Rate the Chin.

Who has better Chin?

• Total voters
rumble even broke arlovski's jaw in the extra time he was given at the end of that round, too (faulty timekeeper).

It's a shame that fight never got changed to a NC. That timekeeping error allowed Rumble to win, he was behind in round 1 by a little before the extra 8 seconds and only won 29-28. If they didn't mess up on timekeeping Arlovski would have won the fight.

Arlovski has the better chin but he fights at HW so he fights a lot more guys with one punch KO power.

With both its more issues of defence, Arlovski often gets caught either backing up or pushing forward too aggressively, Rockhold just has too much confidence in his boxing defence when its only average at best.

JDS is actually quite similar to Alorvski in terms of how he gets caught but has a very high level chin.

It was hilarious when he tried to just use head movement to avoid punches against Branch and got lit up for it. Rockhold's head movement is terrible.

With both its more issues of defence, Arlovski often gets caught either backing up or pushing forward too aggressively, Rockhold just has too much confidence in his boxing defence when its only average at best.

JDS is actually quite similar to Alorvski in terms of how he gets caught but has a very high level chin.

Agreed, they get hit with big shots they don't see coming or run into big shots making them even more powerful. If they didn't do this so often I think their chins would be considered average.

It was hilarious when he tried to just use head movement to avoid punches against Branch and got lit up for it. Rockhold's head movement is terrible.

Rockhold basically looks to fight like Dillashaw but lacks anything like the same ability boxing wise.

I mean he is definitely a dangerous kicker and really his game should be all about keeping it at range and then shooting for takedowns when guys get close to him ala GSP but he gets drawn into boxing matches too easily.

"Chin science" is to undeveloped to really know but Arlovski has been ko'd a lot more.

Rockhold went out of a Bisping shot that appeared to be an arm punch, or at least not bispings hardest shot

Rockhold basically looks to fight like he's Dillashaw but lacks anything like the same ability boxing wise.

I mean he is definitely a dangerous kicker and really his game should be all about keeping it at range and then shooting for takedowns when guys get close to him ala GSP but he gets drawn into boxing matches too easily.

He doesn't have the footwork, hands, head movmenet or cardio to fight like Dillashaw but I think you hit the nail on the head there, that's how he tries to fight in the stand up but he doesn't have the tools for it. Fighting a long style like GSP and Rory would be the way to go IMO but he needs to work on his timing of takedowns for that to work well too, but at least he doesn't need to work on as much to make it work.

Arlovski.

He never had a bad chin as such, he just has bad defence and literally jumps into punches

Arlovski.

I think both of their chins are underrated though, their issues are defense. They take shots with their heads stationary.

Anderson Silva is a good example. Look at the shots he's rolled with and been fine. Now look at the shots that have hurt him - he wasn't expecting them and his chin was in the air but a lot/most of them probably wouldn't have hurt him if he expected them and rolled with them.

I guess Arlovski, mostly because he's fighting heavyweights so having a 'bad chin' isn't always necessarily the case at that weight.

how bout brandon shab or goulet

Considering their respective divisions who has better chin. Is it Luke Rockhold or Andrei Arlovski?
AA and its not even close! I don't think I've ever seen Luke walk off a good one. Would love some GIFs lol

I dont know if Rockholds chin is bad or his boxing defense is just trash.

I dont know if Rockholds chin is bad or his boxing defense is just trash.

DBcUtoo.jpg

Arlovski.

Took shots from Rumble that would have ended Rockholds life.

Back