Rate UFC 166 Cain vs. JDS 3 On A Scale Of 1-10

youngsteinel

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
That was a great card. I am going to go with 9.5/10. Really entertaining card.

Gil and Diego was great.
Didn't care for Roy and Cormier at all.
Main event was as expected

It was really good. Probably would rate it higher, if it didn't follow jones and Gus. Tough act to follow.

10/10

That's what you call a grand slam.

Best Fight Card of year easily. Only other card in the discussion in 2013 was UFC on FOX Henderson V. Melendez.

Best card in the last 2 years.

For me it was a 9 or 9.5.
Only boring moment was Nelson vs. Cormier in the 3rd round. Otherwise, my eyes were glued to the tv screen from prelim to main event.

last fight ruined it
otherwise good card

9/10

Prelim and main card was pretty evenly stacked and we ended up with good fights threaded start to finish.

8.5/10.. We crowned the baddest man on the planet and had exciting fights, one of the best of the year. But the card had a big share of mismatches as well

Started with 8, finished with 5. Overall I'd give it a 6, maybe 6.5

Solid 3/10

The undercard was a mile better then the main

No one died, no major bones were broken, but there were some decent cuts. I think several fighters suffered permanent brain damage, which always makes these fights more enjoyable to me.

DC's 'fight' was boring and Velasquez was much the same. At least JDS' face was punched a lot. The longevity of his career also suffered, which is a bonus.

Women kept their clothes on, which was a bummer.

There was little trash talk leading up to the card, a clear flaw.

Overall, I'd rate it a 5/10.

I might adjust my score later, adding a point in case fighters get cut from the UFC.

Anyone who rates it under a 7 didn't see the prelims. I have it at a 9...other than DC/Nelson, every fight was good, some being great.

Back