Rather Interesting Article

First thanks to TS. Damn good article.

Hmmm, interesting article but I've made some impressive improvements at stage 2 working my way to stage 3.

I'd disagree with this part:

Dude needs to chill the fuck out. Unless you're a top-level competitor it doesn't fucking matter if you have cheetos once a week or not.

I think this guy has a mindset that someone who struggles with obesity would. You are right that there isn't anything wrong with occasional cheat food, but for me moderation has always been the issue. It is easier for me to go cold turkey than to try to limit myself. If youy have this personality then what he says is very valid because it won't stay once a week for long.

As a matter of fact I have the time to kick some bad habits before I move next month. I feel inspired. We'll see.

Shugart is a FFB (Former Fat Boy) but he's also very intense and not at all performance minded.

I'm not familiar with him. Was that a typo or do you mean he's all about looks (i.e. bodybuilding)?

He's all about looks. Abs to be precise, but while I think he's a bit overboard (I'm a big fan of Berardi's 90% compliance), to each his own. IWhile I might not agree with his motives, I think the article can be applied to any aspect of your training (or any aspect of your life really) that's keeping you from being your "best" however you define it.

Good article, I also vary between 2,3,4. I was doing good for a while but lately I've gotten lazy especially when it comes to diet, I know the crap I eat is bad, yet I eat it anyway and regret it as soon as it's down...then I do it again. Gotta get back into the 3 and 4 stages, that 21 days cold turkey sounds good.

Back