Rating this season of TUF: Brazil

MMAddict21

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Personally, I thought this season was great. They upped the quality from last season and it had some great fights. No BS house drama, voting for the ring girls was pretty cool. The product placement was pretty awful at times, but not as bad as previous seasons and the coaches "beef" seemed a little staged, but other than that I really enjoyed it.

I'd give TUF Brazil 3 a solid 8/10

How do you think the fighters will do in the UFC?

Warlley and "Lyoto" both seem like really solid prospects, I think either one can do some damage to the division in the next couple years. Title challengers? Maybe not but I can see one or both getting into the Top 15.

The HWs are more hard to figure out. I think both will drop to LHW after the finale. Both guys seem skilled, but Miranda sort of lacks in the grappling department. I can see Carlos breaking Top 15, and I like Vitor, but im not sure if he can do much.

I give it a 8/10 as well, I thought the fights were good and the heat between the coaches made it even more entertaining. I think the UFC will pick up some really talented fighters off of this season "Vitor" is one of them that comes to mind. Also the fighters had a chance to vote for certain ring girls which I thought was a neat concept, overall I enjoyed this season of TUF and I'm looking forward to the finale.

Last edited:
I actually enjoyed the heck out of it, Sonnen and Silva as Coaches was great. I thought the two girls they had as Assistant Coaches were enjoyable, I bet having that calming presence for the fighters was probably enjoyable. The little challenges were fun to watch as well. The ring card girl bit was a bit strange, but I still found it fun to have them there. Dudes probably semi-enjoyed that to.

A lot of TUF is the same from season to season so all the changes were welcome. Probably my favorite season of TUF in a long time.

Vitor Miranda, Warley and Cara de Sapato will do very well imo.

Lyoto needs to get his cardio issues fixed asap or he's fucked. Other than that, he is good.

Rick Monstro fights like a heavy Wand. Fans will probably love him if he can win a couple of fights.

I actually enjoyed the heck out of it, Sonnen and Silva as Coaches was great. I thought the two girls they had as Assistant Coaches were enjoyable, I bet having that calming presence for the fighters was probably enjoyable. The little challenges were fun to watch as well. The ring card girl bit was a bit strange, but I still found it fun to have them there. Dudes probably semi-enjoyed that to.

A lot of TUF is the same from season to season so all the changes were welcome. Probably my favorite season of TUF in a long time.

I agree. I enjoyed it a lot too.
There was more variety.

Also, the improvement over the last season was huge. No pranks and some nice training footage.

Best season in Brazil so far, IMO

I dropped off the radar for most of the first round of fights, but watched the last two episodes. Fights have been okay, some good finishes. But TUF Brazil is just not my cup of tea whatsoever, I skip to the fight EVERY time.

I hate the product placement, I hate those stupid women coaches, I hate the formulaic life stories of every single fighter on every single season, the same formulaic speeches. I hate the crying, and I have no interest in watching a fucking bikini contest.

The show sucks, apart from 10-15mins each week when we see two guys throw down. The training footage is so ridiculously basic, also - you can tell they are gearing it towards viewers who have never seen the sport before. "Punch him there and kick his leg". The coaches talk to the fighters like complete novices, but I suppose they have to to educate the viewers who don't follow the sport.

I liked it, but it was predictable. All of the guys I thought would make it to the semi-finals made it. 3 of the 4 guys I thought would be in the finals are in the finals. But it was fun to watch. I think some of them could be decent in the UFC. I think Warlley, given his current skills and how young he is, could not only make an immediate impact, but has a high ceiling and could eventually be a contender. I also think Pazao still has the most potential of the HWs and if he can work on some of his shortcomings, could be a solid LHW or MW (obviously he won't stay at HW).

my expectations were tempered, but it was awesome

cara de sapato and vitor miranda is going to be awesome.

warlley is the sleeper of the whole show.

All the guys in the finals have potential, but Lyoto needs to get some better cardio or hes gonna get fucked up, overall a solid 8/10 on the season

Good fighters and good fights.
Just get rid of the female ''coaches''.

I dropped off the radar for most of the first round of fights, but watched the last two episodes. Fights have been okay, some good finishes. But TUF Brazil is just not my cup of tea whatsoever, I skip to the fight EVERY time.

I hate the product placement, I hate those stupid women coaches, I hate the formulaic life stories of every single fighter on every single season, the same formulaic speeches. I hate the crying, and I have no interest in watching a fucking bikini contest.

The show sucks, apart from 10-15mins each week when we see two guys throw down. The training footage is so ridiculously basic, also - you can tell they are gearing it towards viewers who have never seen the sport before. "Punch him there and kick his leg". The coaches talk to the fighters like complete novices, but I suppose they have to to educate the viewers who don't follow the sport.

I definitely think there should be a much greater focus on training sessions. You barely see the coaches doing any... "coaching". It's mostly motivational stuff or arguing.

So far TUF Brazil has produced a guy who got knocked out by Jeremy Stephens, a guy who got knocked out by CB Dollaway, and a guy who should have lost to Norman Parke.

My expectations are low.

Chael's come back was an awesome thing to see. Their was a point where I thought he was screwed. I became a fan of Vitor and Warley.. I'm really excited to see those two in the UFC. Lyoto seemed like he generated no power what so ever in his last fight. At first I thought he'd be the one to impress, but now I'm least impressed by him then all the other finalist.

I loved this one. Brazilians are great guys. They support each other and are very secure unlike the ones in America who are obsessed with acting tough. May be its a cultural thing.

9/10

Back