RDA on Cerrone: "He was already caught doping. I'm not a friend he can joke with"

Is using a diuretic considered "doping" really?

tell that to cyborg haters ;)

Umm

www.bloodyelbow.com/cyborg-santos-steroids-positive-test
A very major development in the world of women's mixed martial arts as the suspicions of many appear to have been confirmed. The state of California has released a press release stating that Cristiane Santos, better known as "Cyborg" has tested positive for steroids.

From the release:

The California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) has suspended the license of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighter Cristiane Justino Santos, better known in MMA circles as Cris Cyborg, and has fined her $2,500 as the result of a positive test for a banned substance.

Santos' December 16, 2011 drug test came back positive for stanozolol metabolites. CSAC learned of the test results December 23, 2011 and suspended Santos's license, with the suspension applied retroactively to December 16, 2011. In accordance with Rule 368, the result of her last fight between Hiroko Yamanaka will be changed to a "No Decision".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanozolol
Stanozolol, commonly sold under the name Winstrol (oral) and Winstrol Depot (intramuscular), is a synthetic anabolic steroid derived from dihydrotestosterone.

Unlike most injectable anabolic steroids, stanozolol is not esterified and is sold as an aqueous suspension, or in oral tablet form.

Stanozolol is one of the anabolic steroids commonly used as performance enhancing drugs and is banned from use in sports competition under the auspices of the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) and many other sporting bodies.

Taking a diuretic is pretty stupid in most cases and IMO shows a lack of discipline or dietary/knowledge on cutting but wouldn't consider it the same as cycling steroids.

if i remember right Wanderlei if banned bc of diuretic plus that running shit.

if i remember right Wanderlei if banned bc of diuretic plus that running shit.

Wand said he ran because he had taken a diuretic. There was no test actually taken.

Wand lied because he didn't want to say he ran because of steroids.

I see that this thread is still active and numerous people have responded to my comment saying that diuretics are a masking agent but seeing as how he wasn't caught with steroids, it's pure conjecture. Water is a masking agent, he was caught for using a diuretic which could easily have been used to help cut extra water weight for whatever reason. Lets focus on the facts.

I see that this thread is still active and numerous people have responded to my comment saying that diuretics are a masking agent but seeing as how he wasn't caught with steroids, it's pure conjecture. Water is a masking agent, he was caught for using a diuretic which could easily have been used to help cut extra water weight for whatever reason. Lets focus on the facts.

Facts are, Cerrone has popped for doping. RDA has not. Lets focus on the facts. One has been caught cheating. One hasn't.

He was already caught doping, and I haven't

It's funny he says he hasn't been caught. Sort of implies there's something to catch. I like RDA, but that's a strange choice of words.

Its very much worth noting that Cerrone has always been very open about his failed test. And i don't mean just recently, I mean from the moment it happened he owned up to it and explained what happened. He was on the Tapout show at the time too so all of this is documented. He's also said, since 2008, numerous times for WEC/UFC to test him to prove he's clean.

For those who don't know, it was his WEC debut 8+ years ago (small time WEC, still had a heavyweight division, no Sean Shelby yet), Cerrone got a staph infection leading up to the fight, the doctor gave him a bunch of meds and he said it made him feel terrible and couldn't train so the doctor gave him Hydrochlorothiazide to flush that out of his system. He never said that was an excuse or appealed (this was a time when fighters could keep a win if the failed substance was proven to give no advantage), took his win overturn and suspension. He was quoted at the time saying it was good for him, taught him to pay attention to what he's doing.

He completely owned up to it, has never denied it, and explained that the moment the test came back, plus he was nothing when this happened; 8 years and 27 (yes 27) fights later, has never had a test issue again.

It's funny he says he hasn't been caught. Sort of implies there's something to catch. I like RDA, but that's a strange choice of words.

English isn't his native language. Have you ever met any Brazilians or Portuguese people that don't speak English as a native language? Their word choices are often strange, it's cause they don't use the same words or phrases in their native languages that are used in English.

at 28 he fought dunham. the fight was super close. i thought dunhm won. dunham was physically stronger in the clinch, better grappler, and better cardio. fast forward less than 2 years and RDA puts on a grappling, strength, and cardio display that makes gil and bendo look like amateurs

from 28 to 30 years old an epic leap in athleticism and endurance from a fighter with 30 pro fights. its really hard for an athlete already at the pro level to make a giant leap in athleticism. its also hard for a guy whos 28 to be way more athletic than when hes 30. shit is backwards

is it proof? no. its certainly highly suspicious in a sport rampant with PED abuse though. would anyone defending RDA admit they think he was using if he pisses clean and looks mediocre vs cerrone? cowboy is like 2 levels below pettis

You can change a lot in 2 years man. I'm pretty sure RDA changed his S&C coach in the last 2-3 years too.

You wouldn't be saying this bullshit if he didn't beat up someone you like or wasn't Brazilian. Ben Henderson has never been a super physically imposing fighter, he's more about timing than manhandling someone Khabib style and Melendez is at the tail end of his career. Dunham is also taller than these guys if i'm not mistaken which gives him a leverage advantage in the clinch.

I don't know what the fuck you are talking about with age either, if you continue to lift weights in your mid to late 20s into your 30s you will have more muscle mass and be stronger in your early to mid 30s then you will be in your mid to late 20s.

