RDA has ducked the two most dangerous fights of his career

Wasn't Pettis favored to come in beat dos Anjos in spectacular fashion?

Cerrone
Khabib
Jason High
Benson
Nate Diaz
Pettis
Cerrone
Eddie Alvarez
Tony Ferguson
Saffiedine
Magny
Lawler
Colby
Usman
Kevin Lee
Leon Edwards
Chiesa
Felder

^^ This is the list of people RDA has fought over the last 8 years. Probably the craziest schedule in the sport over that time span. I don't even think most champions have had to fight the quality of fighters RDA has had to fight on a regular basis for so long. Jason High and Tarec were his only real steps down in an 8 year span. Even then it's not like they suck, they're just not at the level of the rest of what he's faced
Calling RDA a duck is idiotic

He was a dead man walking on the build up to McNuggets. And Islam has very little threats at 155. He tried to stay in the headlines by taking this fight by never had any intention of actually making the fight. Is he the biggest ducker at 155 ever? Or has there been someone worse?
Well McNuggets got the fights he wanted from uncle Dana (easy road to the title), and never defended his title or rematched a fight (his words: I pick the fights, beg me, etc.)

I don't think there is any proof, other than the fact that 'circumstances' lead him out of the lions den in both those fights. But I'm not a big believer in coincidences... especially if the coincidence prevents someone from losing badly.

So your view is that fighters are rarely injured involuntarily, but when they are, the only fights it disrupts are those the injured fighter would probably have won?

So your view is that fighters are rarely injured involuntarily, but when they are, the only fights it disrupts are those the injured fighter would probably have won?
I hate Conor, check my post history if you think I’m lying but he would have murdered RDA. And he has a terrible, and likely worse chance against Islam

Great rebuttal, that's for sure. And there probably is a lot of truth to this... But here's the thing: When something happens once, people suspect the worst. When it happens again in similar circumstances, people really suspect. I offer nothing more than my suspicions, which are that RDA, while a fantastic fighter, probably has something were he chokes before a big fight. It's easy to claim an injury beforehand because you don't need to produce anything.

To me, it's just suspicious that the two fights that would have certainly turned out wrong for him were the ones that he was injured for. If he was legit hurt those two times, perhaps he should play the lottery...
If he would have definitely lost to Conor, it would have been because he was about to lose to anyone with his, at the time, weight cutting issues. He'd be dangerous any other time of his career. And even if he lost, it's a huge payday. Add onto the fact you're ignoring all the times that didn't happen against clearly worse threats (he very clearly had less chance against Usman than he would have against Conor), and that's a pretty stupid suspicion to come up with

I hate Conor, check my post history if you think I’m lying but he would have murdered RDA. And he has a terrible, and likely worse chance against Islam
Forget to switch accounts again? Shame you had to log into your alt to tell everyone "ya know, TS has a point.."

- Former Lightweight champion
- 30 fights inside de octagon
- Some high level wins: Lawler, Magny, Felder, Cerrone, Pettis. Nate and Bendo
- Some high level losses: Khabib, Edwards, Usman, Covington, Ferguson and Alvarez

I wish the ufc had more ducks like RDA.

And you, sir, you are a cunt.

I’m saying that his pull-out game is so strong that Nick Cannon should be taking lessons.

Fucking lol at saying RDA would duck. Guy says yes to every bad match up no worries

RDA put his belt on the line and fought when he was passed out unconscious backstage inthr Alvarez fight. What's the opposite of duck? ... Goose?

You know like duck duck goose.

If anything he's goose.

You fucking quack

I’m saying that his pull-out game is so strong that Nick Cannon should be taking lessons.
He's hard surgery bud, you really think he faked having surgery to avoid fighting Islam yet took on the better version of Islam in Khabib? Fights Usman but ducks Conor? Surely you're just taking the mickey, or at least I hope you are. That or your OP's alt account.

WTF is wrong with you motherfuckers acting like the UFC goes on the honor system as far as reporting injuries. These things are verified independently.

He was a dead man walking on the build up to McNuggets. And Islam has very little threats at 155. He tried to stay in the headlines by taking this fight by never had any intention of actually making the fight. Is he the biggest ducker at 155 ever? Or has there been someone worse?
I usually like your stuff but horrible take.

That just doesn't add up TS.
RDA didn't receive a title shot until he was on the wrong side of 30. So a fighter that had to of acknowledged his prime was nearing its end, and also been ragdolled by Khabib a year prior felt he had to avoid his biggest payday of his career?

Think about that, RDA has a very competent ground game and his biggest payday he'll ever see is (at the time) considered a novice on the ground and only prior losses were all by submission.

Following his injury he fights Eddie, who on paper was the far more dangerous fight. Just to stay busy instead of waiting for McGregor, who has once again shown a weakness to the ground game as well as suspect cardio.

Losses his title, losses to Ferguson, khabib is back. Moves up and beats a solid striker in Saffedine, rangy striker in Magney and then beats Lawler to start his losing streak. Losses to the top 3 WW's and now LW transplant in Chiesa and moves back to LW. A fighter who has a long history of taking every fight available avoids Islam after publicly calling him out and decides "screw that I'll wait for somebody else" suddenly? Forget how the company will react, as they always look down on a pull out especially close to fight date. A prideful fighter like RDA is not accepting that

Yes, the guy who fought Khabib, Usman and Colby ducked Conor and Islam

<36>

RDA is the prototype of Brazilian who will fight anyone.

You’re being blatantly disingenuous... I’ll just drop this here...

RDA’s resume includes

Kamaru Usman— UFC WW Champ
Khabib Nurmagomedov— Former UFC LW Champ
Robbie Lawler— Former UFC WW Champ
Tony Ferguson Former— Interim UFC LW Champ
Eddie Alvarez— Former UFC LW Champ
Anthony Pettis— Former UFC LW Champ
Benson Henderson— Former UFC LW Champ

And those are just the names who have held UFC Gold...

His full list of opponents is a murderers row FFS...

Back