RDA talks extensively about mcgregor and analyze some of connie's fights

oh yeah, his amazing kicking game that has knocked out everyone in the game

aside the brandao fight kick and the ones against chad, that isnt something really fearful coming from his kicks

His kicking game is one of the best in MMA. He's caught many opponents circling away from his left with spinning back kicks and a wheel kick. He dropped Brandao with one. You said "aside" from the Brandao kick and the ones (many) against Chad, but you also left out others, Dustin Poirier included and Dennis Siver.

RDA's "plan" to circle away from his left is something so obvious it's not even worth mentioning. It's the very first thing that any coach, fighter or analyst would think of. Like Conor won't have an answer for it, he already has shown that he does. RDA should stick to his NCAA wrestling skills and forget about standing with McGregor.

All you need to do is watch a muay thai vs karate fighter video on youtube to see how well Conors tkd style kicks are gonna serve him. He will get his legs chopped out from under him a lot if he goes for a heavy kicking strategy like he did against Chad. Not to mention taken down and clinched. He doesn't have the luxury of having like a foot of reach on RDA like he did both those guys.

RDA said in the interview he is training with a karate fighter who worked in the UFC gym and saw many Mcgregor´s trains there once he finishes his preparations there.
They are working on a lot of movimentation and things Conor does, for the fight.
He says in the interview also that Mcgregor has a problem with that Karate base that is too wide and open for leg kicks

He said that his opponents don't mix too much. Don't use too much leg kicks, TDs. He also said that Conor is open to leg kicks because of his stance.

That means that he will use leg kicks, I guess.

If RDA somehow loses it won´t be because of nerves, emotions or mcgregor´s mental games, or for denying Mcgregor´s abilitys, he analyzed everything very well, he is going to fight like he always does it seems, no external influence at all.

That is exacly how he stopped the baddest FW in the world within seconds. There is absolutely nothing wrong with making the baddest men in the world look like nervous teenage girls..

His kicking game is one of the best in MMA. He's caught many opponents circling away from his left with spinning back kicks and a wheel kick. He dropped Brandao with one. You said "aside" from the Brandao kick and the ones (many) against Chad, but you also left out others, Dustin Poirier included and Dennis Siver.

RDA's "plan" to circle away from his left is something so obvious it's not even worth mentioning. It's the very first thing that any coach, fighter or analyst would think of. Like Conor won't have an answer for it, he already has shown that he does. RDA should stick to his NCAA wrestling skills and forget about standing with McGregor.
he kicked against dustin? hmm, ok. its been a while since that fight

and cmon, siver is like below average fighter, as brandao, thats why i didnt count them much. and RDA wont be as slow and content to be in the fence like chad, he will fight for the position, to back mcgregor up against the fence. he will fight back

yeah, if hes smart he will take him down. but if he takes him down, its probably game over

"http://sportv.globo.com/videos/sens...e-preparacao-para-enfrentar-mcgregor/4829230/

but its in portuguese. 17 min

basically says that mcgregor fights focused in his straight left, is accurate with it, hes open to kicks, dustin was too emotional coming in to the fight
he likes to counter with his straight left, so you just have to wait. we're (RDA) gonna have a gameplan for that

that chad made a terrible mistake by basically only circling to mcgregor's left, and when he circled to the right is when he was most successful in the fight (and that it was a rookie's mistake). chad commited mistakes on the ground too, that he doesnt know how to have proper posture on the ground (?), how to pass guard. when he went for the lame ass guillotine, he had to stabilize his half guard (something like that)

he says he cant shy away from his game, his pressuring style

that aldo tried something that is used a lot against southpaws (straight to the chest and cross with the lead hand (i think thats it) but mcgregor countered it, that mcgregor seems to have studied it. that it was a sad day to everyone
that poeple text him and call him to say "kill kill kill", that you cant take it to the octagon. that if you listen to it and specially in fight week, that can change your mind. that you need to be focused in the octagon

he prefers to submit him in this fight, that it has been a long time since he submitted someone in a fight

he wont waste an opportunity to end the fight, but if he sees that hes completely dominating the fight and that he damaged him a lot in the first round and if he (RDA)'s able to take it to the secound round he will like coast a bit (he kinda like doesnt complete his thought, he says that like he wants to put a beating on mcgregor, make him suffer and all that but then he says like at the end of the rounds he will like put the pressure up and punish him at the end of each round. not sure i got it, if he was the one that didnt say it correctly or if him just stupid)

