News Ray Fisher Shares Details on JL, Whedon and WB (Gal Gadot's Career Threatened by Whedon) Post #226

What's your take on Ray Fisher's allegations?

• Total voters

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: September 6, 2020

Ray Fisher Reveals Issues with Geoff Johns and DC Films in New Video

VEAlfSi.jpg

The battle between Warner Bros. and Justice League star Ray Fisher is definitely heating up with conflicting statements, and some pretty wild accusations. Now, the actor has shared a video elaborating on what's been happening on his side, saying the studio is playing a "sad and desperate game."

Explaining that they're unaware of "how many receipts I have for interactions that I've had. They do not know the people that I've been talking to," Fisher claims that there are more people willing to take part in the investigation. He also states that the response from DC Films boss Walter Hamada is part of, "a weird game, a sad and desperate game, but [a] predictable one."

"He [Walter Hamada] and I talked in great detail about Joss Whedon. We talked in great detail about Geoff Johns. We talked in great detail about Jon Berg and his excuse for Geoff Johns was 'Well Ray, I worked with Geoff on Shazam!, I don't really think he would do that sort of stuff and I go, 'Walter, you weren't there. I'm telling you, you weren't. You were not there when the man used back-channel communication to call me into his office and made the veiled threat to my career. You weren't there for that."

"You weren't there when Geoff Johns contacted me in 2018 - a year and a half after Justice League while I was shooting True Detective - to gloat that there was another Cyborg being used in the DC Universe in a show that he was producing.'" You can see Fisher's video in its entirety below.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/just...nd-talks-with-walter-hamada-a178159#gs.fi46kk

Here's a recap of the events leading up to this:

July 1, 2020
Ray Fisher accuses Joss Whedon of “gross, abusive” behavior on the Justice League reshoots and criticizes producers Jon Berg and Geoff Johns for enabling Whedon.
justiceleague-cyborg-silasstone-lab.jpg

Cyborg actor Ray Fisher tweeted and accused Joss Whedon of “gross, abusive, unprofessional, and completely unacceptable” behavior on the set of 2017’s Justice League. Fisher added Whedon, “was enabled, in many ways, by Geoff Johns and Jon Berg.”

Producer Jon Berg responded that it was “categorically untrue that we enabled any unprofessional behavior. I remember [Fisher] being upset that we wanted him to say ‘Booyaa,’ which is a well known saying of Cyborg in the animated series.”

July 26
Fisher taunts Whedon to sue him if what he said was not true. Proudly boasts he has been collecting evidence for two years.
.jpg.0.jpeg

Fisher said at Justice Con event, “I put out some pretty strong words and some pretty strong comments about Joss Whedon, and every single one of those words, every single one of those comments, is true.”

“It’s taken me two and a half years to get all the information I need to be able to build that something that’s strong enough so people can’t dismiss it," he continued. “We’re gonna get to the heart of everything. And if anything I said about that man is untrue, I invite him wholeheartedly to sue me for libel, to sue me for slander."

August 12
Fisher claims producer Geoff Johns made a thinly-veiled threat to his career.
275a9d4476ae991e60a548c57c22101c9ea73fe4.jpg

Fisher tweeted, “During the LA reshoots for Justice League, Geoff Johns summoned me to his office to belittle and admonish my (and my agent’s) attempts to take grievances up the proper chain of command.

He then made a thinly veiled threat to my career.

This behavior cannot continue.”

August 20
Fisher celebrates the news that Warner Media has officially launched a third party investigation to his claims.
justice-league-featurette-cyborg-screengrab-syfywire.png

Fisher tweeted, “After 5 weeks of interviews with various cast/crew, @WarnerMedia has officially launched an independent third-party investigation to get to the heart of the toxic and abusive work environment created during Justice League reshoots.

This is a MASSIVE step forward!

I believe this investigation will show that Geoff Johns, Joss Whedon, Jon Berg (and others) grossly abused their power during the uncertainty of AT&T’s merger with Time Warner.

Thank you @WarnerMedia and @ATT for making strides to ensure a safer workplace for all!”