Look at power lifting, most of the best guys are in the 30-36 range not 24-28.

at 28 he fought dunham. the fight was super close. i thought dunhm won. dunham was physically stronger in the clinch, better grappler, and better cardio. fast forward less than 2 years and RDA puts on a grappling, strength, and cardio display that makes gil and bendo look like amateurs

from 28 to 30 years old an epic leap in athleticism and endurance from a fighter with 30 pro fights. its really hard for an athlete already at the pro level to make a giant leap in athleticism. its also hard for a guy whos 28 to be way more athletic than when hes 30. shit is backwards

is it proof? no. its certainly highly suspicious in a sport rampant with PED abuse though. would anyone defending RDA admit they think he was using if he pisses clean and looks mediocre vs cerrone? cowboy is like 2 levels below pettis

Guys get better. Lawler, Werdum, Hunt, Rothwell, Matt Brown all had major resurgences late in their careers.

LW division has tons of parity. Dunham was a couple wins from being a contender at one point. He gave a prime Sherk all he could handle. Pettis got muscled my Clay Guida just a few years ago.

Pissed off RDA is quite scary. I loved the thrashing he gave to Nate Diaz.

You can change a lot in 2 years man. I'm pretty sure RDA changed his S&C coach in the last 2-3 years too.

You wouldn't be saying this bullshit if he didn't beat up someone you like or wasn't Brazilian. Ben Henderson has never been a super physically imposing fighter, he's more about timing than manhandling someone Khabib style and Melendez is at the tail end of his career. Dunham is also taller than these guys if i'm not mistaken which gives him a leverage advantage in the clinch.

I don't know what the fuck you are talking about with age either, if you continue to lift weights in your mid to late 20s into your 30s you will have more muscle mass and be stronger in your early to mid 30s then you will be in your mid to late 20s.

Look at power lifting, most of the best guys are in the 30-36 range not 24-28.

its super annoying when people try to twist it in to a brazil thing when you question sper shady shit. i love brazil. i was just there and rio might be my favorite city on the planet

this isnt power lifting. in what other sport has a seasoned pro made a leap in athletic performance at that age? besides guys like mcguire, sosa, clemens, etc

it doesnt happen and its not natural. its not just strength, its strength and cardio. its a sport rampant with abuse and here we have a guy that made some incredible improvements in a short time. not technical but physical. these gains counter his age. hes not 22-26, this is from 28-30

i dont get how people can aggressively defend this situation in this sport. yeah its possible hes clean but come on
Guys get better. Lawler, Werdum, Hunt, Rothwell, Matt Brown all had major resurgences late in their careers.

LW division has tons of parity. Dunham was a couple wins from being a contender at one point. He gave a prime Sherk all he could handle. Pettis got muscled my Clay Guida just a few years ago.
lawler is the only guy on that list i will accept. and yeah im suspicious of lawler also. not to mention he lost to hendricks anyways

werdum has improved his striking technique not his athleticism. how good did he look vs hunt in the first round? hunt learned a bit of grappling. he didnt turn in to beastmode slamming guys or a cardio machine. matt browns biggest win is eric silva. he didnt steam roll eric silva even. he survived the first round and beat him up via cardio. ok maybe tim means is his biggest win. he didnt steamroll him either. that was a tough fight for him. how is matt fucking brown being compared to the resurgence of RDA?

Good points, especially about the parity at LW, it's probably got the most parity of any division. Dunham could easily be a top 5 LW with the right match ups and a 50/50 decision going his way when they normally don't.

its super annoying when people try to twist it in to a brazil thing when you question sper shady shit. i love brazil. i was just there and rio might be my favorite city on the planet

this isnt power lifting. in what other sport has a seasoned pro made a leap in athletic performance at that age? besides guys like mcguire, sosa, clemens, etc

it doesnt happen and its not natural. its not just strength, its strength and cardio. its a sport rampant with abuse and here we have a guy that made some incredible improvements in a short time. not technical but physical. these gains counter his age. hes not 22-26, this is from 28-30

i dont get how people can aggressively defend this situation in this sport. yeah its possible hes clean but come on

lawler is the only guy on that list i will accept. and yeah im suspicious of lawler also. not to mention he lost to hendricks anyways

werdum has improved his striking technique not his athleticism. how good did he look vs hunt in the first round? hunt learned a bit of grappling. he didnt turn in to beastmode slamming guys or a cardio machine. matt browns biggest win is eric silva. he didnt steam roll eric silva even. he survived the first round and beat him up via cardio. ok maybe tim means is his biggest win. he didnt steamroll him either. that was a tough fight for him. how is matt fucking brown being compared to the resurgence of RDA?

The reason you are getting shit is cause you are accusing someone of cheating when there isn't much reason to think he is. So since there isn't really a logical reason to single him out and say he's cheating then we are thinking of illogical reasons you may have for saying he is. His body didn't magically transform, it happened gradually over years and he's only 30, he's still probably going to be improving for another 2-5 years.

Dunham did better against RDA in the clinch than those other fighters you mentioned cause he's taller and he's better in that position, RDA also had 2 years to improve between the Dunham fight and those other fights you mentioned which he did. There are logical reasons/explanations for pretty much everything you said was "suspicious".

I like Cerrone but the last time he talked this much he got destroyed by Pettis.

Cerrone has gotten alot better since that Pettis fight though.

But yeah, Diaz talked shit to RDA too and look how that turned out for him.

What he said.

No, diuretics should be treated no differently than steroids cause diuretics can mask the use of steroids so if you are found using diuretics you might have also been using steroids.

LOL. Nice then. I would add Andrei Arlovski too.

how is matt fucking brown being compared to the resurgence of RDA?

Resurgence? I would say improvement.

Back