News Raul Rosas Jr. vs Ricky Turcios officially not happening this weekend

Wait so... Rosas Jr pulled out due to illness, yes.

Now Turcios is saying NO to the fight, rescheduled 1 week later? Seems sketchy. Turcios trying to dodge a bullet perhaps?

Regardless both fighters lose stock over this debacle.

EDIT: Tbh I think that's kind of wrong for me to declare. After all, it would mean a second weight cut, on top of the altitude training, in only 1 week time. I got no validity in criticizing either fighter for being smart about it, especially after how many sloppy performances occurred in Mexico last Saturday.

Last edited:
I’m sure we won’t lose any sleep over a low caliber fight not taking place.

Even the bottom of the barrel fighters now want to act like divas lol… send both these guys back to the minor leagues where they belong. Enough is enough.

<DisgustingHHH>

Fuck this ugly hypejob anyway.

No idea why the fuck he was getting the CM Punk treatment of having the UFC recruit extra shitty opponents just to pretend the kid is UFC level in the first place.

Now he pulls out 5 MINUTES before his fight?
<{vega}>

Sadly I agree he’s had extremely bad opponents to pad his record. 5 minutes before the fight? Damn..

hope ricky gets the axe

Sounds like he got the nerves and butterflies real bad and decided to pull out literally last minute.

SmallFoot Rosas should go to a therapist and find out why he shat the bed 5 minutes before a fight.

You can think a young guy that got his ass kicked in the last fight could get cold feet and pussy out of the fight....

but vs Ricky Turcios? Dude hasn't koed anyone in 7 years....

But he didn’t get his ass kicked in his last fight. In fact he did the ass kicking.

You're right. Even more reason to believe the kid wasn't well enough to fight.

Either way you don't get to the UFC and then pussy out vs a guy like Turcios.

"Can't help the kind of shape I'm in,
I can't sing, I ain't pretty, and my legs are thin,
Don't ask me what I think of you,
I might not give the answer that you want me to"
-MF

GHJ4QkVWwAAQ6Xs.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like a case of the nerves kicked in and he quit right before the fight.

Anything that is serious illness related would have been noticeable prior to 5mins before the fight starting. That’s bullshit and I hope Turcios gets paid for showing up and doing his job.
This whole situation sounds extra sus and reeks of UFC favoritism and bullshit.
I have no info on what went wrong for Rosas.

However, FWIW in 2021 Jamall Emmers vs Chas Skelly was cancelled in the middle of the card because Emmers started having back spasms. Skelly was literally waiting in the Octagon for Emmers to make the walk when he found out the fight was off.

I remember when Struve pulled out of Mittrione with heart problems

I think it happened so quickly there wasn't even a undercard replacement. Shit sucks

In this case I believe Raul is the turkey. Turcios made weight and was ready to fight when he was supposed to...

Sounds like a case of the nerves kicked in and he quit right before the fight.

Anything that is serious illness related would have been noticeable prior to 5mins before the fight starting. That’s bullshit and I hope Turcios gets paid for showing up and doing his job.
This whole situation sounds extra sus and reeks of UFC favoritism and bullshit.
Exactly. He wasn't sick, he had an anxiety attack. Not the first time (Karo Parisyan) and won't be the last.

Back