News RDA Injured, fight vs. Islam Makhachev in jeopardy for UFC 267

Most likely they are going to pull Islam from the card. And he will fight Dariush next year. I remember Dana saying thats a fight they want to make.

Lets see if hooker will fight islam now
He might actually take the fight. But seriously I doubt he's fighting again on a quick turnaround. Maybe though if he stayed in the US after his win and he's still in the US.

Gillespie should step in. That would be a crazy fight, and with a W it could wipe that Lee lose.

Reactions: MT7
Dan Hooker vs RDA makes sense now around Jan 2022.

Islam and Dariush can fight on the same card as Oliveira and Dustin so that they have backup in case something happens to one of Oliveira or Dustin.

Guess it was not meant to be, are they beating the Khabib Vs Tony record yet?
Hooker or Dariush then (although the later is managed by Ali too so they might try to avoid it)
Im with you, its time to skip that matchup but the only reason the matchmakers made that fight is the other top 5 fighters are locked against each other and RDA was not.

But then we have Dariush……

Dariush has earned a meaningful fight, if you expect him to fight Makhachev then you have to put a title eliminator on it.

Because I can guarantee he would much rather fight Justin Gaethje and move up in the rankings and be the presumptive next contender than fight someone behind him for no payoff.

Wow you make bad guarantees, Justin is like Dariush best friend he definitely doesn't want to fight him probably would only do it for the undisputed title.

Islam v. Dariush would be lit.
I get that they have the same manager but they worked it out with Khabib and Gaethje so why not

I get that they have the same manager but they worked it out with Khabib and Gaethje so why not

I'd feel bad for Dariush if he had to fight Islam, he's working his way to the title then he runs in to Islam smh. I'd rather they face each other as late as possible if their paths crossed.

I'd feel bad for Dariush if he had to fight Islam, he's working his way to the title then he runs in to Islam smh. I'd rather they face each other as late as possible if their paths crossed.
Yep but Dariush is one tough mofo; hits hard and a grappling wiz in his own right.
That wouldn't be so easy for Islam at all.

That the fight to make and it should be 5 rounder. Move from the RDA fight and like ackmed said let him fight Hooker.

Islam said hes open to fight Beneil but the question is what does Beneil want?

He fought Ferguson in may, Chandler/Gaethje fighting in november and Oliveira/Poirier fighting in December. So he have no one to fight. Make the damn Makhachaev fight

Hopefully we've all figured out Islam doesn't run his social media accounts.

And I fully believe Khabib pays all his bills for him.

Islam vs Dariush.
FFS this is the fight that should've been made originally.

RDA needs to rematch Ferguson.

That the fight to make and it should be 5 rounder. Move from the RDA fight and like ackmed said let him fight Hooker.

Islam said hes open to fight Beneil but the question is what does Beneil want?

He fought Ferguson in may, Chandler/Gaethje fighting in november and Oliveira/Poirier fighting in December. So he have no one to fight. Make the damn Makhachaev fight
Yes

Hopefully we've all figured out Islam doesn't run his social media accounts.

And I fully believe Khabib pays all his bills for him.

FFS this is the fight that should've been made originally.

RDA needs to rematch Ferguson.
Khabib is a good man, of course he will help his brother Islam. They have known eacher since they were kids.

Khabib even paid for GOATS hotel room.

GSP
“Last time I was in Moscow, he was very nice. I was there to corner a training partner of mine. I was in a hotel with a lot of fans, so he paid a room for me at the St. Regis Hotel. He said, ‘Georges don’t stay at this hotel, there’s too many fans there. I book you a room, it’s on me. I book you a room, just stay there. Don’t drink alcohol because of my religion’. I said yeah for sure, and he booked me a room. That’s how much of a nice guy he is.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.es...erre-shares-a-story-from-his-russia-trip/amp/

Back