RDA - 1-4 in his last 5

Listen, RDA is a beast. A former champ. Look at all the killers he's fought. Cowboy, Nate, Pettis, Lawler... I mean, to beat a guy Lawler, a legend - that's insane. Conor and RDA were set to fight at 155lbs, but RDA moved up, cause he's a bigger guy. Conor is willing to meet him at 170lbs. So let's see how this thing plays out.

and so the fight build up has begun.

All fighters of the MMA community,listen oop. Are ya a UFC fighter that fights at anything below 155??

Are ya washed oop? Desperatley tryna hold on for that one last big payday before the UFC can cut ye?

D'ya lay awake at night dreamin that for wunce,that you can snatch the red panties night from the outer darkness?

Are ya 1 - 7 in your last 8?

Well call up Mcgregor,we can set ya straight!!!!

giphy.gif

COnor the merciful, taking care of the fighters who are down.

He was a fucking killer before being lined up to fight Conor (and incidentally before USADA was a thing). Honestly was looking forward to him holdong the belt for a long time.

He was losing that Lee fight too but then Lee just gave up. RDA should wrap it or fight lower ranked guys

He is 35
he has a few years left and he will remain a ranked fighter
But I don't see him as a title contender in the future
He is talented, but cannot beat the experienced wrestlers
Also he is a little too small for WW

Seems he's over the hill.
But RDA should be given some slack for his past record because he's had one of the baddest murderer's rows of all time.
But previously he's only lost to top competition, losing to underdogs like Edwards and Chiesa was way more bitter.
But we'll see. Maybe those guys will turn out to have great runs and the losses will seem less bad - just like how it was with RDA's losses to Khabib in 2014 and Tony in 2016.

But let's take a moment to appreciate his row of opponents

* quoted from a post in https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/goat-murderers-row.4048207/

Last edited:
He is too small for WW. He got out muscled in there. Not out skilled.

RDA has made horrible career decisions. Lol

If he goes back down to LW, win a few, and wait till Khabib retires, he can win against anyone else. Even with Tony he has the skills to win. But WW is filled with big grapplers who will out grind him. He has no business at 170. Moving up in weight isnt always the answer.
It's not only the grapplers. Dana matched him up sadistically. Colby, Leon Scott, kamaru usman, chiesa. All bigger stronger grapplers (surprised chiesa beat him though) and they were hoping for the same thing with my Boi FKL. If they matched him up with a tyron or thew in a masvidal in there pre - jorgemania in between wrestler matchups there'd be a discernible difference imo. Ultimately he's to blame because he has to either find a way to overcome his weaknesses or move back down to lw. RDA is one kf my favorites, I respect him for his skills and take on all comers attitude, but I won't use the "wrestlers" excuse. It's up to him, not to get wet blanketed. His responsibility.

It seems like it would be impossible for him to sniff a title shot again.
But things can change very quickly, especially if you're a popular former champ - they only seem to nead one great comeback win combined with showing off something new and people will start talking about how they seem like a new, improved version. :)

Remember how fast RDA came back after losing to Tony and Eddie in 2016.
He just needed 3 wins in a row during 2017 to land an interim title fight.
Then after losing to Colby and Usman he got that sub over Lee and some people thought he was back with a vengeance.

Right now I obviously think he looks way off.
But just saying it doesn't take much to make a come back.

Besides the top5 of the division; it's not looking super strong right now; there are plenty of top10 or top15 names RDA can beat. I think he could take #6 Maia, and #9 Lawler. If he does that he'll get hyped again and just needs one big name to launch him back into contention.

He should go back to LW, he looks small at WW and he is not overly fast so he has no advantages, he needs to go back to LW.

I don’t really think there’s anywhere to go for him. Is he just fighting for a payday?

I see him as a bit of a gatekeeper now. He ain’t getting near any titles again.

Hes still young enough to probably want to earn some more paychecks. I assume they'll drop his competition level a bit because he still has somewhat of a name.

It seems like it would be impossible for him to sniff a title shot again.
But things can change very quickly, especially if you're a popular former champ - they only seem to nead one great comeback win combined with showing off something new and people will start talking about how they seem like a new, improved version. :)

Remember how fast RDA came back after losing to Tony and Eddie in 2016.
He just needed 3 wins in a row during 2017 to land an interim title fight.
Then after losing to Colby and Usman he got that sub over Lee and some people thought he was back with a vengeance.

Right now I obviously think he looks way off.
But just saying it doesn't take much to make a come back.

Besides the top5 of the division; it's not looking super strong right now; there are plenty of top10 or top15 names RDA can beat. I think he could take #6 Maia, and #9 Lawler. If he does that he'll get hyped again and just needs one big name to launch him back into contention.

If he drops back to LW, he could potentially be back in title talks within 2-3 wins. Old cerrone dropped to LW, picked up two wins and was then facing Tony.

Back