Ray Borg missed weight due to slipping in the bathtub..

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Ray Borg hoped that his streak of bad luck would end with Saturday’s UFC on ESPN 2 fight card. It didn’t.

Borg, whose last fight before UFC on ESPN 2 was an October 2017 submission loss to then-flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson, came in heavy for his bantamweight bout against Casey Kenney. Borg, who had previously fought at 125 pounds came in at 137 pounds for his 135-pound matchup against Kenney.

UFC on ESPN 2 took place at Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia.

On Monday, Borg spoke about the circumstances surrounding his mishap on the scale.

Borg told “The Luke Thomas Show” that the fighter hotel for the event did not have a steam room or sauna. With that, Borg was forced to attempt his weight cut in his hotel room and that’s where things went awry.

“As crazy as this (expletive) sounds, the bad luck bug almost struck me again,” Borg said. “It sounds crazy, and it sounds (expletive) up because, as I took a step, I took a step and I slipped, and I hit my head on the bathtub.”

With that, Borg’s weight cut was interrupted when he and his team left the hotel for medical care.

“We were at the hospital ’til about 3 a.m.,” Borg said. “They did a CAT scan, they did a little X-Ray to my wrist. I hit my wrist trying to catch the fall, and they said, ‘OK, well, you hurt your hand.’ And I said, ‘You know what, I’m not not showing up to this fight, I’m going to make it to this fight, so you know, I feel fine, I can fight.’ And the doctor said OK.”

When Borg returned to the hotel, he went back to his weight cut. It did not go well.

“I’m dead,” Borg said. “I’m literally dead. I just had an hour of sleep in the last 34 hours, so it was my choice to not to finish trying to finish cutting the weight. I was just physically and mentally exhausted from the night before.”

Borg performed well against Kenney on fight night, racking up seven takedowns on ten attempts, but he was unable to capitalize on those takedowns. The judges seemed to favor Kenney’s grappling and striking when it came time to score the fight. The judges awarded the UFC newcomer a unanimous decision win in his UFC debut.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trentr...rgs-ufc-philadelphia-weight-cut/#39202ee62ec0

Why about the other 5-6 times he missed weight?

LOL

Alright that’s bull shit. Who misses weight because they slipped?

Nobody should have to go through what Ray did over the last year with his child.

However, there is a clear and persistent trend of him missing weight, at some point it's got to come down to an issue of professionalism.

Sure Ray....... Sure.

Whoever manufactured that bathtub should get their lawyers prepped pronto.

I really don't care. Stop cutting so much weight that any little disruption makes you miss weight.

That goes for everyone. Yoel Romero: Oh we totally planned on using that extra hour... well how about you just start an hour earlier, you had months to plan this weight cut.
My kidneys were shutting down, my body siezed up, I accidently touched an grain of salt someone left on the breakfast table so I couldn't dehyrdate properly... whatever

Weight cutting is bullshit

I feel for Ray's child and family situation but he habitually does 2 things I can't fucking stand in a fighter, missing weight and making excuses.

Imagine faking a slip in the tub and wasting hours at a hospital being examined just to avoid cutting weight

Borg is suing the bathtub. Hes already got a restraining order

Bathtub is 2-0 against UFC fighters.

lol
Bathtub vs wire, book it Dana!

Borg missed weight because he’s unprofessional, nothing more nothing less

This guy needs to be cut ASAP.

His unprofessionalism is insane.

I thought this said “sipping” and it still made sense

I really don't care. Stop cutting so much weight that any little disruption makes you miss weight.

That goes for everyone. Yoel Romero: Oh we totally planned on using that extra hour... well how about you just start an hour earlier, you had months to plan this weight cut.
My kidneys were shutting down, my body siezed up, I accidently touched an grain of salt someone left on the breakfast table so I couldn't dehyrdate properly... whatever

Weight cutting is bullshit
I wonder how that “lawsuit” Yoel and Malki were on a media tour talking about after 225? I’m guessing it was just a pr stunt to save face for missing weight again

Back