Raymond Daniels was 2 minutes from winning.

lol do you even pay attention? Niekys gp was for raymond to go all out in the first few rounds. He even said in his post fight interview that he was gonna let raymond spin and do his flashy shit in the beginning. But i guess you missed that too

just because he said it doesn't mean it's true.

That cut saved Daniels from getting KO'd if anything.
Holzken had only just started to put pressure on him and it was only a matter of time until Daniels would get savaged after that.

For those who say Holzken looked lethargic and not as good as usual, please bear in mind he's still recovering from a wrist injury, and also had to be cautious of Daniels' fast flashy kicks. He didn't want to get caught stupidly, and I think he was focusing on Daniels' kicks rather than the punches, hence why Daniels managed to land a few punches.

Shame we only got to see Daniels' best rounds and not Holzken's finish.
Exactly...

It looked pretty obvious. There where times where he was just throwing out light shots. The whole time I was watching it I was acknowledging that Nieky was just conservatively stalking while Ramond was litterally throwing everything he had into those first two rounds. It's a 5 round fight, there is a reason Thai's go slow the first 2.

It looked pretty obvious. There where times where he was just throwing out light shots. The whole time I was watching it I was acknowledging that Nieky was just conservatively stalking while Ramond was litterally throwing everything he had into those first two rounds. It's a 5 round fight, there is a reason Thai's go slow the first 2.

It's probably a bit of both. Nieky looked just as lethargic as in his fight against Stetsurenko.

It's probably a bit of both. Nieky looked just as lethargic as in his fight against Stetsurenko.
I happened to rewatch that fight recently, and honestly I think Stetsurenko just put up a fantastic fight. That was actually a really good back and forth competitive fight. I wouldn't say Nieky looked lethargic there.

I dare anyone to name me any other Glory WW at the moment who they can objectively say is a significant favourite to beat Daniels.

Glory's WW stable is mediocre but still, I find it strange that you can't see that Ouzgni, Groenhart, Ghaji would all be favorites to beat him. I think that there are also many MWs who could move up and beat Daniels comfortably. Even a 'sometime-kickboxer' like Sudsakorn would school Daniels under Glory rules any day of the week.

You're right about me hating Daniels' though. I don't mind a bit of showmanship, as long as there is humor to it and impressive results to back it up. Daniels knocking out some poor no-name and acting like he's just won a world title is lame and unintentionally funny. So yeah, I admit I find it highly entertaining to see him do the limping, gassed out punching bag thing every time he loses :)

my girlfriend described it best when she said Daniels looked like an antelope about to get mauled by a lion.

Glory's WW stable is mediocre but still, I find it strange that you can't see that Ouzgni, Groenhart, Ghaji would all be favorites to beat him. I think that there are also many MWs who could move up and beat Daniels comfortably. Even a 'sometime-kickboxer' like Sudsakorn would school Daniels under Glory rules any day of the week.

You're right about me hating Daniels' though. I don't mind a bit of showmanship, as long as there is humor to it and impressive results to back it up. Daniels knocking out some poor no-name and acting like he's just won a world title is lame and unintentionally funny. So yeah, I admit I find it highly entertaining to see him do the limping, gassed out punching bag thing every time he loses :)

:icon_chee I guess we'll see within his next few fights

Just because Daniels has a vastly different style, doesn't mean he's not a top fighter

I was impressed

He does need insane cardio to keep that style going over 5 rounds

I want to see a third match between the 2 of them

So you prefer Daniels never being able to blink again? Hmm
If he was willing to continue, which he was, then yes, it's his choice.
8rWSPVW.gif

Vitor won the LHW title the same way. Its an unfortunate ending, but at least in this case we have already seen them fight before and it was pretty clear where this fight was going.

Just because Daniels has a vastly different style, doesn't mean he's not a top fighter

I was impressed

He does need insane cardio to keep that style going over 5 rounds

I want to see a third match between the 2 of them

His kicks look nice but look at his connection rate. It's terrible. With that and his tendency to crash after 2 rounds, he must be the least efficient fighter on the roster.

Also, I get that he's new to the format but how does a guy with so much fighting experience look so tense and panicky whenever the opponent gets into boxing range? Never seen anything like it on this level.

Vitor won the LHW title the same way. Its an unfortunate ending, but at least in this case we have already seen them fight before and it was pretty clear where this fight was going.
Not really. Holzken was well on his way to knocking Daniels out and busted him open with a knee. Vitor got a lucky cut from the glove.

People lost their mind after the first fight, but if you look at it - the second one wasn't much different, except Nieky was a bit less aggressive and Daniels was more patient. In both fights Daniels swung for the fences, landed pratically nothing clean and was finished about mid-fight.

Not really. Holzken was well on his way to knocking Daniels out and busted him open with a knee. Vitor got a lucky cut from the glove.

Agreed, I just meant the cut itself was the same cut(on the eyelid, thus warranting a stoppage).

except that holzken has used the same tactic for much of his career. He has lost a couple fights on the score cards from not starting early even enough going back to his 70kg days

except that holzken has used the same tactic for much of his career. He has lost a couple fights on the score cards from not starting early even enough going back to his 70kg days

:rolleyes:

People on here seem to have a hard time giving Daniels any credit.

:rolleyes:

People on here seem to have a hard time giving Daniels any credit.
Why is it so hard to believe that a fighter would go easy early on in the fight? It's an extremely common tactic. I know you watch a lot of fights, this should have been obvious to you.

Now I will certainly agree that Daniels has at least proven himself to be a tough fighter.

Holzken was absolutely going easy in the first 2 rounds however.

Back