Rating Kron Gracie

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by NHB7, Jan 1, 2017.

1. NHB7

NHB7 Steel Belt

Ive never seen Kron fight. I check his record every so often like I do with a lot of prospects. It's been a lonnng time since I've seen a Gracie with a respectable MMA career (Renzo maybe?). So those that have watched Kron, please help me gauge his ability. Rank him from 1 (terrible) to 5 (excellent) in the following categories:

Striking
    Sub grappling
    Wrestling
    Power
    Speed
    Endurance

Thanks.

2. maximmm

maximmm Green Belt

Seems like a legit fighter - and it appears as if he has a decent head on his shoulders (in regards to his post-fight speech).
    I have more respect for him than I do for his father.

3. TrevorRoss

TrevorRoss Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Textbook BJJ. Just like his daddy. If he trains all of his other skills to compliment his BJJ we will have a champion soon. Would love to see him vs BJ Penn in Japan.

Little Mac and kingcillo24 like this.
  4. Edwin

Edwin Guest

His grappling on a scale of 1 to 5 is a 10, so that tells you how good it is.

He also just dominated Kawajiri who's a very good featherweight.

5. spinitch

spinitch Purple Belt

Felt Kron vs Crusher highest caliber men's fight of the event.

Looking forward to Kron's next challenge.

6. cookdaddy

cookdaddy OG of OG's

Striking - 3 overall, but his dirty boxing is great. Think a poor mans Diaz brother.
    Sub grappling - 6
    Wrestling - 3
    Power - 3
    Speed - 4
    Endurance - 5. Kinda unknown but you have to think being Ricksons son its very good.

Also, Roger has a respectable MMA career.

spinitch and Katsumi Yamada like this.
  7. MilesAbove

MilesAbove Gold Belt

Watching him like I gained a whole new respect for him. His stand-up is near null, but it doesn't matter when you're 11/10 in grappling. Not sure who on earth beats that dude in Japan, since they don't do the shit 10-point per round system.

8. Coconutwater

Coconutwater Purple Belt

Submission grappling 5/5

Wrestling 2/5 (good scrambles in BJJ but "wrestling" in MMA is poor. Zero takedowns except a few trips and guard pulls against lesser opposition.

Striking - 2/5 - good at dirty boxing but unable to really control distance with his striking if push came to shove... He can't beat an average striker at striking.

Speed 4/5 - Great explosiveness and handspeed but doesn't show in his Diaz like boxing because Diaz brothers don't snap their punches or fire off fast combos. They turn it into an attrition thing.

Endurance 5/5 - Best cardio in the game. Never see him gas in dozens of BJJ matches and he can finish a triathalon without dying.

9. CDF47

CDF47 Gold Belt

Kron's BJJ is top level. He is Rizin's version of Maia or Jacare. I hope he continues to have success in MMA like these two. It's cool having a Gracie (especially Rickson's son) find success in this sport.

10. Stun Gun

Stun Gun Green Belt

Striking- 3. His dirty boxing was the most surprising thing. Kron needs to work on his jab.

Wrestling- 3.good scrambles but needs to work on his takedowns.

Speed- 4. Great handspeed. Training with the diaz brothers,jake&gil really helped kron a lot

Endurance- 5. His cardio is awesome. Those thriathlon events with nate&nick helped his cardio big time

Jiujitsu- 10. Need to say more?