RDA GETS NO RESPECT...

BrazilPitbullUS

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
All I've been hearing since RDA put on a masterful performance against Kevin Lee is what's going on with Kevin Lee. Luke Thomas being probably the best mma journalist made a video about a appreciation of RDA and listed off all his wins and all the great accomplishments. I wish he had talked about his losses cause if you look at them closely you'll see how good he actually looked in everyone of his UFC losses. Stephens he got KOed in the 3rd won rounds 1 and 2. Tibau was a split decision, Tyson Griffin very early on(Career) and if you go back and watch that its razor close match. Khabib beat him in a decision that there was almost know damage taken by RDA. Seriously i'm too lazy to go finding the stats but i'm willing to bet that RDA has taken less punishment then any other Khabib opponent. Eddie Alvarez caught him with a wide winging wild right hook that found his jaw and still didn't knock RDA down. He was so dazed he took too long to get control of his coordination but still never even hit the floor. Tony Ferguson beat him in a 5 round war that RDA also probably one the first 2 rounds and a controversial eye poke in the middle of the fight might have had some impact. Colby Covington was also another one where RDA probably one 2 of the 5 rounds but ultimately he's a natural 155er and Kamaru Usman made him look the worse anyone has in his career. What's my point, well its that Rafael Dos Anjos is a UFC future hall of famer and probably one of the greatest of all time, especially one that never had a long title run. I'm sure Kevin Lee has a bright future but lets start getting some big fights for RDA, maybe he can go back to 155 for a straight title shot.

That is how the MMA media works. Jessica Andrade smashes Thug Rose and the story is about "how Thug Rose was winning before she lost" "Jessica Andrade had a fluke smash KO" "Jessica Andrade tapped."

Kevin Lee is trendier than RDA, so the story is going to focus on Kevin Lee, because most people are going to click if they see Kevin Lee's name than RDA's.

The sport is saturated by low IQ McGregor type fans, and it's no surprise they aren't into RDA.

giphy.gif

Why you here then?

All I've been hearing since RDA put on a masterful performance against Kevin Lee is what's going on with Kevin Lee. Luke Thomas being probably the best mma journalist made a video about a appreciation of RDA and listed off all his wins and all the great accomplishments. I wish he had talked about his losses cause if you look at them closely you'll see how good he actually looked in everyone of his UFC losses. Stephens he got KOed in the 3rd won rounds 1 and 2. Tibau was a split decision, Tyson Griffin very early on(Career) and if you go back and watch that its razor close match. Khabib beat him in a decision that there was almost know damage taken by RDA. Seriously i'm too lazy to go finding the stats but i'm willing to bet that RDA has taken less punishment then any other Khabib opponent. Eddie Alvarez caught him with a wide winging wild right hook that found his jaw and still didn't knock RDA down. He was so dazed he took too long to get control of his coordination but still never even hit the floor. Tony Ferguson beat him in a 5 round war that RDA also probably one the first 2 rounds and a controversial eye poke in the middle of the fight might have had some impact. Colby Covington was also another one where RDA probably one 2 of the 5 rounds but ultimately he's a natural 155er and Kamaru Usman made him look the worse anyone has in his career. What's my point, well its that Rafael Dos Anjos is a UFC future hall of famer and probably one of the greatest of all time, especially one that never had a long title run. I'm sure Kevin Lee has a bright future but lets start getting some big fights for RDA, maybe he can go back to 155 for a straight title shot.

Because RDA is an old dog who has already peaked

Kevin Lee is the new blood that people expect a lot from

Don't get so worked up over it sherbro

That's what happens when you run from an Irish Gorilla.

Never been a fan of that rat, but his accomplishments are solid. Best win in his career is probably Lawler, then Pettis, then Benson, then Cerrone, then Diaz.

Dos Anjos is not bad, but Kevin Lee is a better dancer

latest

He just won a fight, which puts him in the Sherdog GOAT conversation. When he loses again he'll be a can. Is normal

He just won a fight, which puts him in the Sherdog GOAT conversation. When he loses again he'll be a can. Is normal
No if you look at his career that's when you actually see that goat status isn't that ridiculous. No he's not the goat but yea I think he's the best UFC fighter ever to never have a long title run.

Great OP (other than Luke Thomas "being the best" at anything").

RDA has had a great career and recently one of the toughest schedules in the sport. What makes him stand out is that he has perhaps the best muay thai in the ufc (he is one of the only ufc fighters who has a comprehensive understanding of the MT clinch) and he has decent wrestling unlike all of his fellow brazilian fighters. He still got beat by superior wrestlers but if he wasn't decent at it he would on an endless losing streak.

How? Khabib ran over him. Tony beat him and he'd likely lose to Poirier even potentially Gaethje.
Khabib didn't run over him, not even close. Khabib kept taking him down and he kept getting up. He won 2 rounds against Ferguson there was a bad eye poke in that fight when the fight started going Tony's way. I know your not going to but if you watched both these losses you'd be suprised at how good RDA looks even when he loses. That's the point of my thread.

That is how the MMA media works. Jessica Andrade smashes Thug Rose and the story is about "how Thug Rose was winning before she lost" "Jessica Andrade had a fluke smash KO" "Jessica Andrade tapped."

Kevin Lee is trendier than RDA, so the story is going to focus on Kevin Lee, because most people are going to click if they see Kevin Lee's name than RDA's.
its different. thug rose beats andrade 9 out of 10. rda beats lee 9 out of 10. andrade win was a fluke. rda win was not. your example is invalid.

Khabib didn't run over him, not even close. Khabib kept taking him down and he kept getting up. He won 2 rounds against Ferguson there was a bad eye poke in that fight when the fight started going Tony's way. I know your not going to but if you watched both these losses you'd be suprised at how good RDA looks even when he loses. That's the point of my thread.
I don't think he looked good at all against Khabib. Per most of his fights it looked like Khabib wanted to take him down and RDA couldn't stop him. I can't see that changing. I don't see him being able to take Gaethje down and he'd lose the stand up battle. Tony beats him again, with or without an eye poke and as mentioned I think Poirier would beat him. Equally I don't see him challenging for the title at 170 seeing he has losses to both Usman and Colby.

if rda vs tony was a 3 rounder, rda would have won. he had first and 3rd on judges score cards.

In my personal opinion Rafeal Dos Anjos title win fight against Pettis who was at the time lw king after submited Benson and Melendez hands down was most impressive performance by a challenger in MMA.

Great OP (other than Luke Thomas "being the best" at anything").

RDA has had a great career and recently one of the toughest schedules in the sport. What makes him stand out is that he has perhaps the best muay thai in the ufc (he is one of the only ufc fighters who has a comprehensive understanding of the MT clinch) and he has decent wrestling unlike all of his fellow brazilian fighters. He still got beat by superior wrestlers but if he wasn't decent at it he would on an endless losing streak.
RDA was at the top of 155 and he got caught with what can be called a technical haymaker by Eddie Alvarez. He then lost a close 5 round decision to Tony Ferguson and he moved up to 170 and won 3 in a row including Lawler. I think if RDA makess 155 he could fight Khabib again and he'll be a amazing 5 round match for Khabib.

Back