RDA broke his foot last FRIDAY, but was still training on SATURDAY, pulled out on TUESDAY - Odd no?

Depending of the fracture he might have thought about fighting with it

Ease up man, just trying to give my man the benefit of the doubt, reading it back it does sound jacked...

yeah something ain't right.... 4 days is a long time to wait on this. Unless it was just debating whether or not to fight with a broken foot. Could have been a "rest it and see if it's getting better or worse" type of scenario. Maybe he was initially willing to fight with the foot broken? This is a let down...... why do Conor's big fights have to go through this?

Watch out, the Sherdog Sleuths are on the case to read all kinds of nonsensical bullshit in to the situation. Everything is a conspiracy. Take that shit to Alex Jones' website, you ape dicks.

smoke screen guys. im a conor fan, so not siding with rda...but if on friday he hurt it, and still had intentions of fighting injured, u wouldn't advertise your injury and risk the risk of letting conor know that your hurt and where your hurt. fighters fight injured all the time, you just dont hear about it till after the fight because they dont want there opponent finding out.

And in regard to the douche bag that said "how many times are we gonna have to hear bout someone ducking conor because of an injury?" well the answer to that, is as many times as it happens. i just read before he had 4 pull outs in his short UFC career...not cool man.

isn't friday the day he was posting videos of him and machida jumping boxes and hurdles saying he was finished with his camp?
Could have happened on his way out of the gym in the parking lot.

Watch out, the Sherdog Sleuths are on the case to read all kinds of nonsensical bullshit in to the situation. Everything is a conspiracy. Take that shit to Alex Jones' website, you ape dicks.
So you've been here for a little more than a month but you're already better than everyone?

Smell you later, Smellbows...

wiki edit:
Cb6rrc6UEAAAlkd.jpg

Sigh... another entry in the Brazilian big book of excuses. How can you not question their heart?

So you've been here for a little more than a month but you're already better than everyone?

Smell you later, Smellbows...

Better than every clown that blabbers on about "ducking" and "conspiracy" any time a fighter's injury announcement doesn't fit their mentally inferior, convoluted timeline.

yeah something ain't right.... 4 days is a long time to wait on this. Unless it was just debating whether or not to fight with a broken foot. Could have been a "rest it and see if it's getting better or worse" type of scenario. Maybe he was initially willing to fight with the foot broken? This is a let down...... why do Conor's big fights have to go through this?

I tend to agree it happened I think they tried to wait it out to see if was just swelling or more then they got more decisive word about the injury. A payday like this pays for the camp+ tough to excuse the pun "Walk away" from...

Well thank you mods for merging my threads with all generic RDA threads, now it's ruined.

My thread was meant specifically for Jose Aldo and his chance to redeem himself at UFC 196.

I guess now that his camp has officially refused the fight, it is in fact pointless.

Moving on...

You've clearly never had a broken foot.
You can walk, albeit painfully, depending on the break and its location.
Hell, I had a broken bone in my right foot and didn't know it for a month, thought I'd just hurt it.

Actually I broke my foot just over a year ago. Yes you can walk and yes it's painful, but you sure as hell aren't going and sparring the next day like RDA claimed he did on Instagram, and depending when he broke the bone on Friday, he certainly wasn't doing box jumps and plyometrics. So at least one of his Instagram posts, if not both, were old posts thrown up as a smokescreen to pretend he was still training when he wasn't.

Back in the day. They would have just shot that foot full of drugs and tied it up and the show would have went on.

That makes sense, its only 3 days. They wanted to see how serious it was and see a doctor during the weekend. Fighters arent doctors and they need to confirm what is exactly injured and how serious it is and the recovery or if they can moved forward. It could have been a situation where the doctor said he could recover in a week and be fine. Every fighter takes a few days to confirm before pulling out, its never same day

Sad this even had to be explained.

The article even goes on to detail that his foot's barely even really broken. No surgery necessary, not even a cast.
And that pretty much explains why they waited to pull out. If it was an Anderson Silva type of injury, it's kind of obvious that they'd pull out instantly. If it's a small fracture, you simply wait and see how it heals in the next few days. If it doesn't get any better and if it will have a great impact on your performance, you pull out.

Is the MMA community filled with only tin foil hat kind of fans? Is it that hard to simply accept the fact that he got injured, he tried to fight through it but couldn't? There have been fighters that faked an injury or exaggerated it but does anyone actually believe that RDA is "scurred" of fighting McGregor?

All I know is that I am absolutely sick of fighters getting injured a week or two from fight night. Pisses me off so much and I don't care if it's a fighter I am a fan of or a fighter I despise. They all need to be more careful so close to the damn fight!!!

And that pretty much explains why they waited to pull out. If it was an Anderson Silva type of injury, it's kind of obvious that they'd pull out instantly. If it's a small fracture, you simply wait and see how it heals in the next few days. If it doesn't get any better and if it will have a great impact on your performance, you pull out.

Is the MMA community filled with only tin foil hat kind of fans? Is it that hard to simply accept the fact that he got injured, he tried to fight through it but couldn't? There have been fighters that faked an injury or exaggerated it but does anyone actually believe that RDA is "scurred" of fighting McGregor?

No it's filled with people that know that even if the foot's not severely broken that walking, let alone fighting, will still be extremely painful by next Saturday. He was never going to be fighting so long as his foot was broken.

Not to mention that you're still completely ignoring the fact that he threw up Instagram posts pretending that he was still training when he obviously was not so there was indeed a conspiracy going on.

Back