Fear X (2003)
Pusher II (2004)
Pusher III (2005)
Bronson (2008)
Valhalla Rising (2009)
Drive (2011)
Only God Forgives (2013)
The Neon Demon (2016)

One of the most known indipendent directors... what do you make of his work?

Last edited:
I haven’t seen his earlier work (pre Bronson), but I feel like he’s a bit of a one-hit wonder. I liked Valhalla Rising actually, but I don’t think a lot of people did.

I haven’t seen his earlier work (pre Bronson), but I feel like he’s a bit of a one-hit wonder. I liked Valhalla Rising actually, but I don’t think a lot of people did.

Pusher trilogy and Bleeder are very enjoyable genre films actually, i'd reccomend them as they're more accesible and less artsy compared to his rest. I do not like Fear X at all, though.

I was thinking about starting a pusher trilogy thread recently!!! Classics. I was never a drug dealer but in my youth had a lot of, er, less then reputable friends. Those films really captured the down right shitness of the criminal world. I’d give him 8 maybe should have gone with a 9 now that I think about it. Bronson, drive and Valhalla rising are all amazing movies too

Drive is the best thing he's done.

Pusher films, drive and Bronson are good films. Rest no time for

Drive, Neon Demon and Valhalla rising are quality movies. Haven't seen his other work.

Drive was different, worth a watch. I hated the rest. I dont get Neon Demon at all and Valhalla sucked.

Ok, I've finally seen them all:

All his films are worth watching as they're atleast something different then what's usually released nowadays. I'm sticking with Drive though. Blew my mind when I first saw it.

1. Drive 9/10
2. The Neon Demon 8/10
3. Pusher 3 7.5/10
4. Pusher 7.5/10
5. Pusher 2 7/10
6. Bronson 6.5/10
7. Bleeder 6.5/10
8. Only God Forgives 6/10
9. Valhalla Rising 6/10
10. Fear X 5/10

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of his earlier films pusher 1-3 are goats of the crime cinema johnraw

bleeder is an awesome flick too and I fucks with bronson

from his recent stuff though I really only like Valhalla rising and drive

pusher 2, bronson & drive were his best work. but when he goes to far (only god forgives, neon demon,) his work turns to shit.

He's one of my favorite directors. I've liked every movie of his that I've seen and the only one I haven't yet is Bleeder

His old gritty stuff is cool, his newer more surreal stuff is amazing.

Pusher 1 is the only good movie he has made.

Pusher 1 is the only good movie he has made.

Harsh

I liked his artsy movies actually, even though most be hating on them. However the Pusher triology is GOAT material.

Havent seen Valhalla.

Harsh

I liked his artsy movies actually, even though most be hating on them. However the Pusher triology is GOAT material.

Havent seen Valhalla.
Just Pusher 1 for me. 2+3 were a major step down imo.

Back