RDA on Cerrone: "He was already caught doping. I'm not a friend he can joke with"

The reason you are getting shit is cause you are accusing someone of cheating when there isn't much reason to think he is. So since there isn't really a logical reason to single him out and say he's cheating then we are thinking of illogical reasons you may have for saying he is. His body didn't magically transform, it happened gradually over years and he's only 30, he's still probably going to be improving for another 2-5 years.

i'll just put this bluntly

you know absolutely nothing about natural human performance. in just about every physically demanding sport you are physically on the decline by 28

hockey
soccer
football
etc

yeah theres outliers that hang on and extend their prime and guys who find other ways to be effective when their athleticism starts to decline but the number of pro athletes making notable athletic gains at 28 is pretty much non existant

im talking about physically demanding sports like mma. not something like power lifting (lol is that even a clean "sport")

please fill me in on the athletes that have made notable improvements in physically demanding sports at 28+. again the only guys i can think of are some MMA fighters and baseball players that are either beyond suspicious or actually pissed hot

i'll just put this bluntly

you know absolutely nothing about natural human performance. in just about every physically demanding sport you are physically on the decline by 28

hockey
soccer
football
etc

yeah theres outliers that hang on and extend their prime and guys who find other ways to be effective when their athleticism starts to decline but the number of pro athletes making notable athletic gains at 28 is pretty much non existant

im talking about physically demanding sports like mma. not something like power lifting (lol is that even a clean "sport")

please fill me in on the athletes that have made notable improvements in physically demanding sports at 28+. again the only guys i can think of are some MMA fighters and baseball players that are either beyond suspicious or actually pissed hot

Not in MMA(unless the fighter starts fighting young and has a lot of fights like a lot of former Pride guys) and not for weight lifting. Put anyone on a weight training program in their early 20s for 10 years and they will be stronger at 30 then they will be at 28, unless they have some injury between 28 and 30.

Yes, I power lifted and won twice while in HS, you sound like a tool that never played or competed in sports at a high level and are bitterly talking out your ass.

This idea that strength falls off at 28 is the opposite of reality.

Using something to help you cut weight is a bit different than taking steroids for whatever reasons.

You're saying this as if both off them popped and one is worse than the other... Completely missing the point of what RDA was saying

LOL. Nice then. I would add Andrei Arlovski too.

Resurgence? I would say improvement.

im not impressed with any HW's except pre injury/layoff cain and pre vicious beatings JDS. AA climbed the ladder in a division that is incredibly weak. is it suspicious? sure but his performances werent exactly great. he was gifted a decision vs schaub and his chin barely held up in a slugfest with browne. big win and great fight but he didnt look like a superstar either. the bigfoot mir and AA beat looked absolutely awful. he was saved by the bell in his last fight. he looked better in his last fight which i also find suspicious since bigfoot has already been caught

comparing these guys to what RDA did in less that 2 years is kind of ridiculous. seriously go watch the dunham fight again. it was less than two years later he smashed pettis. it was 1 and 3 months after the dunham fight when he went on his run to smash diaz, bendo, and pettis

for the 100th time we arent talking about skill or technique. we are talking about athleticism. speed, strength, and endurance. none of the guys mentioned even made notable improvements athletically, never mind exceptional. seriously comparing matt brown, AA, werdum, etc to what RDA did is ridiculous. the reason you cant find someone making the jump like RDA is because what he did is exceptional

the sport is rampant with ped abuse. here we have a guy making exceptional gains at 28 and all im hearing back is feeble justification

Not in MMA(unless the fighter starts fighting young and has a lot of fights like a lot of former Pride guys) and not for weight lifting. Put anyone on a weight training program in their early 20s for 10 years and they will be stronger at 30 then they will be at 28, unless they have some injury between 28 and 30.

Yes, I power lifted and won twice while in HS, you sound like a tool that never played or competed in sports at a high level and are bitterly talking out your ass.

This idea that strength falls off at 28 is the opposite of reality.

no i lift weights now. not a power lifter. i had an offer to play pro hockey but went back to school instead (not nhl obv).i was a 2 time district 100m champion. i know and understand athletics from first hand experience. i know about going from 28-30 from experience. i also know from observation. im a fan of athletically demanding sports. i see how players age in them

the fact you dont understand the difference between power lifting and athleticism is probably a big part of the problem. moving iron up and down isnt the same as actually playing sports. you can talk about power lifting all you want but its not relevant and i honestly cant speak intelligently about it because im not a dedicated power lifter nor do i follow the "sport"

gymnastics is more of an athletic sport than powerlifting fyi

RDA didnt benefit from some sort of power lifting type of gain. are you just completely out to lunch? RDA how did you go from being gifted a decsion to dunham where he was stronger and had better cardio to going on a run 1.25 years later where you absolutely stomp diaz for 3 rounds, steamroll bendo, and then stomp pettis in what was one of the best displays in cardio all in less than 2 years from being gifted the dunham decision? powerlifting bro

