RDA broke his foot last FRIDAY, but was still training on SATURDAY, pulled out on TUESDAY - Odd no?

markg171

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
According to multiple sources, dos Anjos suffered a broken left foot last Friday, forcing him to pull out of the lightweight title fight against McGregor. The UFC is currently working on finding a replacement to fight McGregor on less than two weeks' notice, however, nothing has been finalized at this time.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/2...jured-out-of-ufc-196-main-event-fight-against

And you're only pulling out now/announcing the break 4 days later on Tuesday? Lmao.

EDIT: Odd too considering he and his coaches were still posting on Instagram Friday and Saturday how he was just finishing his training camp...

From Friday

Training camp is just about wrapped up for the Champ Rafael Dos Anjos and he's more than ready for March 5th.. and training camp is just getting started with Lyoto Machida.@rdosanjosmma@lyotomachidafwGoing for 4 UFC belts by 2017, wouldn't that be something? #speedofsport#ufc#mma#training#wod#plyometrics#speedstrength#explosive#ufc196#dosanjosmcgregor

From Saturday

Ready for the last sparring session, thanks @evolvemma@fjmercedes for believe in my work||--->>>Pronto pra última sessão de sparring obrigado @evolvemma@fjmercedes pro acreditarem no meu trabalho #Jesus#Jesusfirst#evolvemma#evolvefightteam#fletcherjonesnewportbeach#kingsmma#gordojj#speedofsport#AndStill

Last edited:
He's doing the same shit as Aldo. They get hurt and hide it so McGregor has as little time as possible to train for the replacement.

That was my thought when I read the details. I guess they wanted to know if it was truly broken or sprained..?

That makes sense, its only 3 days. They wanted to see how serious it was and see a doctor during the weekend. Fighters arent doctors and they need to confirm what is exactly injured and how serious it is and the recovery or if they can moved forward. It could have been a situation where the doctor said he could recover in a week and be fine. Every fighter takes a few days to confirm before pulling out, its never same day

Hard sparring literally two weeks out again. So typical. You got sparring partners checking kicks with no pads on. It's so preventable it's insane.

That was my thought when I read the details. I guess they wanted to know if it was truly broken or sprained..?

I can walk into any emergency room where I am and find out probably within 10 hours if my bone's broken and have myself all splinted up and out the door if it is in that same 10 hours. You honestly think it takes 4 days for RDA to go to his private doctor and find out? He knew on Friday that his foot was broken. There's no reason at all that it took another 4 days to announce he wouldn't be fighting, of course he wasn't with a broken foot.

The article even goes on to detail that his foot's barely even really broken. No surgery necessary, not even a cast.

The UFC is currently working on finding a replacement to fight McGregor on less than two weeks' notice, however, nothing has been finalized at this time.

i hear chad mendes is available.

Jesus. Conor needs to stop getting inside of his opponent's heads.

Last edited by a moderator:
isn't friday the day he was posting videos of him and machida jumping boxes and hurdles saying he was finished with his camp?

I can walk into any emergency room where I am and find out probably within 10 hours if my bone's broken and have myself all splinted up and out the door if it is in that same 10 hours. You honestly think it takes 4 days for RDA to go to his private doctor and find out? He knew on Friday that his foot was injured. There's no reason at all that it took another 4 days to announce he wouldn't be fighting.

The article even goes on to detail that his foot's barely even really broken. No surgery necessary, not even a cast.

Ease up man, just trying to give my man the benefit of the doubt, reading it back it does sound jacked...

these brazillians, fucking shit up for the rest of us. Just tell us your damn foot is broken so the replacement has time to train!

How are professional fighters so inept at taking care of their bodies. Say what you want about McGregor, but he isn't pulling out of a fight unless he's dying. His approach to training, focusing on movement and upgrading the "software" so to speak is the future of the sport.

Back