--

nothing much besides that, but maybe i missed something and some mistranslated stuff, but
he talks about having fear, about how he behaved on the press conference, but nothing really important, not that much, at least"

- Kenny Florian

That is exacly how he stopped the baddest FW in the world within seconds. There is absolutely nothing wrong with making the baddest men in the world look like nervous teenage girls..
yeah, cause RDA will throw caution to the wind like aldo

His kicking game is one of the best in MMA? GTFO here with that bullshit. I dont even think youre that stupid to even believe that crap you just said or maybe I am a fool for giving you the benefit of doubt seeing as you are the worst poster on Sherdog. Next thing you are going to tell me his kicks are as good as Aldo's, pettis, Alves, Barboza and many others right?

Wait tell me this, who has better kicks Connor or RDA? I know I am going LMFAO after hearing your retarded answer.

Thanks for the translation man.

It sounds like RDA has a good mindset going into this fight. I hope he doesn't get too emotional and blow it, because I believe he easily has the tools to win this one, and in pretty dominant fashion too. We know Conor is going to try some shit at the weigh-ins.
ha, not the best translation. i get too lazy with these long videos

yeah, he seems cool. i hope this calmness translates into the actual fight

not sure about the fight. i didnt want any of their win streaks to get broken, but hey, it is what it is
yeah i think if RDA gets him to the ground, its over. standing up is too risky, but on the ground is just game over

All you need to do is watch a muay thai vs karate fighter video on youtube to see how well Conors tkd style kicks are gonna serve him. He will get his legs chopped out from under him a lot if he goes for a heavy kicking strategy like he did against Chad. Not to mention taken down and clinched. He doesn't have the luxury of having like a foot of reach on RDA like he did both those guys.
So it can go either way.

he kicked against dustin? hmm, ok. its been a while since that fight

and cmon, siver is like below average fighter, as brandao, thats why i didnt count them much. and RDA wont be as slow and content to be in the fence like chad, he will fight for the position, to back mcgregor up against the fence. he will fight back

yeah, if hes smart he will take him down. but if he takes him down, its probably game over

Siver was actually Top 10 ranked when Conor beat him. He was considered fringe top 10 and in the top 15 by the rest. It doesn't matter what caliber of fighter they were, circling to their left was the plan. Conor's left is no secret and hasn't been for years. He has the footwork and setups to continuously land it regardless of what they try to do to avoid it. If RDA can take him down and beat him up then that's the smartest solution, but in order to do this he'll have to set his takedowns up. Mendes has an excellent blast double, RDA's got a good double. If RDA wants to get into clinch range with him then he'll need to find a way in without taking damage, punching (jabbing) his way in could work but that opens him up to a cross counter if he isn't careful.

This will be a chess match and I think it'll show that Conor isn't so easy to take down as people believe. Mendes is an elite wrestler and even he wasn't able to take Conor down at will, regardless of what is said on Sherdog. That was an immobile and depleted Conor too. This one won't be, he'll be stronger and more powerful at 155.

ha, not the best translation. i get too lazy with these long videos

yeah, he seems cool. i hope this calmness translates into the actual fight

not sure about the fight. i didnt want any of their win streaks to get broken, but hey, it is what it is
yeah i think if RDA gets him to the ground, its over. standing up is too risky, but on the ground is just game over

Well I'm sure it's a lot of effort, so we appreciate whatever you can do.

