Ray Rice-Does he deserve another chance in the NFL

He was on the decline anyway, he didnt play for over a year, the media whirlwind that comes with it, i dont think it would be worth it honestly. If he was younger and not on the slide before hand sure, but its not worth it for what he will probably give you.

It may be the PR thing more than anything. And I can understand that.

There didnt seem to be a problem with the US woman's soccer team having Hope Solo in goal.

There didnt seem to be a problem with the US woman's soccer team having Hope Solo in goal.

I still think that was all made up to scare the opponents into not scoring on her. I mean if she does that to her underage newphew for nothing... imagine what she would do to you if you scored a goal on her that made her team lose.

People lose everything over saying a racist word beating a woman is far worse

If I beat my wife my job won't fire me so why can't he do his job

I look to his at the time girlfriend and now wife's stance on it. She seems to be over being his punching bag so I am as well. Who are we to condemn him for something that the so called victim of isn't condemning him for?

she had his back from day one. She never did condemn him publicly for it. most people see that as she wants him to make money thus she gets money.

and as has been mentioned, hes not being blackballed so much for his actions, hes not being signed becasue he is not good enough for the headache involved. The ravens replaced him with a rb who did even better. Why sign a marginal player who comes with the pr nightmare when you can get similar quality without the drama. This is teams being business conscious.

Love the NFL. Don't care.

Different sport but Donald Sterling was banned for life for private words. This is far worse of course since it involved violence.

But off my devil's advocate stance yes, I think Ray Rice should be able to play again. He's 28 which is a senior citizen when it comes to running backs so hopefully he gets in and has a couple decent years again. I doubt he will but he should pay for a disgusting 5 minutes of his life for the rest of his life.

because donald sterling said something racist. in the pc world we live in, racist words are way worse than beating up a woman. in a battle of pc behemoths, black people always trump women

Yes, but Ray Rice runs like a fat kid in a snow suit.

When you add a declining ability at a position that is the easiest to replace with the vicious domestic violence, well it doesn't look to good for Mr. Rice. I give him about a 20% chance of getting back in the league.

I think he does.
But prior to his transgression, his play was borderline dreadful. That's what I believe to be holding him back; not his domestic violence charge.

You can be a piece of shit, but if you play well, you'll get a contract. There are countless examples.

It should never have been a controversy in the first place. She assaulted him first and got what she was asking for.

Yes... and here is why.. If we aren't going to give people a path to redemption then we need to be up front about it.. we need to tell them straight up, we will never allow you to recover from this.. I think he has done all anybody can do to make amends...we could have saved him a lot of energy and the media a lot of awkward-hopeful interviews if we just told him your out for life and nothing you can do can change that...

There's a line.. there's a point where you can't recover from it..where we won't ever accept you back into society... I think what he did was awful, but he didn't cross that line....we need to allow him an opportunity to recover and do good things again

Solid post. I'll simply add, who amongst us commit no crimes, never do things that are shameful, and should never have redemption or attempt to it? If one cannot attempt to redeem themselves why bother living really.

A normal citizen can't get a job with a criminal record.

An NFL player should be banned from playing if they have a similar criminal record.

Yes. He ended up marrying the chick he hit. If she forgave him, who am I to not allow him some form of redemption?

I barely watch Football (I only enjoy sports with others, and none of my friends are fans), and I really only know Rice from that brutal shot on his girl. It was disgusting, and I was glad to see he got punished somewhat.

If a one year suspension is what they deemed appropriate, then he has paid his due, and if any team wants to take on his potential PR nightmare, he should be free to sign with them.

I thought the same thing about the dog fighting guy awhile back as well.

What is the point of punishment, if when it is up, you continue to get punished? That teaches nothing.

Back