Media RDA says him vs Islam Oct 30th Abu Dhabi

Islams called him out for a year or 2 & it took RDA this long to respond.
RDA and Islam were literally booked to fight each other twice last year and they each pulled out once. (The short-notice RDA vs. Paul Felder fight happened because Islam had to withdraw. When RDA withdrew earlier Islam didn't get a replacement opponent.)

I'm pissed he wasted years of his prime at 170, he honestly performed really well for being a true 155er, but he would've been a lot more competitive at 155

I kind of thought he had what it took to beat Tyron, who was champ at that time, so I understood the move, but he should have dropped back down to Welterweight after his losses to Colby and Usman. His last three fights at WW against Lee, Edwards and Chiesa were pointless.

I kind of thought he had what it took to beat Tyron, who was champ at that time, so I understood the move, but he should have dropped back down to Welterweight after his losses to Colby and Usman. His last three fights at WW against Lee, Edwards and Chiesa were pointless.
Even Colby and Usman... did anyone think he had a chance to beat them?

I pretty much just stopped thinking about him after he went to WW

It's hilarious looking at RDA's record and then coming on to Sherdog and people saying he's ducking someone.

I cant see a better record and resume than RDA
win or lose , he fought all hte bests in the world and it seems he will continue

Even Colby and Usman... did anyone think he had a chance to beat them?

I pretty much just stopped thinking about him after he went to WW

I thought he had a chance against colby since colby isn't a big WW and doesn't have good enough BJJ to control good guys for long on the mat. I'm pretty sure RDA won two rounds, so it's not like it was a a shut out. He never had a chance against a wrestler Usman's size, though.

How amazing would it be for the guy that had to pull out of his one chance at a red panty night, becoming the guy to lure Khabib out of retirement and beat him?

I imagine that would be a better career accomplishment for RDA, than him ever having gotten the big money Conor fight.

Islam shouldn't accept this fight. RDA has no hype right now. If he wins it will do nothing for him.
I don't understand why he is calling out RDA. He was a great fighter. But he beat Paul Felder the marathon athlete who had no training and sparring.
The UFC is protecting Chandler. Gaethje should refuse to fight Chandler. He won against Hooker and pretends to be the next thing in the UFC.
Islam should fight Chandler.
Islam never gets opponents who are higher ranked. This should end now.
He should fight higher ranked opponents.

Cannot wait for RDA post fight Octagon interview in front of thousands of Muslim fans in Abu Dhabi.

I love RDA as a person. But Dana loves him because he's like the one guy who is stupid enough to take any fight no matter how horrible the matchup is for him, and he has no awareness of the fact that he's getting older and the sport has evolved past where it was when he was a champion. So he's the perfect guy to feed players to move them up the rankings.

He took the Colby fight, he shouldn't have. He took the Usman fight, he shouldn't have. He did frustrate Dana once with Lee, but then he was still a good stepping stone for Edwards. And now Chiesa is near the top of the division as well. And now Dana wants to use him to keep moving Islam up the division. Which I'm fine with, it's a good deal. If RDA had any awareness he wouldn't take the matchup because it's a bad matchup for him, heavy wrestling matchups in general are bad for him, but he doesn't, which is what makes him such a reliable stepping stone.

Like, I bet after this fight he'd agree to fight like Tsarukyan or Gillespie or Gamrot, or some other terrible matchup for him just to shift that guy into the top 10. I don't think he'll learn.

He had beaten Magny, Saffedeine, and Lawler at 170.

Colby and Usman are the best guys and he had champ aspirations.

Why shouldnt he have fought them?

How many wrestlers are going to crush RDA before he realises he needs to get better wrestling or just avoid wrestlers. 100% gets wrestle fucked and possibly finished at by Islam at this stage of their careers.

But back then Khabib was Champion

In his own word he "Literally" said that the LW division is now wide open that Khabib is retired and that he'll be staying at Light Weight now

That doesn't really contradict what I was saying, but yeah. That makes sense too.

just when you could of got it

you stubby your toe again

should have let Khabib out of it
he already sonned you
True, but that was when they fought for peanuts. Fighting the current Khabib (if Khabib would make the comeback to "revenge Islam") is guaranteed biggest payday of his life.

True, but that was when they fought for peanuts. Fighting the current Khabib (if Khabib would make the comeback to "revenge Islam") is guaranteed biggest payday of his life.

RDA got slapped by McGregor and did absolutely nothing according to Islam

why nobody talking bout this ?
<KhabibBS>

You're an idiot. A real idiot..

36 years old, 2-4 in his last 6 ragdolled by wrestlers in every single one of those losses. He's every wrestlers stepping stone to a titleshot. He's a low risk high reward name to make one dimensional blankets look good.

Gatekeeper.

Holy shit. I thought he would be pushing to avenge that loss to Ferguson.

Back