I like both guys to. I'm looking at this fight as 50/50. I think the size difference will be completely non-existent; I believe that RDA has more tools to win, yet less chance to get the finish; Conor has less ways to win, but his power is the great equalizer, and I could see him putting RDA to sleep, particularly if RDA gets carried away.

Rooting for RDA though, I've been a fan of his since before I'd ever heard of Conor.

His kicking game is one of the best in MMA? GTFO here with that bullshit. I dont even think youre that stupid to even believe that crap you just said or maybe I am a fool for giving you the benefit of doubt seeing as you are the worst poster on Sherdog. Next thing you are going to tell me his kicks are as good as Aldo's, pettis, Alves, Barboza and many others right?

Wait tell me this, who has better kicks Connor or RDA? I know I am going LMFAO after hearing your retarded answer.

Yawn. You've never analyzed a fight I can tell. Conor's the best linear kicker in the Featherweight division and at 155 he's the best there too. He can also kick well laterally. Talk to any analyst for proof of that. You're one of those fools that believes having good leg kicks and a hard body kick means you're an elite kicker. Anybody can kick the legs and the body hard. Weidman was going tit for tat with Rockhold, the best kicker at Middleweight (him and Machida), trading hard body kicks. Is Weidman an amazing kicker now too? Get a clue.

If RDA can take him down and beat him up and then that's the smartest solution, but in order to do this he'll have to set his takedowns up. Mendes has an excellent blast double, RDA's got a good double. If RDA wants to get into clinch range with him then he'll need to find a way in without taking damage, punching (jabbing) his way in could work but that opens him up to a cross counter if he isn't careful.

This will be a chess match and I think it'll show that Conor isn't so easy to take down as people believe. Mendes is an elite wrestler and even he wasn't able to take Conor down at will, regardless of what is said on Sherdog. That was an immobile and depleted Conor too. This one won't be, he'll be stronger and more powerful at 155.

Good post.

RDA will have to punch and kick his way into the clinch, push McG up against the fence preferably, and secure the double (probably while taking elbows to the side of the head). Mendes has that all-american explosive shot, plus he turns the corner beautifully and that's not really something I've seen from RDA. If RDA can't hang with Conor on the feet for extended periods of time, he's going to have a bad night. I think RDA has pretty good defense though, even though he can get a little sloppy with the way he throws his hooks.

Thanks Toco, good stuff. Sounds like RDA and team are mentally preparing well. In reference to Chad's guillotine mistake-position before submission. Conor nutthuggers will have you believe it was a Maia like choke and McConor did his best ADCC escape impression. Nah.
The oddest thing about Chad desperately going for the chokes and crucifix was that it's not like Mendes' normal game at all. He generally just sits in guard. I get that he's TAM and all, but I honestly can't remember another time Chad went for a choke.

I know he beat Aldo in mental games. He beat Dustin in the same way. he is good at it. But it won´t happen to RDA he is way too strong minded, he has been thru ups and downs in his carreer, he has faced Nate diaz intimidation game, he has beaten the Pettis hype. He is the man for the job.

Yawn. You've never analyzed a fight I can tell. Conor's the best linear kicker in the Featherweight division and at 155 he's the best there too. He can also kick well laterally. Talk to any analyst for proof of that. You're one of those fools that believes having good leg kicks and a hard body kick means you're an elite kicker. Anybody can kick the legs and the body hard. Weidman was going tit for tat with Rockhold, the best kicker at Middleweight (him and Machida), trading hard body kicks. Is Weidman an amazing kicker now too? Get a clue.
Dude the guy you are talking with is a retarded troll who knows nothing about fighting LOL. You can talk about lateral movement and technical boxing all you want but this moron will come up with shit like RDA is a world destroying assassin of the highest order. You are wasting your time and don't worry he won't be back here after March 5th.

Solid thread. I like how well RDA is preparing. I want this fight to go awhile no matter who wins but rooting for RDA.

Back