no i lift weights now. not a power lifter. i had an offer to play pro hockey but went back to school instead (not nhl obv).i was a 2 time district 100m champion. i know and understand athletics from first hand experience. i know about going from 28-30 from experience. i also know from observation. im a fan of athletically demanding sports. i see how players age in them

the fact you dont understand the difference between power lifting and athleticism is probably a big part of the problem. moving iron up and down isnt the same as actually playing sports. you can talk about power lifting all you want but its not relevant and i honestly cant speak intelligently about it because im not a dedicated power lifter nor do i follow the "sport"

gymnastics is more of an athletic sport than powerlifting fyi

RDA didnt benefit from some sort of power lifting type of gain. are you just completely out to lunch? RDA how did you go from being gifted a decsion to dunham where he was stronger and had better cardio to going on a run 1.25 years later where you absolutely stomp diaz for 3 rounds, steamroll bendo, and then stomp pettis in what was one of the best displays in cardio all in less than 2 years from being gifted the dunham decision? powerlifting bro

I do understand, what I don't understand is why you think it's so crazy that a guy got a little bit more muscular and toned in a 2 year period and act like that's not possible without PEDs. It just sounds like something someone wouldn't say if they were an athlete like you say you were.

Have you ever wrestled? Look at the average wrestler at the beginning of wrestling season compared to the end, there is more of a difference in their physique in that time frame than RDA's from the Dunham fight to the Pettis fight.

You are underrating the shit out of Dunham, Sean Sherk one of the strongest LWs probably ever and he struggled to outgrapple Dunham and really could not manhandle him. You also don't seem to realize that height helps in the clinch or else you wouldn't be so confused at why Dunham did better in the clinch than Pettis and Melendez who are shorter and have less leverage in the clinch.

I've improved my physique more over the course of a wrestling season than RDA did in a 2 year period, are you going to accuse me of steroid use?

You're seeing what you want to see, yes it's possible RDA is on something just like anyone else but there is no reason to think that based on how gradual the change to his body was.

If you don't trust my opinion then go with Pat Miletich's who says that most fighters primes is 28-32(RDA is 30) and that's the range when you develop your man strength and aren't quite falling off physically but have a good amount of experience.

This idea that you all of a sudden fall off physically and suddenly at 30 is stupid, it can start then but it can also take till like 32-34.

Last edited:
I do understand, what I don't understand is why you think it's so crazy that a guy got a little bit more muscular and toned in a 2 year period and act like that's not possible without PEDs. It just sounds like something someone wouldn't say if they were an athlete like you say you were.

Have you ever wrestled? Look at the average wrestler at the beginning of wrestling season compared to the end, there is more of a difference in their physique in that time frame than RDA's from the Dunham fight to the Pettis fight.

You are underrating the shit out of Dunham, Sean Sherk one of the strongest LWs probably ever and he struggled to outgrapple Dunham and really could not manhandle him. You also don't seem to realize that height helps in the clinch or else you wouldn't be so confused at why Dunham did better in the clinch than Pettis and Melendez who are shorter and have less leverage in the clinch.

I've improved my physique more over the course of a wrestling season than RDA did in a 2 year period, are you going to accuse me of steroid use?

You're seeing what you want to see, yes it's possible RDA is on something just like anyone else but there is no reason to think that based on how gradual the change to his body was.

If you don't trust my opinion then go with Pat Miletich's who says that most fighters primes is 28-32(RDA is 30) and that's the range when you develop your man strength and aren't quite falling off physically but have a good amount of experience.

This idea that you all of a sudden fall off physically and suddenly at 30 is stupid, it can start then but it can also take till like 32-34.
you continue to make false and out of context statements. stop talking about RDA's appearance as if its even half as important as his performance. stop pretending like im talking about RDA appearance

i also never said or suggested you fall off suddenly at 28. i said you dont make remarkable athletic gains at 28 in less than 2 years as a seasoned pro athlete

if you have to twist my statements and pov in to complete bullshit, maybe that says something about the strength of your argument

you continue to make false and out of context statements. stop talking about RDA's appearance as if its even half as important as his performance. stop pretending like im talking about RDA appearance

i also never said or suggested you fall off suddenly at 28. i said you dont make remarkable athletic gains at 28 in less than 2 years as a seasoned pro athlete

if you have to twist my statements and pov in to complete bullshit, maybe that says something about the strength of your argument

I think that's just a false narrative you are spinning.

I think your argument is bs, RDA isn't a lot more athletic, he has simply gotten better as a fighter skill wise as he's changed training camps and improved his S&C over 2+ years, from the age of 28-30.

I don't what about that is odd especially when another guy that did that who is older in Werdum is now champion.

Maybe Kings is a good training camp and maybe Nick Curson is a good S&C coach.

RDA should relax and Cerrone should talk less. Cerrone even admitted he talked about PEDs just to get a rise from RDA and get a title shot. RDA shouldn't take things in the fight promotion game so serious. Cerrone doesn't give a $hit about that kind of stuff IMO. He wants to make money. However he can make money is the route he'll take. Good for him.

Back