September 4
Fisher unhappy with investigation, includes DC Films president in his hit list; Warner Bros. says Fisher uncooperative with investigation.
https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fscottmendelson%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F08%2FMV5BMjIxM2M0NDMtNmVhNS00OGNjLWI0ZDUtODJkMWUwNzQ5YjJjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQxNjcxNQ%40%40._V1_-1200x641.jpg

Fisher tweeted, “So you can better understand how deep this goes:

After speaking out about Justice League, I received a phone call from the President of DC Films wherein he attempted to throw Joss Whedon and Jon Berg under the bus in hopes that I would relent on Geoff Johns.

I will not.”

In response, Warner Bros. released an official statement regarding Fisher’s new allegations:

In July, Ray Fisher’s representatives asked DC Films President Walter Hamada to talk to Mr. Fisher about his concerns during the production of “Justice League.” The two had previously spoken when Mr. Hamada asked him to reprise his role as Cyborg in Warner Bros.’ upcoming Flash movie, together with other members of the Justice League.

In their July conversation, Mr. Fisher recounted disagreements he’d had with the film’s creative team regarding his portrayal of Cyborg, and complained that his suggested script revisions were not adopted. Mr. Hamada explained that creative differences are a normal part of the production process, and that a film’s writer/director ultimately has to be in charge of these matters. Notably, Mr. Hamada also told Mr. Fisher that he would elevate his concerns to WarnerMedia so they could conduct an investigation.

At no time did Mr. Hamada ever “throw anyone under the bus,” as Mr. Fisher has falsely claimed, or render any judgments about the “Justice League” production, in which Mr. Hamada had no involvement, since filming occurred before Mr. Hamada was elevated to his current position.

While Mr. Fisher never alleged any actionable misconduct against him, WarnerMedia nonetheless initiated an investigation into the concerns he’d raised about his character’s portrayal. Still not satisfied, Mr. Fisher insisted that WarnerMedia hire an independent third party investigator. This investigator has attempted multiple times to meet with Mr. Fisher to discuss his concerns but, to date, Mr. Fisher has declined to speak to the investigator.

Warner Bros. remains committed to accountability and to the well-being of every cast and crew member on each of its productions. It also remains committed to investigating any specific and credible allegation of misconduct, which thus far Mr. Fisher has failed to provide.

September 5
Fisher says investigators contacted him but refuses to give any evidence or details.
Justice-League-Cyborg-Batman.jpg

Fisher responds to Warner Bros.’ statement and tweeted, “Thank you all for the support and for seeing through @wbpictures desperate and scattershot attempt to discredit me to continue protecting those in power.

I met with the investigator via Zoom on Aug 26th. Below is an email I sent to my team and

@sagaftra immediately after:

EhK3TETXkAAVeI7

It’s also worth noting that I made it clear to the world on Aug 21st that I would be vetting the investigator to ensure a fair and protected process for all witnesses.

@wbpictures has escalated this to an entirely different level, but I’m ready to meet the challenge.”

Am I missing something? Warner Bros didn’t take your suggestions on a script and now your kicking up all this dust? Or was there something else Whedon said or did?

Am I missing something? Warner Bros didn’t take your suggestions on a script and now your kicking up all this dust? Or was there something else Whedon said or did?
I think the issue was that Snyder put a lot of Cyborg in the Justice League film. It was supposed to be a catylist for Ray's career. However, Whedon scrapped much of Cyborgs sub-plots. So, Ray is upset and now that the Snyder cut will be relased, Ray feels comfortable discussing his anger.

When I watched JL in the theater, I wanted more development regarding the Cyborg character. There was almost a "Richard Donner Superman" feel to the character: unsure/scared of his powers, fearful that he is an alien, unsure if his tech is good or bad, reassurance from his dad, etc.

With that said, Ray refusing to say Booyeah hurts. I was waiting all film for that call back.

Imagine being a busy executive worrying about all the shit that matters and you have to deal with the guy playing a 4th tier character who isnt even supposed to be in the justice league to begin with.

The rock used to say know your role and it feels like these young actors are forgetting it.

Like you're cyborg dude. You suck. Accept it and do your best in the role.

nobody cares about your shitty character.
what is it with these third rate actors knowing their skills are shit, got there through diversity only and now turn their platform into some high horse protest.
fucking whiners.

Back