RDA lost to six foot monsters

It's sad because he ended up going right back to LW anyway.

If he took the weight cutting as seriously as he does now, his career would be totally different.

Edwards, Usman, Chiesa, Colby isnt 6 feet but he’s bigger than RDA

he shouldn’t have gone to WW. Anyone would have got thrown around by those big guys.

Conor was offered a shot at Usman and was radio silent.

Actually, none of these guys are 6' lol. They are 5'11 at best. Also RDA has submitted legit 6'3 Neil Magny so, stop it.

Chiesa is not a "monster"
Chiesa is on a 3 fight win streak at WW against RDA, Condit and Diego. Not bad at all. Oddly enough he’s also one of the biggest guys at WW and probably would do fine at MW. He looked bigger than Cannonier when they met at Fight Island and Jared used to be a HW.

Actually, none of these guys are 6' lol. They are 5'11 at best. Also RDA has submitted legit 6'3 Neil Magny so, stop it.
Edwards is 6’2, Chiesa is 6’1 and Usman is 6’. They are all way bigger than RDA

No excuses he went to ww cause he got beat down at lw.

I mean, he got caught vs Eddie and had a very competitive and close 5 round fight vs Ferguson that was a 48-47 loss.

I feel like a lot of sherdoggers don't watch much MMA and have a sensationalized revisionists history from reading wiki results.

I mean, he got caught vs Eddie and had a very competitive and close 5 round fight vs Ferguson that was a 48-47 loss.

I feel like a lot of sherdoggers don't watch much MMA and have a sensationalized revisionists history from reading wiki results.
Not at all I’ve been watching ufc from day one ufc 1. He lost a few and moved up. Before his title run clay, lil evil, I think Tyson griffin among others beat him.

Not at all I’ve been watching ufc from day one ufc 1. He lost a few and moved up. Before his title run clay, lil evil, I think Tyson griffin among others beat him.

The fights vs Guida, Stephens and Tyson had nothing to do with him moving up, he later after those fights went on to become the LW champion and continued to improve. He got caught by Eddie, I personally feel at that point in Alvarez and Anjos's career RDA was the better man and would have won 7 or 8 out of 10 times if they fought. The extremely close 5 round fight vs Ferguson in retrospect shows us RDA was still very much elite at LW and a top 5 guy.

Unfortunately RDA was getting further into his 30s and cuts a lot of weight so he wanted to see what moving up and taking the weight cut largely out of the equation would do for his career.. He never had the frame to grow into a WW like Chiesa or Northcutt unfortunately, he's more like Dober a stocky LW with a lot of muscle that has hard cuts. He

He was hospitalizing himself making LW.

Let's get that 165 division rolling.

Chiesa described as a monster?
Never thought I would see the day

Edwards, Usman, Chiesa, Colby isnt 6 feet but he’s bigger than RDA

he shouldn’t have gone to WW. Anyone would have got thrown around by those big guys.

Conor was offered a shot at Usman and was radio silent.
Ok boss.

No not a gatekeeper but that’s why he moved up he knew he wasn’t get a title shot for awhile. He had to go to the back of the line.
No, he did it cuz of weight issues. He said it was too much to sacrafice when he's already been champion in that division and had like 20 fights in it, so he was gonna move up. At the time, he easily could have been back in the title picture, and sooner than he would at WW.

When he said he was gonna move up was still just ranked #4. The only people ahead of him were Eddie, and Khabib & Tony who were getting booked to fight each other. Justin & Dustin didn't really exist at the time. In his position, planning on earning a title shot would really have been as easy as beating just 2 of people like Barboza, Diaz, or Johnson, and maybe getting a shot at any of the guys above him. It just so happens that Tony and Khabib would end up falling apart again and Conor would be stripped after 15 months of inactivity. And it just so happened that RDA had a perfect WW run, speeding him up to the interim title fight. I very much doubt he thought there was no way he'd beat Tony, Khabib, or Eddie, while also thinking he could run through people like Condit, Maia, Wonderboy, Lawler, & Woodley.

Back