RDA appreciation thread

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
IMO the true champs that deserve the most appreciation are the ones who get the belt in the old fashioned way, by going up the rankings and fighting everyone they put in front of them... losing some, winning some, and truly working your way up to the top like Max Holloway did... or like Ferguson, Romero or Maia are doing (not cutting in the line as a marketing attraction).

Recent examples of guys truly going up the rankings and earning a TS in the LW division (most stacked division in the world) and then becoming champ are:

Penn - 5 title victories

Edgar - 3 title fight victories and 1 draw

Bendo - 4 title fight victories

Pettis - 1 title defense

RDA - 2 title fight victories.
His streak included wins over 2 guys in the list above still on their prime: Bendo and Pettis.

Bendo
giphy.gif

Pettis

You gotta respect RDA.

He also

Fucked Cerrone up
tumblr_nzn0nckaxu1upwz95o1_400.gif

And he absolutely destroyed Conor´s father (a WW who cuts from 215 pounds, as I last heard).
tumblr_ngl37gvLww1u2ragso1_r1_500.gif

But the weight cut was taking its toll. So I hope RDA comes back stronger than ever at WW. Saffiedine is a tough opponent for a debut in the division, but I still believe in RDA´s win.

#War RDA
Rafael-Dos-Anjos-IP-2.png

Worst drawing champ of all time. His numbers make Mighty Mouse look strong

Easily one of the most exciting fighters in the UFC. It's a shame they're making Bethe vs Holly headline a card instead of him.

Shame he missed out on his red panty night...then again I am happy that Diaz - Colin 1 happened

Fondest memory of RDA: The uppercut that traveled from Texas to Alaska that cleaned his clock... compliments of Jeremy Stephens.

I was pissed when he lost his last fight to Ferguson

He's alright. Picked him to beat Pettis.

I kind of feel like there's A lot of Las signed who are better than the top 10.

They've got 100 Lws signed and No idea how to work with it

The best Lw is probably ranked #95 and will need to go on a 15 fight win streak to get a shot

RDA was such a beast. I really hope he doesn't go the way of Barao.

RDA just came along at wrong time. The two GOATS ever Khabib and ferg are in the house - who would rape guys like BJ in prime.. Love RDAs TDs which I though best in division until Khabib showed up, striking and heart.

Its too bad RDA coulldt collect that conor payday before checking out...

In before Jeremy Stephens telegraphed upper cut from hell

Back