA wobbled Colby twice but didn't smell the blood. Could have put a flurry right on and finish.

Who would you guys pick?
{<jordan}

cant-see-shit-ray.gif

TS

Not sure how hugging a dude against the fence is scored, imo it should be scored negatively for the guy that does it unless they get off some good offense or a takedown within a minute. Kind of like what Holly did to Cyborg, she should have gotten no points for that. Damage wise RDA should have got the nod and if Colby didn't dry hump him against the cage so much RDA probably would have taken his leg out. The scoring system still needs work, How Romero didn't get a single 10-8 rd is beyond me.

Colby clearly won. Not a very close fight, but not a beatdown.
99,99 of RDA's fans and Colby's haters thought that Colby won.
Except TS and RDA's mother...

Yeah, RDA rocked him. So?
Yoel rocked Whit, too.

RDA landed 53% of his signature strikes and he is a lot slower at welterweight. 50% of takedowns as well.
Which means faster Tyron will land at an even higher percentage. bad thing considering his power.
Cobly can't take Woodley down, but Woodley wrestles him whenever he wants to.

You wankers never been in a fight. Holding a guy against the fence is a lot easier than hitting his chin.

An effective head strike worths more than a take down attempt. Is closer to a finish. Colby was barely able to get Rafael down.

Scoring criteria should be reviewed so we won't have guys fighting for a decision victory as pillow hands Colby did. A take down attempt is zero. An effective take down worths like an effective jab if you don't finish the job on the ground.

Ok RDA at WW is pillow handed too but at least still agressive. (aggression should be valued in the cards too)

thats my opinion, the guys who gets closer to a KO should win.

Who would you guys pick?

I scored it 49-46 colby. Every round was contested but i could only reasonably score round 4 for RDA. An arguement can be made for rda in round 1 but i thought it was a colby round.

Coming closer to finishing doesn't mean much when you don't finish and the other fighter controls the vast majority of the fight,even if it is with a boring method. I was pulling for RDA too, but he clearly lost.

I too remember being bored with colbys smothering. Not sure how anyone finds that remotely exciting. Its just another fight ill likely never watch again.

I don't recall Colby being "wobbled" at all
Time for a gif request, if ya ask me.

It was close rda got round 1 imo and 4 easily. 5th round was a lil close but colby did win the round. I had 300 on rda aswell at 2.30

Anyone actually thinks RDA won that fight? I dislike Colby as much as the other guy, but he had an amazing performance against RDA and clearly won that fight. It wasn't a very fun fight except R1 but Colby had the perfect gameplan to beat RDA.

I don't think Colby really did anything in that fight. RDA at least dealt some damage. Colby just leaned on him. Whatever the score should be for real, I think it was retardedly ridiculous when Colby called it an "ass kicking". You may have won on the score cards, but you kicked no ones ass there. Delusional fuck.

<36>

Coming closer to finishing doesn't mean much when you don't finish and the other fighter controls the vast majority of the fight,even if it is with a boring method. I was pulling for RDA too, but he clearly lost.

This is quite funny, if you compare this to all the Whitaker vs Romero threads, where the majority is arguing for the exact opposite of this statement.

Yes, RDA didn't do as much damage as Romero did to Whitaker, but the point still stands. And Whitaker did a lot more damage to Romero than Colby did to RDA too. A lot.

The better question is.."which 2 rounds did RDA fuckin win"?

Seriously. Thats a 49 46 if I ever saw one.

Back