Raymond Daniels was 2 minutes from winning.

The fact that you just said that people on this forum do not have a hateboner for Daniels shows that you do are not a frequent visitor to the KB/MT forum or that you haven't really paid attention because a lot of people really do hate on Raymond's style of fighting.

Also how am I twisting the truth? I never denied that Holzken was using the old but common strategy of taking it slow the first couple rounds and turning it up later nor am I denying that Holzken is the better fighter, However, you can do that without LOSING the first two rounds. There is a difference between coasting/taking it slow and a point karateka having the better off the boxing exchanges for two rounds.

In a sport with incompetent refs that are quick to call slips knockdowns, losing two rounds is never a good strategy because before you know it you slip because of a kick and the ref gives you an 8 count (Like the previous fight between Holzken vs Daniels).

Also, Daniels definitely has improved a lot, I mean his hands and defense still need plenty of work and all but there is a big difference between the Daniels that fought Valtellini and the Daniels now. When he fought Valtellini he had no boxing game to speak of and couldnt check lowkicks at all. He is pretty much improving per fight, but I wonder how much time he has left since he is 35 years old.

EDIT: When i said that Daniels outboxed Holzken, I obviously did not mean that Daniels is the better boxer or anything like that. I'm just saying that he got the better of the exchanges for the first two rounds. Just want to clarify that.

What I actually see is anyone who has this dream of Daniels being the best in Glory taking any critical analysis of his fights and his skills and calling it HATE.

You are twisting the truth because you claim Nieky didnt look very good and was getting outclassed by Daniels when that simply isnt true at all.

You should watch the first two rounds again because I just did and one thing Daniels is really good at is throwing his shots short and hitting gloves. his kicks except for a few nice body kicks also dont land.

Daniels looked best the last 30 of round 2 otherwise Nieky looked like the better fighter who has breaking his opponent down and knew he had 5 rounds. If that is the new definition of getting outclassed then no you arnt twisting the truth.

The biggest difference between Daniels Point Karate style and traditional MT/KB is that Point Karate scores the skill over the actual result. MT/KB especially in international events, the result of the punch or kick is what matters, not how you threw it.

Daniels can dance around and throw backfists, jabs, spinning kicks all he wants but he is not outclassing someone when they land on the arms and gloves the majority of the time. Sure it looks good but its not scoring points.

This is what I see from the majority of folks who you can tell dont actually watch fights. They see a few highlights and think oh he must have been dominated when 1 of the 20 kicks he threw actually landed somewhere that matters.

I personally like watching him fight because it brings a different dimension to Glory which needs more diversity, just like K-1 had back in the day.

But he is just not that good at this point.

I think that the 'hate' is really just annoyance with being told that Daniels is 'elite' (in the GG format) when there is so little evidence to support it.

Consider this: If a random iranian TKD guy went 0-3 vs Nieky and Joe, getting finished every time, nobody would be crazy enough to call him elite.

The random Iranian TKD guy would not get 1-2 can fights following his defeat so he can rake in enough points to stay in their top 5. Which he got in by doing some can crushing to be begin with.

I think that the 'hate' is really just annoyance with being told that Daniels is 'elite' (in the GG format) when there is so little evidence to support it.

Consider this: If a random iranian TKD guy went 0-3 vs Nieky and Joe, getting finished every time, nobody would be crazy enough to call him elite.

Whatever happened to that Iranian guy FEG once called in to fight Kyshenko that no one knew about?

[YT]aJejwy3zKjo[/YT]

Daniels vs Toofan Salafzoon for the next contender to Holtzken's belt. Make it happen Glory!

Kyshenko vs Daniels and then Kyshenko vs Holzken for the belt. Now that would be a fight I'd like to see.

Ya I think you can go ahead and skip a fight between Kyshenko and Daniels. Kyshenko deserves an immediate shot.

Ya I think you can go ahead and skip a fight between Kyshenko and Daniels. Kyshenko deserves an immediate shot.

Nahh it should be the winner of the next glory welterweight trailer park rumble tournament.

Holzken vs Cletis Bubba Ray @ Glory 26!

This.
Considering Valtellini is out at the moment, Holzken should fight Kyshenko or Groenhart. Either of those should be an interesting and entertaining fight.
*edit* just remembered that Groenhart lost his last fight vs. Chad Sugden, so a title shot wouldn't make sense. Kyshenko for sure then.

Maybe. But it would only be fair if he beats up Daniels first and then fights Holzken for the title the same night. Cause otherwise Daniels stays the next in line. Again. And he has no bussiness doing so.

Maybe. But it would only be fair if he beats up Daniels first and then fights Holzken for the title the same night. Cause otherwise Daniels stays the next in line. Again. And he has no bussiness doing so.
Why wouldn't that be fair? Kyshenko along with Ouzgni are the only ones that have a win over Holzken in the last 5 years.

Why would Daniels be next in line? He was gifted this previous title shot, which he lost by finish. He has yet to beat a top fighter.

Why wouldn't that be fair? Kyshenko along with Ouzgni are the only ones that have a win over Holzken in the last 5 years.
Every title contender has to beat up Daniels. Or else he'll never gets out of the top 5.

Why would Daniels be next in line? He was gifted this previous title shot, which he lost by finish. He has yet to beat a top fighter.

What? You don think Glory will feed him another bunch of cans to keep his numbers up and gift him with yet another title shot as soons as they can?

Back